• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Movies/TV shows every furry should watch?

Alopecoid

So one of the best parts of my first furcon (#ANE2018) was hearing and seeing a lot of references to TV shows, movies, and games that went completely over my head. I found that really fun, because now I have all these great ideas for new entertainment to explore. For example, I'm watching Robin Hood for the first time on YouTube and loving it. Possibly the cutest thing I've ever seen.

Anyway, I was wondering what you guys would recommend as some movies/TV shows every furry should watch? I'm sure I'll get some great suggestions. :)

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
Kimba the white lion

That was an amazing show! Didn't think anyone else here was a fan!

Huh, me:

-All the classic Loony Tunes: Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Foghorn Leghorn, Porky Pig, &c. Really some timeless classics here, especially the ones directed by Chuck Jones and Robert McKimson
-H. R. Puffinstuff (preferably while, er, puffing stuff!)
-Tiny Toons
-Darkwing Duck
-Ducktales
-Flip Frog (Ub Iwerk, 1930s)
-a whole host of things by Tex Avery
-40's-50s Donald Duck short features
-Betty Boop (maybe not furry, but her dog Pudgy is adorable, and has some of his own features)
-Dangermouse
-Teen Titans (mid 2000's, just for Beast Boy!)

~

Also:

-Bambi
-Jungle Book
-Fox and the Hound
-Lion king (duh)

-The Secret of NIMH (1982)

...and more, that I'm forgetting!

M

Massan Otter

I grew up with

Danger Mouse
Thunder Cats
Mutant Turtles
Animaniacs
Moomins
Water Ship Down
Wombles
Bagpuss
Wind in the willows
The Clangers
...... well that's what I can think of for the moment

Ah, now that has a lot of overlap with me.

Yakamaru

Level 32 Knight
Disregard this post. It have literally nothing of value to this thread.

Baalf

Will accept free hugs and tummy rubs.
S

Scales42

Not necessarily furry related, but I like the TV show grimm.

Starbeak

Born in Space, endlessly exploring star-systems
:)

Basically anything on Boomerang or WB Animation / Hannah Barbara Animation, Disney or Dreamworks Animation.

Disney and their branches pretty much got the Anthropomorphic Creatures on full blast as well as Dreamworks Animation and tons of other studios. Just keep an eye out ;)

My top 5 Movies for Fuzz-Butts

1) Zootopia (Pretty much streamlines the fan-base and introduced so many non-furs to do "research" on Nick "Daddy" Wilde and Judy "Mama" Hopps).
2) Lion King
3) Oliver and Company
4) Rio (For avian fans) xD
5) Secret Life of Pets

My top 5 Tv Shows for Fuzz-Butts

1) Tiny Toon Adventures
2) Garfield and Friends
3) Looney Tunes (Obviously lol)
4) Tom and Jerky Jerry
5) Ducktales

:)

Last edited:

Flowercat

Meadowchaser
Brother Bear has always been one of my favorites.

Baalf

Will accept free hugs and tummy rubs.
1) Zootopia (Pretty much streamlines the fan-base and introduced so many non-furs to do "research" on Nick "Daddy" Wilde and Judy "Mama" Hopps).
2) Lion King
3) Oliver
4) Rio (For avian fans) xD
5) Secret Life of Pets

"Oliver" as in Oliver Twist or "Oliver" as in Oliver and Company? I'm assuming the latter unless there's an anthro version of the former.

S

Sagt

Birdboy: The Forgotten Children

It's not a must-see film for furries, but I thought it was good and worth a mention, despite being a somewhat obscure indie film.

Most of the big films have already been mentioned in this thread anyway.

Ravofox

Aussie foxy
Regular Show, perhaps? It has some anthro characters and the show is really funny.

I definitely agree, and it really caters to the typical demographic.

To suggest one that hasn't been mentioned, Monsters Inc. Even though they weren't real species, many of the characters were based off real animals (Randal for instance pretty much is just a big lizard), and several have fur. Plus, it's a really good film.

Kumali

Lupine-American
The 2016 live-action/CGI Jungle Book.

Still not faithful to the Kipling original, but not completely insulting like some previous versions, and visually it's freakin' amazing.

M

Massan Otter

Talking to people at the local furmeet last week, I noticed a lot of affection for The Animals of Farthing Wood, the animated series from the early 90s. I watched it at the time and hadn't thought about it in a long time, but it probably did influence my fondness for British woodland species drawn in feral form - I always enjoy that aesthetic.

Sunburst_Odell

Some weird teen on the web that likes cartoons
I definitely agree, and it really caters to the typical demographic.

To suggest one that hasn't been mentioned, Monsters Inc. Even though they weren't real species, many of the characters were based off real animals (Randal for instance pretty much is just a big lizard), and several have fur. Plus, it's a really good film.
Oh, I love Monsters Inc.! One of my favorite Pixar films!

Alopecoid

I was one of those non-furs. :) Zootopia definitely made me into a full-fledged furry. I really fell in love with the characters, and I thought the message was very powerful and timely. In addition to being a great furry movie, it's just a great movie, period. Smart, funny as hell, beautifully animated, great voice acting...the stars really aligned for that one.

Thanks for the recommendations, everyone! Looking forward to checking them all out.