• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Movin' out West!

Skittle

Banned
Banned
My mate and I are gonna eventually move out West, however we're not to sure where to live! My mate doesn't like how hot Kansas gets and I dun like how far everything is. I would like to live in the country but not too far from a city (maybe 30-45 minutes away).

Any furs wanna give suggestions? And please, give reasons.

EDIT: Ok, I should be specific. I would like a landlocked state, I am not going out to the West coast, being from New Jersey I hate the ocean and the beach and the sand and all. My mate is from Cape Cod and while I love the Cape, I want a landlocked state, out in the country. I'm talkin' almost hicktown. My mate has basically made me a country girl even though I've wanted to own a little farm for awhile. I would love a place like Kansas but not as hot so my mate doesn't bitch as much.

EDITEDIT: No banned breeds. I'm HIGHLY against BSL and would like to own American Pit Bull Terriers, Staffodshire Bull Terriers, and the like. I'm a big dog lover and have always loved the dogs clumped in under the 'pit bull' title. I also like Rotties, German Shepard Dogs and the like. All of which some places consider 'dangerous dogs'. :roll:

Last edited:

NekoFox08

Lux Aeterna
I'll give you one place NOT to live... Arizona... reason: It sucks... it's twice as hot as most other states, it has NO attractions for tourists, and nothing interesting ever happens here... not to mention, homophobes (trust me, I know TT_TT)

but as far as my knowledge, I hear San Francisco is not only gay friendly, but has quite a few furs ^_^

T

Tycho

If you're gonna go west, go all the way to the west coast. There are spots in Oregon and Washington that offer mild temperatures and strike a balance between civilization and freedom.

Nylak

Angry Otter
Don't go to Missouri. It sucks here. >> I love it, though. *happily snuggles down in the midwest*

Lillie Charllotte

Utsukuchiku no yagi.
Sac town is awsome! Alot'a meth tho...

Grimfang

I just moved out to Albuquerque, NM. It's warm out here, but the absence of humidity makes it not too bad. I've met a bunch of cool furs out here.. really awesome people. Cost of living is pretty good, especially compared to where I came from. And there are some pretty good jobs out here too, depending on what you're looking at for that.

It's an awesome area, although I'm just about to leave only because my own situation didn't work out. It's definitely worth looking into.

NekoFox08

Lux Aeterna

as in, I convert people who AREN'T furries into eventually becoming furries... I think it's a gift xD all I have to do is whip out my big, long... zune, and show them my yiffy pictures, and they just stare, and deny they like it, then 2 days later, they message me asking for more pics... weird

Lillie Charllotte

Utsukuchiku no yagi.
as in, I convert people who AREN'T furries into eventually becoming furries... I think it's a gift xD all I have to do is whip out my big, long... zune, and show them my yiffy pictures, and they just stare, and deny they like it, then 2 days later, they message me asking for more pics... weird

Weird! ._.

T

Tycho

LET ME SHOW YOU MY POKEMANS.

xiath

Rocket to your face.
I'll give you one place NOT to live... Arizona... reason: It sucks... it's twice as hot as most other states, it has NO attractions for tourists, and nothing interesting ever happens here... not to mention, homophobes (trust me, I know TT_TT)

I double that. You speak words of wisdom.

NekoFox08

Lux Aeterna
Well, nothing I'm a closeted furry. Easy as so?

my parents don't know, but I could care less who else finds out... my parents aren't very... accepting.

and I don't get why you can't be a closeted furry and still be active within the community. forums aren't what I consider being active enough within the community. for example: I told my mom I was going to an anime convention, when in fact, I'm going to a fur con >=3

Lillie Charllotte

Utsukuchiku no yagi.
my parents don't know, but I could care less who else finds out... my parents aren't very... accepting.

and I don't get why you can't be a closeted furry and still be active within the community. forums aren't what I consider being active enough within the community. for example: I told my mom I was going to an anime convention, when in fact, I'm going to a fur con >=3

Oh. Hm, well in the other hand. No offence, I'm no fan of the community.
I know I'm gonna die from that.

NekoFox08

Lux Aeterna

what is this? geez, lol. you must be the 400th person who's a member of this site, yet isn't a fan of the community... you people confuse me... I thought furries were confusing, but... wow 0_o

so wait, you just said you're a closeted furry...?

Syz

It's showtime!

but as far as my knowledge, I hear San Francisco is not only gay friendly, but has quite a few furs ^_^

I almost cried. Arizona has plenty of attractions for tourists, Grand Canyon anyone? Just opening up a copy of Arizona highways is enough to see how much stuff there is here, but yea, nothing interesting really happens..no one's perfect.

NekoFox08

Lux Aeterna
I almost cried. Arizona has plenty of attractions for tourists, Grand Canyon anyone? Just opening up a copy of Arizona highways is enough to see how much stuff there is here, but yea, nothing interesting really happens..no one's perfect.

I'm sorry, but compared to just about any other state, arizona doesn't have much to offer... sorry if I offended you, but seriously, how many other attractions in arizona are out there? I want lakes, and oceans! this place is just a desert :mad:

Syz

It's showtime!
We have lake Havasu, Lake Mead (the largest man made lake in the U.S.), Lake Powell..uh, Skiing destinations in Flagstaff and Tucson (Mount Lemmon). Plenty of national parks and such, too. I understand how you could not like it here though, I have a friend whose originally from Boston and he dies a little every summer :).
Maybe this state isn't for everyone, but that's okay.

NekoFox08

Lux Aeterna
We have lake Havasu, Lake Mead (the largest man made lake in the U.S.), Lake Powell..uh, Skiing destinations in Flagstaff and Tucson (Mount Lemmon). Plenty of national parks and such, too. I understand how you could not like it here though, I have a friend whose originally from Boston and he dies a little every summer :).
Maybe this state isn't for everyone, but that's okay.

lol, not everyone likes arizona... yea, not a single person in my school likes arizona. xD

my problem with arizona is, not only have I lived here all my life, but, I guess if this makes any sense: my personality doesn't match what arizona has to offer... it's just so different from what I prefer, it sucks that I don't have enough money to get out there and see the world

That's pretty common, I wouldn't worry about it, lots of people like the subject of the fandom but hate how stupid the fandom it's self has become.

Zune eh, what an odd euphemism for penis :[ .