• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Movin' out West!

Mizuhana Kositeru

Made in Heaven
Colorado sucks ass. Having lived there for a long time, I know it generally doesn't harbour many friendly people when out and about. It's also very expensive--I think anywhere West is pretty much gonna be expensive anyway, compared to somewhere like the Midwest. Also, the weather is random, and all seasons tend to take place in the same day...no matter what season it really is. No kidding.

The mountains are lovely though. The rest of the state looks dead and old. But it's better than Kansas!!!

If heat's a problem come to Canada, you definately won't have to worry about it here, it got below -40 degrees this winter :p .

Nargle

HOOT
Colorado sucks ass. Having lived there for a long time, I know it generally doesn't harbour many friendly people when out and about. It's also very expensive--I think anywhere West is pretty much gonna be expensive anyway, compared to somewhere like the Midwest. Also, the weather is random, and all seasons tend to take place in the same day...no matter what season it really is. No kidding.

The mountains are lovely though. The rest of the state looks dead and old. But it's better than Kansas!!!

Musta been the town you lived in. I used to live in Colorado, and honestly, I think it's gorgeous there =3

And, I think the hospitality of the people doesn't necessarily relate to the location. I live in Texas, and we're supposed to have that whole "southern hospitality" thing going. 'Cept I've met some of the BIGGEST assholes around here =3

Erro

Lost Wolf
Denver! paws down =3 it is awesome here (and in the running for furry capital of the US)
To the OP- Dudes, check out Colorado =3 That's probably the nicest place in the midwest. Otherwise, keep going until you hit the ocean =D
^ truth

I dunno what part of Colorado you lived in, cause I live within biking range of metro Denver, and its not only one of the nicest places I've been in my life, it's also a hell of a lot cheaper than other places I lived.

Skittle

Banned
Banned
STAY ON TOPIC! *flails*

And sorry guys. I want a landlocked state. Ocean/beach/etc is not me. I want some country!

Mizuhana Kositeru

Made in Heaven
Musta been the town you lived in. I used to live in Colorado, and honestly, I think it's gorgeous there =3

And, I think the hospitality of the people doesn't necessarily relate to the location. I live in Texas, and we're supposed to have that whole "southern hospitality" thing going. 'Cept I've met some of the BIGGEST assholes around here =3

Perhaps I'm a bit biased on that, then, having lived in Hawai'i as well where things were much, much different through my eyes, as far as the people, some of the laws, the general atmosphere. Too bad the OP wants a land-locked state! As a whole state, perhaps Colorado is not so bad in comparison to other ones. At least there's no humidity ^.^ (Texas! I don't miss it there...except for What-a-Burger.)

Utah is a very, very pretty state with a lot of lovely landscape. However, I'm not very acquainted with it as others might be, so I'm not sure if it's actually as nice a place to live in as it looks. (It's nice for camping, though) However, if you really wanna get country, you could think about the Dakotas or even Wyoming.

Skittle

Banned
Banned
Hey, you can always move to Poland. :p
Cause a person right outta high school and the other fresh outta the military have the money from that. I'm Polish! Haha.

Skittle

Banned
Banned

Skittle

Banned
Banned
Perhaps I'm a bit However, if you really wanna get country, you could think about the Dakotas or even Wyoming.
I would like SOME people. Haha. And living in a state with our first daughter's first name is defiantly out.

T

Tycho

Well, MAYBE Northern Idaho... though come on, who the hell wants to live in Idaho, given a choice? Canada actually sounds right up your alley. Inland British Columbia is supposed to be great.

(Yeah, I'm biased towards the West.)

M. LeRenard

Is not French
During the summer I live and work in Western Nebraska. If you don't want to drive long distances to get anywhere, though, it's not the place for you. Basically, anywhere west of Lincoln it goes: hamlet hamlet hamlet hamlet Grand Island hamlet hamlet hamlet hamlet hamlet Kearney hamlet hamlet hamlet hamlet hamlet Ogallala, etc. The 'big' towns (meaning more than 10,000 people) are all separated by at least 60 miles and at most 100, and everything else MIGHT have a gas station, if you're lucky.
But eastern Nebraska... Still lots of farms and small towns, but it's a bit denser, and you'd be pretty close to Lincoln (pop. 220,000, last I checked), and Omaha (population... I dunno'. Bigger than Lincoln).
Cost of living is really low, but I think gas prices might be a little higher because the oil has to travel farther to get here. And you'll have all the Mom and Pop diners and Hometown Cooking you could possibly want. It's just a requirement that you have to enjoy beef and corn, and you can't do anything too ostentatious. So like, no walking around in a fursuit in public, or anything like that. And be wary of putting, say, an Obama '08 bumper sticker on your car. You'll definitely get weird looks, and some guy in a cowboy hat might walk up to you in a parking lot and try to feed you some mud about the guy (true story... though it wasn't about Obama. Scott Kleeb, rather).
It's very boring here, but some people like that I guess. And be wary of small-town politics; when everybody knows everybody, things can get pretty bizarre.

Anyway, that's my experience. Also, Nebraska is about as landlocked as you can get, so I guess that'd be a plus.

Torrijos-sama

The Artist Formerly Known as Jesusfish
Move to Minnesota... Only problem; The giant black cloud of hell and damnation known as mosquitoes and flies that decend on minnesota in the summer. Oklahoma is very nice... And so is Texas... but if you're gonna move out west... head to Montana.

Azure

100% organic vegan hubbas
My mate and I are gonna eventually move out West, however we're not to sure where to live! My mate doesn't like how hot Kansas gets and I dun like how far everything is. I would like to live in the country but not too far from a city (maybe 30-45 minutes away).

Any furs wanna give suggestions? And please, give reasons.

EDIT: Ok, I should be specific. I would like a landlocked state, I am not going out to the West coast, being from New Jersey I hate the ocean and the beach and the sand and all. My mate is from Cape Cod and while I love the Cape, I want a landlocked state, out in the country. I'm talkin' almost hicktown. My mate has basically made me a country girl even though I've wanted to own a little farm for awhile. I would love a place like Kansas but not as hot so my mate doesn't bitch as much.
Come to Tennessee. There's no state tax, beautiful country, friendly people, and all the trappings of the west, without being buttfuck nowhere. Nashville is a nice town, with nice hamlets around it that while near to the city, are nice and countryfied. Chattanooga is also beautiful, being right under the Smoky Mountains. Out of all the places I've lived, this is by far the place I've enjoyed the most. Also, damn straight Renard, about small town politics. I live in a town like that, and lets just say the local news has "variety". Apparently the big lawyer in town is also some sort of drug dealer, and is good friends with the mayor. But hey, we got a nice new park, and a choo choo train to Nashville from the guy, so fuck it.

Skittle

Banned
Banned
Haha. I was thinking about Tennessee but no one posted about it yet.

NekoFox08

Lux Aeterna
Come to Tennessee. There's no state tax, beautiful country, friendly people, and all the trappings of the west, without being buttfuck nowhere. Nashville is a nice town, with nice hamlets around it that while near to the city, are nice and countryfied. Chattanooga is also beautiful, being right under the Smoky Mountains. Out of all the places I've lived, this is by far the place I've enjoyed the most. Also, damn straight Renard, about small town politics. I live in a town like that, and lets just say the local news has "variety". Apparently the big lawyer in town is also some sort of drug dealer, and is good friends with the mayor. But hey, we got a nice new park, and a choo choo train to Nashville from the guy, so fuck it.

tis azure?! yay! the one guy I liked ^_^

anyway.... japan... sounds like a bad place to live, but from my understanding, the things you hear about japan, makes you wanna live there!

M. LeRenard

Is not French
anyway.... japan... sounds like a bad place to live, but from my understanding, the things you hear about japan, makes you wanna live there!
Landlocked, hicktown, out west... Yep, sounds just like Japan. I think you're onto something.

Also, damn straight Renard, about small town politics. I live in a town like that, and lets just say the local news has "variety".
Ah, Mayberry. Where the people who suck the most dick get the biggest raises. At least your place sounds pretty nice; a new park in my town would never be allowed, because all the old fogies living in Good Samaritan Village would never allow the 2 cent a day tax increase.

Last edited:

Иван

YOU BACK! I've been keeping a warm spot for you. :]

Tycho The Itinerant said:
Well, MAYBE Northern Idaho... though come on, who the hell wants to live in Idaho, given a choice? Canada actually sounds right up your alley. Inland British Columbia is supposed to be great.

Inland B.C. sounds like it might suit your preferences. Home of Canada's only desert, actually. It are fact. You might also try Saskatchewan.

Last edited:

Skittle

Banned
Banned
While I would love to move to Canada, currently our money wouldn't support it.

Иван

If you ever can, my only advice is to avoid the flat part in the middle.

Yes, they're all bastards and you should avoid them at any cost.

...wait.

Skittle

Banned
Banned
Haha. Plus, I dunno how Canadians would react to us blaring Country.