• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Guilleum2

Works too hard
I'm curious to know why fursuiters choose whether or not to have a moving jaw in their head. Is the opposable jaw annoying after a while? Does it hurt? Or are non-moving heads just easier to make/wear?

I've never made/worn a fursuit before...Enlighten me!

A

Andromedahl

It's really personal preference tbh. Some people like having moving jaws cause they can sorta be used to add expression, or maybe they wanna talk in suit, and some people prefer static/non-moving jaws. I've only worn a foam base fursuit with a balaclava and elastic moving jaw thing going on before, and it's pretty comfy. A lotta moving jaw suits are resin bases tho, haven't worn one before so I can't really comment there. Personally though, I'd say making a base with a static jaw is easier than making one with a moving jaw.

Zipline

Noodle Fish
My first "real" suit head accidentally had a moving jaw. I think I wanted one and gave up on it later. When I finished it, the jaw moved. In my experience it is tighter to have an opposable jaw and I do not talk in suit anyway so i does not help me. I prefer non moving jaw. After some use (more if made by an experienced crafter) the jaw tends to wear out and it looks like the mouth is open all the time.

D

Deleted member 82554

It's all about personal preference. Personally, I prefer realism over toony, so a moving jaw helps add to the realism.

Guilleum2

Works too hard
My first "real" suit head accidentally had a moving jaw. I think I wanted one and gave up on it later. When I finished it, the jaw moved. In my experience it is tighter to have an opposable jaw and I do not talk in suit anyway so i does not help me. I prefer non moving jaw. After some use (more if made by an experienced crafter) the jaw tends to wear out and it looks like the mouth is open all the time.

Good to know, I'll keep that in mind if I ever get around to creating one