• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

MTG furries?

I'm not really an avid player. In fact, I rarely play it. But I'm looking for people who play to.. Well, play. =p And talk about it maybe?

I use Cockatrice to play, and I play mostly EDH. Soooooo.. Yeah. If you actually play, just poke me or something.

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
I only play the physical TCG, and then only sporadically. People say my Zombie deck is pretty good.

I play M:TG and am technically a furry, but I tend to not combine the two, or anything to do with furry.

I have 2 EDH decks, one green/white, and the other black/white. I don't invest enough money to be anywhere near competitive tourny-wise, but friendly wise, the two decks are moderate.

Do any of you guys know about Cockatrice? o: It's a MTG simulator. Pretty useful for situations like this!

And well, I don't invest too much on MTG as well, and that's why I use Cockatrice! So I can see which cards fit better to -then- buy them! Also, I'm looking for furries to play because, well, there's always people to play there, but the fact that most of 'em aren't very friendly bothers me. p:

Jags

Shepherd of Fire
I run many decks, most of which are aggravation - Mono Red, Murder decks....Because apparently the way I have fun is to sap other people's ^^

Nikolinni

Niko Linni
I used to play a lot. I used to play competitvely too...too much for me lol.

I used Lackey to do Magic online with, but I'll give cockatrice a look over.

favored colors are White, Blue, and Green.

malk

ravioli?
I used to play hella MTG back in the day. My deck is some kind of amalgamation of artifact, proliferation, poison, and myr. I've been wanting to get back into it, so maybe this could be how I do that.

I've never heard of Cockatrice, but it sounds really cool. Do you have a link (couldn't find one on google)?

Oh yeah. The old Cockatrice serve is down, so they became Woogerworks. s: Here's the link for whoever is interested: http://www.woogerworks.com/

Also, anyone who feels like playing and uses Skype, just send me a note so I can add you guys. That's the whole purpose of this thread after all. =p

Kitsune Cross

**** that **** now! Bitch
I used to play MTG in high school, still have my decks but I don't think they are standard anymore. Control black/blue and nuke/combo red/artifact, both custom made out of scratch, really fun. Also had a wwquest but most cards of this were from a friend.

I don't have a webcam to play via skype :|

Last edited:

Duality Jack

Feeling Loki with it.
Used too back in highschool. Also used to play 40k as a "not ubersmerfs" army.

SkyboundTerror

Thrashing About
dat wooger. lol

I am into MTG, though I can't say I've been playing it lately. I've been a fan for a very long time, since 6th edition, but I've got no money to spend on cards these days and MTG is frigging expensive to keep up with. I don't like Theros much, either.

I do have an MTGO account, but haven't touched it since Innistrad cycled out.

Oh, and obvious heavy red player here.

Punnchy

Feed Me Pizza
Since there are 4 places to play in my city of 160k, it's kinda a hit or miss on how many people are going to go to each place on each night. I went to play tonight and ther where only 4 of us, and only two of us opted in for prizes... :(

BRN

WTB Forum Mod Powers
I'm pretty into the physical TCG lately; found a lot of furries I know are also into it.

Went to a furmeet a couple of days ago where we had an 8-player free-for-all and someone brought bacon. We all milled out on turn 10. :V
Anyway, yeah, there's a bunch of folks in the fandom who play. Using Skype and webcams, you can play with anyone anywhere.

Jags

Shepherd of Fire
Using Skype and webcams, you can play with anyone anywhere.

Knowing you, you're not on about MTG.

My interest has dipped lately, I think because a few of my card-playing friends moved away. It's a shame, because I love Theros - I just haven't played much of it.

Fernin

6150 rpm and spinning.
Ah... I miss the rampaging sliver decks of the late 90s. ;_;

Punnchy

Feed Me Pizza
Tonight, even though it was a night for board games, included a couple of games of mtg, I won both of them against fellow fa member zif, and felt pretty good about it.

Ssssstarbok

Starbok
I play mtg 2014 that I got off steam. D:

idk why why I keep playing mtg it's like meth it makes me angry as fuck but I can't stop playing T-T

Punnchy

Feed Me Pizza
I play mtg 2014 that I got off steam. D:

idk why why I keep playing mtg it's like meth it makes me angry as fuck but I can't stop playing T-T
Try playing the physical card game and figuring out how to collect the money for the cards that come out every so often.

BRN

WTB Forum Mod Powers
Ah... I miss the rampaging sliver decks of the late 90s. ;_;

Slivers got released in the 2014 boosters, but they're not as strong as they used to be...

... they're still ridiculous, but yeah, y'know.

Punnchy

Feed Me Pizza
Slivers got released in the 2014 boosters, but they're not as strong as they used to be...

... they're still ridiculous, but yeah, y'know.

When playing free for all with my friends in standard, slivers lost because I held them at we'd both loose point (guttersnipe in play and a wear/tear in hand). It doesn't seem that the slivers of this day are doing any of that T: deal one damage to target creature or player type stuff, and that I think it's one of its shortcommings for this field set.

GarthTheWereWolf

Captious Lycanthrope of Forum Legend
Used to play a ton of the physical game and magicworkstation with friends. I stopped though. Its an expensive game and as you get older no one ever wants to be that one guy in his mid to late 20s playing it with highschoolers. Still have all my old decks though. Have a brutal Bringer of the Dawns deck.

Punnchy

Feed Me Pizza
It's kinda scary when a guy who hasn't played in a couple of years can top 4 just because of his understanding of the current mechanics and stuff. Those guys have skills I only dream of.