• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Multiple Fursonas?

Eske

Don't believe the mask...
I've always had just one fursona, but I think I'm going to create another. I wonder... is it odd to have more than one fursona? D:

The fursona I have right now is a Panda -- an animal which I don't especially connect with all too well. I like Pandas, I just don't feel that they represent me. I am so very un-Panda in every way.

I believe that all people share a special "connection" with certain animal species (usually just one single species, but sometimes more). My "connection" is of the feline persuasion. c: Before I had even learned to walk, I was crawling around and mewing like a kitten. I grew up with cats, have always been told that I act like a cat, and I'm even NAMED after a cat! (My name's Azlyn, think Aslan from Narnia...!)

But I've grown quite attached to my Panda character, and I don't want to just get rid of her.

So, I'm going to have Electropanda, the panda fursona which is aesthetically appealing but not me at all, and a second feline fursona which represents me in every way.

My only concern is; I wonder which I'll fursuit as? D:

Anyone else have multiple fursonas? What are your thoughts/opinions/experiences?

ExTo

Under the sea, near heat vents
Numerous people have more than one fursona, or one that 'shape-shifts', be it into one of a short range or things or into anything at all.

Don't take fursonas too seriously. You want to have more than one, have more than one. They're not like they're your wife or something, haha... :p

Monak

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES
I can understand changing it if you don't feel connected with the animal of your fursona. I just don't like the furs that change their fursona like the change clothes. I have had mine for about 14 years , and do not intend on ever being anything different.

Kitsunekage

Shinobi of the Inarigakure
Ive only been in the fandom for about a year and a half now, and Ive already had three fursonas (four if you're counting foxes as seperate from kitsune)
Dont take them so serious. Experiment with then a bit before you decide to keep them.
And just have fun ^^

NerdyMunk

Only a Book Smart Nerd
I think of different looks or species for my fursonas in my sleep, so it is not uncommon.

Renton Whitetail

Friendly Mod
I think it's kind of normal for some people to have multiple fursonas should one not be able to make up his/her mind on the right one, or if s/he were in a certain mood and wants to change fursonas and be that specific one for a period of time.

But I've grown quite attached to my Panda character, and I don't want to just get rid of her.
I had a simular problem myself a while ago. (I actually see this type of thread pretty often...there should be a sticky or something. ;p )

Nobody says you have to get rid of your Panda character. She can be just that: a character. Maybe she can canbe delevoped into her own character that is separate from you, or maybe she can show a different aspect of you that your feline Fursona might.

There's also nothing wrong with having multiple Fursonas, so it's really your choice to how you want to go about things~

Aurali

Banned
Banned
Some people think of a fursona as a portrayal of one's self. Other's just find it a vessel to fuck in... I'm guessing having multiple fursona's is something along these lines.

Khizzy

Still a little drunk
More than one is a no-no for me, to be honest it weirds me out to see people with more, calling them 'characters' as if the fandom is some kind of game (it's not, it's deadly serious).

I suppose it's alright if they're different aspects of your personality. I've been Khizzy since I first became a fur, but changed around species twice until I was utterly comfortable. Like you, I'm a kitty, I regard everything to be below myself, like a kitty, I sleep where I like, like a kitty, and assume that I will be fed. Like a kitty, I suppose.

Cats win.

Monak

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES
I HAVE FOUND THE ANSWER! You have MFD , Multiple Fursonality Disorder.

Fourward

always FOUR steps forWARD
I have only one, but it keeps on changing it's fur color :3

RaiN_WolF

I have one, and adapt him to whatever RP I'm taking part in.

Greyscale

I have two.

Keita, a Lynx who is my primary fursona. He is bi and a little girly.
Kado, a Malamute who represents a portion of my personality. He is somewhat of a redneck.

Nalo

be nice or you no get antidote
well for me its complicated cause i have three and theyve always been in my head like "imaginary friends" if you will and they are a part of me also i didint "chose" the names my sounas told me their names

Zarbolord

Hawt brown eyed dragon
Fursona... its a very long story -_-;;; To make this not too painful and breif I'll just say that my human and animal personalities had been separated and kept on fighting each other in my head (many years of breakdown meh). But recently some1 helped me fuse them. I'm... my own fursona... does that make sens? lol

Nalo

be nice or you no get antidote
Fursona... its a very long story -_-;;; To make this not too painful and breif I'll just say that my human and animal personalities had been separated and kept on fighting each other in my head (many years of breakdown meh). But recently some1 helped me fuse them. I'm... my own fursona... does that make sens? lol
i understand completely:D

Zarbolord

Hawt brown eyed dragon
Oh I didn't even answer the topic in my post xD I can only have 1 fursona, cos I am that fursona, and in no way would I be able to cope with more, which is impossible anyway cos al my personality is dragon derived (also good to know its understandable rofl).

NoxTigress

Dungeon Mistress
I've got... ~takes a moment to sit, think, and properly count those that matter~ ...Six that I would consider fursonas rather than just plain ol' characters. But only one that is really me... if I have to have one to properly represent me.