• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Murrsuiters get event cancelled and possible full-life consequences

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRN

WTB Forum Mod Powers
Can someone explain how the fuck a little bit of semen on a car equals to $55,000 in damages?

Do you own a car? Do you know what two people sitting on the bodywork would do, let alone fuckin'? :s

Armaetus

Nazis, Communists and Antifa don't belong on FA
Do you own a car? Do you know what two people sitting on the bodywork would do, let alone fuckin'? :s

The estimates are bullshit regardless and no, I don't. It makes me wonder if it was on the back or the front, and probably that cheap shitty plexiglass like they use now.

Aden

Play from your ****ing HEART
Can someone explain how the fuck a little bit of semen on a car equals to $55,000 in damages?

I believe the incident was purported to cost the department that was hosting this whole thing that much funding from the municipality/city/whatever. No word on whether or not that's true.

L

LizardKing

Given the most recent news, this is turning into a Scooby Doo episode or something. Or maybe CSI would be more appropriate.

Dokid

Given the most recent news, this is turning into a Scooby Doo episode or something. Or maybe CSI would be more appropriate.

Everyone more or less is just spouting random theories

SweetBear

Right now, I'm doubting that this entire alleged incident even took place. Until I see something official from the city or one of their newspapers to the contrary, my strong doubts will remain. On Thursday evening, I sent the West Windsor, NJ Chief of Police and the Mayor emails requesting comment and the procedure for getting a copy of any reports filed. So far, I haven't gotten any responses.

Midnight-Shadow

Shadow-warrior
Right now, I'm doubting that this entire alleged incident even took place. Until I see something official from the city or one of their newspapers to the contrary, my strong doubts will remain. On Thursday evening, I sent the West Windsor, NJ Chief of Police and the Mayor emails requesting comment and the procedure for getting a copy of any reports filed. So far, I haven't gotten any responses.

To be honest, it doesn't matter if it is real or not, just like it doesn't matter if the incident (if it did happen) was committed by trolls or true furries. The damage is done. Even if it is revealed that none of this happened, the reputation of the furry fandom will be thrown into the gutter. This is the way of the world these days. People judge others based on whatever the hell they want, regardless of whether it is true or not. That's how stereotypes are born.

That said, if it did happen, I agree with the people who want to have these idiots revealed so we can punish them ourselves for their stupidity. It is the responsibility of the fandom to make sure this sort of shit doesn't happen and if it does, we should be the ones to sort it out.

Last edited:

SweetBear

To be honest, it doesn't matter if it is real or not, just like it doesn't matter if the incident (if it did happen) was committed by trolls or true furries. The damage is done. Even if it is revealed that none of this happened, the reputation of the furry fandom will be thrown into the gutter. This is the way of the world these days. People judge others based on whatever the hell they want, regardless of whether it is true or not. That's how stereotypes are born.

That said, if it did happen, I agree with the people who want to have these idiots revealed so we can punish them ourselves for their stupidity. It is the responsibility of the fandom to make sure this sort of shit doesn't happen and if it does, we should be the ones to sort it out.

If the incident in question didn't actually happen - How is the damage done? What damage will have actually occurred?

Having said that, I agree with you that the fandom should take care of our own - Both our troublemakers and those in need.

Midnight-Shadow

Shadow-warrior
If the incident in question didn't actually happen - How is the damage done? What damage will have actually occurred?

Having said that, I agree with you that the fandom should take care of our own - Both our troublemakers and those in need.

I'm confused, now you are saying you do believe it? Regardless, even if the $55,000 fine and the job problems is a hoax, just the fact that they had to stop the BBQs just because of a couple of jackasses is such a shame. I really feel sorry for all those who took part in that particular event.

SweetBear

I'm confused, now you are saying you do believe it? Regardless, even if the $55,000 fine and the job problems is a hoax, just the fact that they had to stop the BBQs just because of a couple of jackasses is such a shame. I really feel sorry for all those who took part in that particular event.

You misunderstood, I'm not saying that I believe that the incident took place. I won't change that until I see some kind of official proof. I was saying *if* it did not occur - Then what damages have we suffered?

Again, until I see some kind of official proof, I don't even believe they had to stop the BBQ because of one or more mis-behaving attendees. They could have just as well stopped it because of no longer desiring to run it, and we wouldn't know the difference in the absence of proof.

Midnight-Shadow

Shadow-warrior
You misunderstood, I'm not saying that I believe that the incident took place. I won't change that until I see some kind of official proof. I was saying *if* it did not occur - Then what damages have we suffered?

Again, until I see some kind of official proof, I don't even believe they had to stop the BBQ because of one or more mis-behaving attendees. They could have just as well stopped it because of no longer desiring to run it, and we wouldn't know the difference in the absence of proof.

Ahh I see. Well, from what I've read, they stopped it because thanks to this, nobody in the local area will want to host the event now. It doesn't matter if it really happened or not, people will automatically think that all furries when they meet is hump each other (judging many on the actions of a few and all that). That's the main issue with this whole thing. Although, you are right that the BBQ organisers no longer want to run it, but that again is due to the incident, not because they are bored of running it or something.

The long and the short of it is that this sort of thing, real or not, puts us all in a bad light and could jeopardise future events.

SweetBear

Ahh I see. Well, from what I've read, they stopped it because thanks to this, nobody in the local area will want to host the event now. It doesn't matter if it really happened or not, people will automatically think that all furries when they meet is hump each other (judging many on the actions of a few and all that). That's the main issue with this whole thing. Although, you are right that the BBQ organisers no longer want to run it, but that again is due to the incident, not because they are bored of running it or something.

The long and the short of it is that this sort of thing, real or not, puts us all in a bad light and could jeopardise future events.

Here's my thing though. Let's assume for a moment that the incident in question did not occur, that no one exposed themselves in public, etc. You're saying that even given the mere accusation of it, whether or not it is true, is enough to get people to judge us unfairly as a group and to refuse to allow us host events? As true as that may be (I hope I misread you), that is complete BS.

Midnight-Shadow

Shadow-warrior
Here's my thing though. Let's assume for a moment that the incident in question did not occur, that no one exposed themselves in public, etc. You're saying that even given the mere accusation of it, whether or not it is true, is enough to get people to judge us unfairly as a group and to refuse to allow us host events? As true as that may be (I hope I misread you), that is complete BS.

Call it BS till the cows come home, but that is how the human mind works. It is unfortunate, but there you go. What is more unfortunate is the fact that people are much better at remembering bad occasions than they are at remembering good occasions. For example, in this scenario, I doubt many people will remember that for 8 years these BBQs have been held without incident. They will only remember the 1 bad incident. Of course, the press don't exactly help and they are largely responsible for this sort of thing.

There have been studies that have shown that if a person has a bad experience, they will tell as many as 50 other people about it. But, if they have a good experience, they will likely tell no more than 10 others about it. That is why whenever you do an event like this that a lot of people consider strange or just plain wrong, you make sure you are extra careful.

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
The response to essentially two people who have few inhibitions, is phobic. The threat posed is substaintially smaller than would merit costing people their jobs etcetera.

edit, I read some comments that say 'if this is true we want their identities,'. I'm very sure that an angry witch hunt would resolve the issue. If the fandom desires any reputation at all I would suspect an absense of rage to be one of the most honourable traits.

Last edited:

Commiecomrade

Maximum Awesome.
Something tells me that they didn't plan too far ahead... if they're fucking in public, in broad daylight, on top of a veritable platform...

SweetBear

So anyone ever figure out if/what happened?

To my knowledge, this "story" has not been confirmed yet. Emails that I sent to the town's mayor and chief of police 10 days ago have not been returned, nor has anyone posted any further evidence of the supposed event.

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
To my knowledge, this "story" has not been confirmed yet. Emails that I sent to the town's mayor and chief of police 10 days ago have not been returned, nor has anyone posted any further evidence of the supposed event.

As a city employee/official, they do reserve the right to not disclose of any information if they see fit...Privacy..blah...blah...blah...

Conker

Destroyer of Nazi Teddy Bears
It seems like if there were two people in fursuits having sex at some local con, there would be more pictures taken than just by one government official. Between the sex obsessed furries that would find that hawt and want to fap to it later to the people who would turn such an image into some kind of imagemacro, there should be pictures of this floating around.

The fact that there are no pictures that have been found leads me to think this didn't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.