• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Murrsuiters get event cancelled and possible full-life consequences

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
*shrugs* Well, as sweetbear said, he should have posted what did and did not happen at the damn furbq so this whole thing can be defused.

I have two words for this statement: Lynch mob.

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
Anybody with half a brain would not start/be a part of a lynch mob :p

Remember the Chewfox incident?
How about the CP ban...?

Or the Thanksgiving banner?

Dalshien

Well, first and foremost... the claim that this ever happened has been unsubstantiated. From what I have read, the person who made the claim said they had photographic evidence, but refuses to release it to the town, or even show it to anyone who could make a positive ID as to who was involved. Which I believe (based on what I have read) is one of many reasons why the original journals got pulled. Everyone up there discussed it, determined there was no evidence, and probably just wanted to let it go. Now it looks like someone "leaked" the story to the press, and then pointed them at FA where buzzfeed, nj.com, and others have used the COMMENTS regarding the rumors of what happened as "sources", even though the 200 people at the event never saw anything happen including the squad members, and the peoples that were volunteering to act as "security" for the event when it was supposedly right out in the open.

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
Well, first and foremost... the claim that this ever happened has been unsubstantiated. From what I have read, the person who made the claim said they had photographic evidence, but refuses to release it to the town, or even show it to anyone who could make a positive ID as to who was involved. Which I believe (based on what I have read) is one of many reasons why the original journals got pulled. Everyone up there discussed it, determined there was no evidence, and probably just wanted to let it go. Now it looks like someone "leaked" the story to the press, and then pointed them at FA where buzzfeed, nj.com, and others have used the COMMENTS regarding the rumors of what happened as "sources", even though the 200 people at the event never saw anything happen including the squad members, and the peoples that were volunteering to act as "security" for the event when it was supposedly right out in the open.

Remember when a rumour that measles mumps and rubella vaccinations caused autism was propogated? That was journalists using other journalists as sources in a way you described.

Butters Shikkon

Patron Saint of Queers
Thanks for the link, TreacleFox: http://api.viglink.com/api/click?format=go&key=65d956b58785ef9fd27b896d25c9e1ba&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fforums.furaffinity.net%2Fthreads%2F120945-Murrsuiters-get-event-cancelled-and-possible-full-life-consequences%2Fpage14&v=1&libid=1341531628784&out=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D955N2-9G8A8&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fforums.furaffinity.net%2Fsearch.php%3Fsearchid%3D2305980&title=Murrsuiters%20get%20event%20cancelled%20and%20possible%20full-life%20consequences%20-%20Page%2014&txt=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D955N2-9G8A8&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13415326875973

Prehaps this really shouldn't have been held at a station for rescue workers after all. I wonder how many members may be furries. (Cuz if the answer is none, that would be most fascinating. And oh, look at 1:41, it's that evil pikachu...o_O

I will say it is very presumptuous to ban future furry events there when it was clearly stated by the mayor that it was the drinking he considered the true culprit-Not the "disneyland ppl". Also, at the end, I think that archorman had himself an epiphany...

Fhuzky

You guys, are clingy. What's done is done and no matter what really happened, you know enough to make sure it doesn't happen again. And if it does, you can at least be prepared to take them down in your own special way. :]

d.batty does explain it all.

I mean, designated liquor stores, zero tolerance on fireworks, majority obsessed with appearance/tanning, bars/pubs on every block... you get the idea.

Dokid

Well we just want to know who did it.

So we can lynch them :V

SweetBear

You guys, are clingy. What's done is done and no matter what really happened, you know enough to make sure it doesn't happen again. And if it does, you can at least be prepared to take them down in your own special way. :]

The problem most have I think is that 1) We don't know if anything actually happened or not. From a recent journal entry, I'm leaning towards the view that nothing happened, and it was either an over-reaction from someone who mis-interpreted what he saw, or it was someone who intentionally stirred up untrue rumors to damage the community. 2) On the contrary, it does matter what really happened. 3) How can we protect ourselves against something like this? What do you propose? Furries who weren't even within 2,000 miles have had their reputations damaged. Hard to defend against that, I think.

Fhuzky

The problem most have I think is that 1) We don't know if anything actually happened or not. From a recent journal entry, I'm leaning towards the view that nothing happened, and it was either an over-reaction from someone who mis-interpreted what he saw, or it was someone who intentionally stirred up untrue rumors to damage the community. 2) On the contrary, it does matter what really happened. 3) How can we protect ourselves against something like this? What do you propose? Furries who weren't even within 2,000 miles have had their reputations damaged. Hard to defend against that, I think.

I didn't think I would need to, but I propose that everyone bring a camera to every outing they go to (It's usually attached to your cell phone). Not just for this, but for everything. Video capture and photography is a great way to shatter rumors, especially the ones that taint. But then again... Adobe had an idea... and others furthered that idea....

Anywho, just look at the common sterotypes/rumors for musicians, actors, athletes, the "famous" people. How many of what has been said to damage a name is actually true? The point is, rumors will always spread. It is up to you (if you care enough) and I to simply explain, they were obviously on drugs.

Osiris the jackal

Therian of New Jersey
I'm not at all shocked, dummkophs.

Lewi

However my thoughts on this thing: The people who did this in public are big idiots.

I'd get more into the issue but then again I was the guy who put room 366 on /b/ and I kind of developed hatred against furries after all the drama they caused

All I can say is...

>:C

Wait...Punish the people who did it, yeah. They clearly lack the self control to keep it in their trouse-...Hides? I dunno- but why punish everything else that was in the vicinity? It's not like they were encouraged to do that. It's the work of two obviously brain dead individuals, so why ruin the reputation of five people who were only guilty by association? And the two ambulances that could have helped people, but now aren't allowed.

That's what confuses me most of all.

CoolSilver

Silver/Grey Wolf
At this point it is probably better to let it fade away than to pressure any one for proof. If any pressure is to be made it would be the organizers in a legal battle against those who slander and caused this to be falsely reported. IF they show proof, drop the case. If they really have none great and we can all drop it because the media will never correct themselves or say sorry. They won't because to them the fursuits were enough to show on tv as a "See look at these sick crazy people" moments as the quote implies, "It was not only what they were doing, it was what they were wearing". Then they threw in the sex bit but then went on about the mayor and others crying about drinking and being uncomfortable.

As far as I know this event has been happening more than once without any issues. It's just a bunch of crap that was dreamed up until proven.

CannonFodder

Resistance is futile! If 0 ohm
At this point it is probably better to let it fade away than to pressure any one for proof. If any pressure is to be made it would be the organizers in a legal battle against those who slander and caused this to be falsely reported. IF they show proof, drop the case. If they really have none great and we can all drop it because the media will never correct themselves or say sorry. They won't because to them the fursuits were enough to show on tv as a "See look at these sick crazy people" moments as the quote implies, "It was not only what they were doing, it was what they were wearing". Then they threw in the sex bit but then went on about the mayor and others crying about drinking and being uncomfortable.

As far as I know this event has been happening more than once without any issues. It's just a bunch of crap that was dreamed up until proven.
I don't think you understand what slander is.

Status
Not open for further replies.