• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Music that breaks you.

Jackpot Raccuki

Forgot to pay the bills with his skills.
My grandad has dementia, he doesn't remember me or his actual son (my dad) and can only barely remember my mom.
He used to pick me up when I was a kid at school sometimes, he always knew how to make me laugh and smile, along with being a very friendly guy so it's saddening to hear that he won't remember me, the family or anything.
So really most of The Caretaker makes me feel awful considering how it's meant to be like a musical version of dementia, which is scary considering how it usually cuts out so suddenly between songs. It's just a burning memory sounds nice mostly in sense of I can at least bare it without going full depressed mode.

I'm more worried for when he does remember though, because I know that'll also be the last time he lives.

Kyrick

Last song I chose to listen to that made me sad was Cash's rendition of Hurt.

Sometimes if I'm driving around with someone else, a song comes up I recognize, one that held significance in a past relationship, and I have to ask to change it.
That happened recently but I forget what the song was.
Cash's Hurt really is a breaker. You can hear how broke the man is.

I work in a pub and when Linkin Park's Crawling comes up I go and change it straight away. My friend hung himself and was a big fan of them and took Chester's end very badly. The song describes my friend eerily well.

FoxWithAName

Cash's Hurt really is a breaker. You can hear how broke the man is.

I work in a pub and when Linkin Park's Crawling comes up I go and change it straight away. My friend hung himself and was a big fan of them and took Chester's end very badly. The song describes my friend eerily well.

Pretty hard bro, can understand that, this was messed up.

FoxWithAName

I can still listen to it if i'm like listening to the full album but wouldn't pick it out for a playlist. It's a good song
It definitely is a good song and Album, Hybrid Theorie and Meteora shaped a lot of my childhood and I still listen to these from time to time. But reflecting upon this the songs were pretty harsh.

Raever

Chaotic Neutral Wreckage
This song tends to make me cry, but I think it's because I associate it with personal stuff. You have to relate to it to feel it, but I'm sure anyone could appreciate the music in and of itself.

Kyrick

It definitely is a good song and Album, Hybrid Theorie and Meteora shaped a lot of my childhood and I still listen to these from time to time. But reflecting upon this the songs were pretty harsh.
I was only 9 when this was released and didn't properly understand it. But like you said, looking back at it you can see how bad Chester was from the beginning.
I forgot about Meteora, but I remember Breaking The Habit being on that album. I like that song.

Raever

Chaotic Neutral Wreckage
I was only 9 when this was released and didn't properly understand it. But like you said, looking back at it you can see how bad Chester was from the beginning.
I forgot about Meteora, but I remember Breaking The Habit being on that album. I like that song.

His death still hits me and it's been years. I think that, like a lot of people, growing up with his music and using it as a coping skill for years only to see the person who gave you said music finally tap out after what must've been years of near silent suffering...it's...I don't have the words to describe it...but looking back at that music now, with the perspective of his death along with having grown up and out of those situations I was using his songs to escape from. It's incredibly sad, but also surreal. You almost feel like a ghost in a way.

FoxWithAName

To be fair, I was *cough cough* 5, but when I got older 12-14 these were the only CDs I would regularly borrow from my mothers music collection, because I could feel it. If you understand...

Kyrick

To be fair, I was *cough cough* 5, but when I got older 12-14 these were the only CDs I would regularly borrow from my mothers music collection, because I could feel it. If you understand...
Well, your mum had a good taste in music. My mum's CD collection was Michael Jackson, Wet Wet Wet and best of the 70's and 80's compilations with some worship CDs too :(

Erix

>‿‿◕
This song tends to make me cry, but I think it's because I associate it with personal stuff. You have to relate to it to feel it, but I'm sure anyone could appreciate the music in and of itself.

I felt that. Music I vibe with is 10x more better when I can relate to what’s actually being said. I do like catchy songs and all, but if I can make that connection with the lyrics, that’s when the emotional side of me comes out and it gets all tongue tied.