• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Music you like but don't want to admit it

Status
Not open for further replies.

KaiFox

NHL 11...you don't understand.
They do the intro to Phinsean and Ferb IIRC. They are cool in my book.:cool:

I love their music. They're literally the only punk band that I deeply enjoy.

Also, I'm a bit embarassed to admit that I like Paramore. XD

chipuplover

Most people around where I live don't even know who he is... All they listen to is rap and hip hop. I'm a bit afraid of being jumped for liking "country" music. I'm really only afraid to admit IRL. Online I say it proudly.

CAThulu

In FAF CAThulu lies dreaming..
Christian Rock.

*wince* It's not Amy Grant, or Michael W. Smith, is it?

Please tell me you at least listen to the Newsboys :p

Most people around where I live don't even know who he is... All they listen to is rap and hip hop. I'm a bit afraid of being jumped for liking "country" music. I'm really only afraid to admit IRL. Online I say it proudly.

Play them this: Hurt

Last edited:

CAThulu

In FAF CAThulu lies dreaming..

Azure

100% organic vegan hubbas
Disturbia is Rhianna? I hate that song.

KaiFox

Slipknot.

Slipknot's not that bad, really. Idk why they get such a bad rep. It's good, simple metal, and I like it and don't mind admitting it.

'80s hip-hop, Madonna, Pantera, and "Thnks fr the Mmrs" by Fall Out Boy.

What the hell is wrong with you!?!? Pantera's amazing!!! RIP Dimebag. =(

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot how much you don't like metal. Well, Pantera's pretty metal. :p

Last edited:

8-bit

Lady GaGa, cascada, Hannah Montana, god I feel like a slave to the media >_<

The Matrix is telling you those are your favs.

Night on bald mountain, Battle on the ice, Duel of the fates, The end begins(to rock), Orochimaru's theme, House of the dead theme
... Sailor moon. >_<

Rigor Sardonicus

Banned
Banned
I should probably mention Soul Asylum, Better Than Ezra, and John Denver, too. At least one of those would fit.

Slipknot's not that bad, really. Idk why they get such a bad rep. It's good, simple metal, and I like it and don't mind admitting it.
So in other words you have no real standards whatsoever--as long as a band is loud and fast, they're good enough for you?

This sort of tastelessness is the number one reason why I hate metal, ladies and gentlemen, just barely edging out the rampant elitism commonly seen among those autistic wannabe-Scandinavians we call kvltfags.

What the hell is wrong with you!?!? Pantera's amazing!!! RIP Dimebag. =(

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot how much you don't like metal. Well, Pantera's pretty metal. :p
You also seem to have forgotten the title of this thread. Congratulations.

Takun

Wof Wof Wof Wof Wof
Slipknot is from Iowa. They are terrible, but the fans were way worse than Slipknot could ever hope to be. When you have guys quoting terrible Slipknot lyrics and being all like "man this is so deep" you grow to hate them.

Also the music is terrible.

KaiFox

I should probably mention Soul Asylum, Better Than Ezra, and John Denver, too. At least one of those would fit.

So in other words you have no real standards whatsoever--as long as a band is loud and fast, they're good enough for you?

This sort of tastelessness is the number one reason why I hate metal, ladies and gentlemen, just barely edging out the rampant elitism commonly seen among those autistic wannabe-Scandinavians we call kvltfags.

You also seem to have forgotten the title of this thread. Congratulations.

Tastelessness can apply to all musical genres, depending on who you ask. I have subtle reasons for liking certain bands, and I don't feel like explaining metal to you again. lol

We've talked about it before, and no progress will be made for either side. I love my metal. <3

I posted twice before in this thread stating bands I'm a bit embarassed to admit I like, so I already did my part. (Bowling for Soup and Paramore)

Slipknot is from Iowa. They are terrible, but the fans were way worse than Slipknot could ever hope to be. When you have guys quoting terrible Slipknot lyrics and being all like "man this is so deep" you grow to hate them.

Also the music is terrible.

People listen to them for their lyrics?!?! Wow, fail.

I only like them because they have some songs that are catchy and fun to listen to.

Takun

Wof Wof Wof Wof Wof
I love their music. They're literally the only punk band that I deeply enjoy.

Also, I'm a bit embarassed to admit that I like Paramore. XD

Husker Du man. Also Bowling for Soup is more Pop Punk... not really Punk at all. 8D

Takun

Wof Wof Wof Wof Wof
Not bad. Sounds like they're an older band, in terms of when this song was made.

I actually like the singer's voice o_O I usually hate punk rock vocals with a passion, but his were pretty good. ^^

Zen Arcade is a classic. Aim me and I'll give you a link.

Rigor Sardonicus

Banned
Banned
Does the Tetris song count as music?

Tastelessness can apply to all musical genres, depending on who you ask.
True! Ask a blues fan and he'll say everything came from the blues, and any genre that doesn't pay tribute is bad. Ask a psychedelia fan and he'll say nothing else is as deep as, say, Jimi Hendrix' solos. Ask a metal fan and he'll say he listens only to good music and everything else is shit--and when you point out that everything he listens to sounds exactly the same, he'll just kinda pound his chest and go "yeah--GOOD!"

I have subtle reasons for liking certain bands
YEAH JOHN PETRUCCI CAN PLAY 46 BILLION NOTES PER SECOND
THIS IS SO FUCKING AWESOME I JUST CAME IN MY PANTS
NOW MY HEAD IS GONNA EXPLODE
OHSHI-

I don't feel like explaining metal to you again. lol
There is nothing to explain. Metal is loud and fast. The emphasis is entirely on how loud and fast it can be made, with no regard for actually conveying meaning or emotion. It is entirely predicated upon technique, and that simply is not how to make any kind of art.

I maintain that the only difference between metal freaks and ravetrash is that metal bands at least use real instruments.

I love my metal. <3
"Admission is the first step toward recovery."

I posted twice before in this thread stating bands I'm a bit embarassed to admit I like, so I already did my part. (Bowling for Soup and Paramore).
You should be ashamed to like those. Being generic pop-rock groups, they don't shred at all :V

KaiFox

True! Ask a blues fan and he'll say everything came from the blues, and any genre that doesn't pay tribute is bad. Ask a psychedelia fan and he'll say nothing else is as deep as, say, Jimi Hendrix' solos. Ask a metal fan and he'll say he listens only to good music and everything else is shit--and when you point out that everything he listens to sounds exactly the same, he'll just kinda pound his chest and go "yeah--GOOD!"

OHSHI-

There is nothing to explain. Metal is loud and fast. The emphasis is entirely on how loud and fast it can be made, with no regard for actually conveying meaning or emotion. It is entirely predicated upon technique, and that simply is not how to make any kind of art.

I maintain that the only difference between metal freaks and ravetrash is that metal bands at least use real instruments.

You should be ashamed to like those. Being generic pop-rock groups, they don't shred at all :V

*facepaw* you're wasting your time, you know.

And the highlighted portion is just ignorance on your part.

Takun

Wof Wof Wof Wof Wof

OHSHI-

You, sir, are and idiot. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.