• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Musicians: Plug here! (Take 2)

Kattywampus

Miss Wampus, if you're nasty
Hey, thanks Kiffa! *hugs*

Also, Zimskunk, Dragonboy, and Lord Infamous Yattaro are on FA.. I'll get their exact addresses when the site's back up.

Kattywampus

Miss Wampus, if you're nasty
The tricky question when it comes to remixing is, where do you draw the line? If you say 'Yes, we'll allow remixers on the list', do you then have to determine which remixers sufficiently alter the song from their original versions and which ones don't? That's impossible to do... and even if it was something that could be quantified... who has the time to sit around comparing remixes to the original versions of the songs to see whether they're altered 'enough'? I sure don't. So, it sort of seems to me like it has to be an 'all or nothing' kind of thing... and it can't be 'all'.

So... I think that's gonna be the decision, unless someone can provide an equally or more compelling argument for the opposite viewpoint.

Don't forget..there's a huge difference between a 'remix' and a 'rearrangement'. I do a crap ton of both. The amount of stuff I compose for both, though could actually stand alone on its own. I think that anyone that does a good remix should be credited, though. Look at OCRemix's (ocremix.org) submissions guidelines for an idea of how they judge theirs. (i.e., is it remixed enough?)

rocrocroc

Hi!

It's a bummer to see FA down but when it comes back up, feel free to check out my gallery full of original music at http://www.furaffinity.net/user/rocrocroc

Color Sounds is my musical alias and I have most of my work up at http://www.reverbnation.com/colorsounds

I'm a huge fan of FA's diverse musical catalog and I hope to post more work in the future.

Some of my favorite musicians on FA right now are BaddWill, Sage, Canard, EarsBurnout and Indy Go Jones. If you like my jams, send me a note or whatever... you may even link me to your own stuff which would be cool.

Kiffa, if you would like to add my info to your list I would really appreciate it!

Kiffa_kitmouse

The Seventh Stranger
Don't forget..there's a huge difference between a 'remix' and a 'rearrangement'. I do a crap ton of both. The amount of stuff I compose for both, though could actually stand alone on its own. I think that anyone that does a good remix should be credited, though. Look at OCRemix's (ocremix.org) submissions guidelines for an idea of how they judge theirs. (i.e., is it remixed enough?)

I know there's a difference... and I acknowledge that there are some people who absolutely raise remixing to an art form, and I have all respect for that.

The thing is this: When I add a musician to the list, I go to their page to check to see that yes, there's music there. I'll give a listen to some of it if I have time. More often than not, though, I don't have time to, and that's OK, because the act of just going there and checking that they're legit doesn't take much time. With remixers, though, I just flat out can't be checking submissions to see that they're remixed 'enough'. I just don't have the time to listen to the submissions... and not just listen to the mixes, but listen to the original versions of the song too, in order to compare them. And I'm just going to invariably end up offending the people whose material I deem not remixed 'enough' (which I don't feel qualified to judge anyway).

I never wanted this to be a situation where I decided who got on the list and who didn't. As far as I was concerned, if you're on FA, and you create music from out of thin air, you're eligible. All I'm asking is for one measly track that was recorded without using someone else's recording as a foundation. Honestly, I don't think that's too much to ask.

I still believe very strongly, as I previously stated, that there should be a thread like this one for FA remixers. I'm just leaving it up to someone else to create and maintain it. Someone with more of an interest in the subject than myself will do a much better job of it than I would.

Kiffa_kitmouse

The Seventh Stranger
Well, the site's down and all, but I may as well stick my neck out. The worst that can be said is "LOL NO" :p

Looking forward to saying "LOL YES" when FA's back. :D

Hey, thanks Kiffa! *hugs*

You're quite welcome. ^_^

Kiffa, if you would like to add my info to your list I would really appreciate it!

I'll get you on there as soon as FA's back up and running. :)

Good lookin' man :), thanks for having me on there

My pleasure. :)

Yay! My bear's on the list! I showed it to him and he was really excited. He didn't think anyone really knew about him. (By the way, I'm talking about Malcolm the bear.)

Bryantacious

Bryantacious ^^
guitarist here :3

im new and not quite sure how to upload music to FA yet, specially since its down lol

but you can verify me by going to my bands myspace

Shadowwolfen

Gentle Giant Shadowwolfen
heh ^^
musician here too ^^
Well i hope that FA will work again soon ^^
Iam a singer and i play a few instruments :)

and i want to give a compliment to every musician here.

Yours
Shadowwolf

nobuyuki

hi

mammagamma

WOBBLEWOBBLEWOBBLE
I have a track on FA. Not so much a 'song' as a 'fooling around on the guitar'

I play Metal.

I also have a soundclick.

(the one I have on FA is BullshXt)

I'll be uploading 'Bunch of BullshXt' when FA comes back on. It's my most complete song to date.

METALLLLLL!!!!!1

Last edited:

Kiffa_kitmouse

The Seventh Stranger
Now that FA's back up (yay!!!), I'll be updating the list in the near future. Just give me some time to catch up with things on the main site first.

Kiffa_kitmouse

The Seventh Stranger
OK, the list has been updated to include (hopefully) everyone who's asked to be added since FA went down (except Bryantacious, whose FA page I couldn't track down).

Also, I reconsidered my stance on remixers, and will include them on the list after all. There are enough people who consider it to be legitimate music-making... and in the end, FA are the ones who are supposed to be making sure that music uploads are kosher, not me. I'd like to thank everyone who took part in the discussion on the subject for keeping it polite and civil. It could have very easily erupted into a flame war, and I'm very appreciative that it didn't.

Hyashi

I play music, but I don't have any recording equipment....

Mostly, I play drums, and Classic rock seems to be where my experience lies.