• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Musicians?

I've been playing guitar since late 2005, not very long. My main influences are all metal-related. Death/black/thrash/doom, etc. I also have a lot of punk and grind influence but you probably won't tell through my music. I'd say my skills are still basically in their infancy, but you can check out stuff I've made here (user Slidebite), or at minorcrisis.net/users/Slidebite

I'd also like to hear from any musician here, whether it be metal, rock, blues, country... hell, even electronica or experimental stuff. Just no rap plz.

Aden

Play from your ****ing HEART
Metal-influenced guitarist here, been playing since Xmas '05. I have a black Schecter C-1 Elite and some old amps that were given to me by relatives. As for skills...meh. I'm definitely not where I want to be. I'm at about the level of trying to get my sweeping faster and faster.

/Reminds me I need to make some recordings for FA.

Aden said:
Metal-influenced guitarist here, been playing since Xmas '05. I have a black Schecter C-1 Elite and some old amps that were given to me by relatives. As for skills...meh. I'm definitely not where I want to be. I'm at about the level of trying to get my sweeping faster and faster.

/Reminds me I need to make some recordings for FA.

Schecter makes good gear from what i've seen, right now I'm using a beat up set neck warlock from BC Rich and a Peavey Bandit 112 combo amp (also beat up).

As for sweeps, I just fumble around and kinda fail most of the time. I'd say right now my level is all about fast picking and trying to get more precise with my technique.

Fox Amoore

2 inch micro Pianist
Slideboner said:
I've been playing guitar since late 2005, not very long. My main influences are all metal-related. Death/black/thrash/doom, etc. I also have a lot of punk and grind influence but you probably won't tell through my music. I'd say my skills are still basically in their infancy, but you can check out stuff I've made here (user Slidebite), or at minorcrisis.net/users/Slidebite

I'd also like to hear from any musician here, whether it be metal, rock, blues, country... hell, even electronica or experimental stuff. Just no rap plz.

Ever listened to the likes of Dream Theater and John Petrucci? I've been playing keys/piano for a good while, but when I saw them, it encouraged me to take my playing to new levels. I know Rudess has videos/dvds out of playing techniques, Petrucci might have as well, when it comes to playing their instruments, few can match them. Great learning curve for any musician.

Esplender

Been drumming for four years, but I'm mostly messing about in my songs.
Though, I've been contemplating on making serious music some time soon. I love playing fast, and I enjoy pushing my playing abilities further. (But my neighbours don't seem to want that happening. :()
The drummers I look up to are Hellhammer (Mayhem), Proscriptor McGovern (Absu) and Max Kolsene (Krisiun)

I've been playing the guitar for two months, but I'm thinking of selling it along with a few other shit so I can get the materials to build a more improved and personal one.

TacoTai

I've been playing the Tenor Sax for 6 years, I can play all of the saxophones, but the tenor is my favorite.

I also play piano and write some music for it.

reddeath909

The Gangrenous Punk
I am a jazz guitarist by trade, but i play in a punk band. i also am in an experimental band, i control all the electronics while my friend plays percussion and my other friend plays the didgeridoo. for solo work i mostly make techno, and im currently working on my first solo CD. ive got some sound clips from past work on my furaffinity page

Aden

Play from your ****ing HEART
Fox Amoore said:
Slideboner said:
I've been playing guitar since late 2005, not very long. My main influences are  all metal-related. Death/black/thrash/doom, etc. I also have a lot of punk and grind influence but you probably won't tell through my music. I'd say my skills are still basically in their infancy, but you can check out stuff I've made here (user Slidebite), or at minorcrisis.net/users/Slidebite

Ever listened to the likes of Dream Theater and John Petrucci? I've been playing keys/piano for a good while, but when I saw them, it encouraged me to take my playing to new levels. I know Rudess has videos/dvds out of playing techniques, Petrucci might have as well, when it comes to playing their instruments, few can match them. Great learning curve for any musician.

Yeah, Petrucci and Rudess have been my heroes for a few years now. Great source of inspiration, and great goal for a while down the line.

They're one of the reasons I never think I'm good enough, ever. ^..^

/Practicepracticepracticepractice
//Practice does not make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect.

O

Option7

I'm a guitarist. I've been playing for about 6 years. I mostly play metal, but I also play punk, blues and a bit of reggae.
I have a Crafter electro-acoustic, an Ibanez RG1570 and my pride and joy - an Ibanez Iceman (HR Giger edition :D). It's bitchin'.
My dad also has an Ovation Viper, which was one of their only electrics. It was discontinued to bad sales, but it's a pretty good guitar IMO. It's currently out of action though, 'cause the input jack got torn out of the scratchplate.

My personal icons are Kirk Hammett, Tom Morello, Carlos Santana and of course, Hendrix.
John Petrucci is also pretty badass, but I wouldn't class him as a hero.

edit: I forgot to mention I'm in a super-badass band called ElseWhere. We have a myspace with recordings, but the quality is poor (and makes us sound appauling. Our drummer insisted on doing the mixing and he sucks ass at it) so I'm not linking ^_^

blueroo

I have played at various times the Guitar, Bass (electric and standup), Piano, Clarinet, Baritone Sax, Bass Clarinet, and Drums. I'm also a Tenor Vocalist. I'd like to pick up a Banjo and a Cello one of these days.

blueroo

Go Blueroo from 7 years ago, go!

blueroo.jpg

reddeath909

The Gangrenous Punk
blueroo said:
I have played at various times the Guitar, Bass (electric and standup), Piano, Clarinet, Baritone Sax, Bass Clarinet, and Drums. I'm also a Tenor Vocalist. I'd like to pick up a Banjo and a Cello one of these days.

i play the stand-up bass!!! i love it so much =3. i have not met many tenor vocalists, and personally i am a bass (very inconvenient when you're trying to get into school musicals DX)

S

Starburst

Punk vocalist, at your service!

I also know three chords, that makes me cool right 8)

Either way, I've been playing flute for 7 years, and I was considering learning Sax.

I'm primary songwriter for my band, btw, which makes me extra-spesha

Fox Amoore said:
Slideboner said:

I used to be able to play piano until i just up and gave up one day. Probably due to my parents pushing me into it, I guess i just lost interest. I might go back to it cause I actually had a *little* bit of fun doing it.

Petrucci's stuff is pretty cool, but I haven't really heard an entire album all the way through.
I just keep thinking of the funny videos they make about the guy on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uea8k5sJ5qg

hopefully that's the right link.

Esplender said:
Been drumming for four years, but I'm mostly messing about in my songs.
Though, I've been contemplating on making serious music some time soon. I love playing fast, and I enjoy pushing my playing abilities further. (But my neighbours don't seem to want that happening. :()
The drummers I look up to are Hellhammer (Mayhem), Proscriptor McGovern (Absu) and Max Kolsene (Krisiun)

I've been playing the guitar for two months, but I'm thinking of selling it along with a few other shit so I can get the materials to build a more improved and personal one.

I've been wanting to formally learn how to drum, but the main thing holding me back was the amount of money you have to pour into a kit these days. But I was lucky with the neighbor issue, the house next to me is completely vacant. One thing I'd suggest is learning one instrument at a time, if you love your drums more than guitar, maybe sell the guitar and get some new cymbals or something.

also, I forget, was hellhammer on the wolf's lair abyss EP? I really enjoyed that one, drumming is superb.

TacoTai said:
I've been playing the Tenor Sax for 6 years, I can play all of the saxophones, but the tenor is my favorite.

I also play piano and write some music for it.

you got any stuff on this site? I'd like to hear some.

Option7 said:
I'm a guitarist. I've been playing for about 6 years. I mostly play metal, but I also play punk, blues and a bit of reggae.
I have a Crafter electro-acoustic, an Ibanez RG1570 and my pride and joy - an Ibanez Iceman (HR Giger edition :D). It's bitchin'.
My dad also has an Ovation Viper, which was one of their only electrics. It was discontinued to bad sales, but it's a pretty good guitar IMO. It's currently out of action though, 'cause the input jack got torn out of the scratchplate.

My personal icons are Kirk Hammett, Tom Morello, Carlos Santana and of course, Hendrix.
John Petrucci is also pretty badass, but I wouldn't class him as a hero.

edit: I forgot to mention I'm in a super-badass band called ElseWhere. We have a myspace with recordings, but the quality is poor (and makes us sound appauling. Our drummer insisted on doing the mixing and he sucks ass at it) so I'm not linking ^_^

aww, I'm sure I've heard much, much worse. post some stuff, pretty please?
or do you have any on the site?

anyways yeah, ibanez makes good stuff. I just can't stand the floating bridges on the RG models since they're difficult to downtune when you have no skill. I finally figured it out though. apparently the lowest you can go is C standard on an Edge pro. I'm pretty sure the Iceman is fixed bridge, right?

blueroo said:
Go Blueroo from 7 years ago, go!

blueroo.jpg

Rock out with your cock out

nice peavey, but you've probably gotten much better gear by now, right?

Starburst said:

Either way, I've been playing flute for 7 years, and I was considering learning Sax.

ever make any punk-flute songs?

Esplender

Slideboner said:
One thing I'd suggest is learning one instrument at a time, if you love your drums more than guitar, maybe sell the guitar and get some new cymbals or something.

also, I forget, was hellhammer on the wolf's lair abyss EP? I really enjoyed that one, drumming is superb.

Yep, he definitely was, though I have only listened to 'I Am Thy Labyrinth' on their 'Live In Marseilles' DVD. And I have to say that I prefer De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas over any other Mayhem album I've heard so far.

On the other hand, I've pretty much got what I need at the moment for my drums for now. And I'm sure that I'll find time to focus on both instruments without losing interest in either one. It's pretty much drums whilst the neighbours are out and the guitar whilst they sleep.
biggrinrn6.gif

S

Starburst

Slideboner said:
Starburst said:

ever make any punk-flute songs?

I've been considering it. I was actually thinking maybe use a lot of staccato and high notes, followed by some melodic choral-sounding stuff to mimic the vocals.

blueroo

Slideboner said:
Rock out with your cock out

nice peavey, but you've probably gotten much better gear by now, right?

Fender Hot Rod DeVille. I still have the same G&L ASAT. It's a great guitar.

O

Option7

Slideboner said:
Option7 said:
some crap

anyways yeah, ibanez makes good stuff. I just can't stand the floating bridges on the RG models since they're difficult to downtune when you have no skill. I finally figured it out though. apparently the lowest you can go is C standard on an Edge pro. I'm pretty sure the Iceman is fixed bridge, right?

It's easier if you take the locks of at the nut. If you're gonna gig with it though, they're a necessity. And yeah the Iceman is a fixed bridge.

It's not that the musics bad, its that the mixing is horrible. Tell you what, since you asked nicely I'll give you our myspace. Our best stuff (IMO) isn't on there, but everyone else who's listened says Discovery is our best song. (Probably because of the poor quality of the other tracks...)

http://www.myspace.com/theelsewhere

Option7 said:
Slideboner said:
Option7 said:
some crap

It's easier if you take the locks of at the nut. If you're gonna gig with it though, they're a necessity. And yeah the Iceman is a fixed bridge.

It's not that the musics bad, its that the mixing is horrible. Tell you what, since you asked nicely I'll give you our myspace. Our best stuff (IMO) isn't on there, but everyone else who's listened says Discovery is our best song. (Probably because of the poor quality of the other tracks...)

http://www.myspace.com/theelsewhere

Lol, I'm totally digging the vocalist's accent. You guys are nuts, but yeah, the mixing is awful. For starters I'd suggest getting a pop filter for the vocal mic and maybe see how that goes. Also if you haven't done this already try lowering the treble on your guitar and add some more mids, might help a bit. Keep it up.