• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Mustache muzzles make you look old?

Muz-staches are mature adults only?

• Yes

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

Dakinu

Survive, thrive, and do what makes you feel alive!
So I'm thinking about getting some art done of a new character, and I like the look that muzzle-fur gives some characters. But does that make them 'Dad-like' or mature looking automatically or what?
Something kinda like this: www.furaffinity.net: Comfortable Silence by AureliansWalls

I like the idea of a mustache since I have one in real life, but I'm not 40 just yet so...

Saokymo

Art Cookie
In general, facial hair tends to make people look older cos it alters the perception of facial contours. William Riker is a good example of this - without the beard he has a classic “baby face,” and with the beard he looks much more mature even though nothing else in his character or costume changed.

In terms of artwork, a lot of it will come down to the artist’s personal style. Adding extra fur to the muzzle and jaw line tends to make characters look “scruffy,” but not necessarily old.