• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

My cat is Buddha.

The Color 12

The meaning of life
My stepsister and I were having a relatively aimless conversation this morning, and somehow the topic strayed to our cat, who was sitting on the cat tree right next to me. I looked at the cat, and she immediately started purring. I asked her why she was purring, telling her that there was no real reason to do so. To this, my stepsister claimed that the cat was just happy, because she was the perfect soul in cat form.

I answered her with a question: "So, our cat is Buddha?"

It almost makes sense - our cat is always purring, and would probably be smiling if she could; and Buddha is always smiling in his statues. The cat will just sit down and look like a statue for hours on end, I don't remember ever seeing her eat in the year and a half I've known her, and all in all she acts peacefully enough that she really could be a Buddha.

This was all a joke, mind you, but it's funny to think it through and try to see how her behavior really reflects that of Buddha or of his teachings. I'm probably just of this kind of mentality because of my history class at school, but it is funny to think about.

Oh, and my stepsister decided that another one of our cats is Dante Alighieri, the one who wrote the Divine Comedy.

Rakuen Growlithe

Banned
Banned
Except your cat is smiling and purring because she is silently plotting your demise. All cats are evil and want to enslave the human race. True story.

Asswings

Banned
Banned
Except your cat is smiling and purring because she is silently plotting your demise. All cats are evil and want to enslave the human race. True story.
I wish you could be banned from talking in threads about people's pets.

even though this isn't a particularly good one. "Cool story bro."

ToeClaws

PEBKAC exterminator

Yes... never trust a cat; there's always something more sinister going on in their little minds. Plotting... always plotting.

CAThulu

In FAF CAThulu lies dreaming..

Yes... never trust a cat; there's always something more sinister going on in their little minds. Plotting... always plotting.

Yup...if it wasn't for the fact that mine doesn't know how to pop the lid off the tupperware holding his food, he would have sat on my face and suffocated me with his fat a long, long time ago ^^;

Browder

Wishes He could Fly
Cats can't be Buddha what with his whole crusade against 'Earthly Desires' and them being little hedonists. If anything they make the best case against Buddhism EVER.

Trpdwarf

Lurking in Castle Moats
I thought this was going to be about sitting cats. You know the ones that sit like a human and resemble a Happy Buddha Statue.

That says cats tend to purr when they are content. So looks like have one very happy well looked after cat.