• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

My characters are the only reason im alive today.

sharprealmcomics

https://www.furaffinity.net/user/sharprealmcomics/
md.jpg This Gothic witch necromancer vampire warlock squirrel may seem like just seem like random art on FA but to me i owe my entire life to him and to me hes a god.

In high school i was a very different and very ill person i had just moved to a new city and school and left behind me only friends to a bad school and i was painfully shy and never really came out of it. So for the 2 years that i was at this school i mist have only said about 100 sentences and had about 4 friends the entire time i was their.

I stared to obsess over Happy tree friends at the time ( Was on Tv on G4 tv at the time) and grew to love the show more than life and so i stared to draw the characters/ my own characters during class. i had a bunch of flash cards that i drew on and created a bunch of character cards. Some from the show but mostly my own characters my class mates made fun of me all the time and i was known threw out the school as squirrel boy - kinda well known actually lol( funny ,at the time i didn't have to many squirrel characters i wish i did )"lol" but as time went on i got made fun of more and more and at one point i was Very mentally ill and was very suicidal and being in special ed i always kinda knew my life would be stuck in retail.

(which did turn out to be true but death wasn't the answer) I Though of killing my self everyday. i was so depressed i wasn't sure if i was going to make it out of high school. In fact my chronic depression may be the reason why i have chronic eye flouters today witch makes me visually impaired one day my counsel showed him my art and told me "wow i have to see these characters interacting with each other" I showed him a pick of Home squirrel, CooCoo, and Moody, after that i chose 12 or so characters from my flash cards and created a weekly comic id show him and some others in my class every week it was like having my comic in a news paper or something.

after a wile i left the to a new and better school in a better area and made freinds and slowly my depression went away after HS i tried to upload them online but it took YEARS to finnly get a scanner that was right for me and a computer that was good enough i still have around this point.- around 80 bits or art work to upload - 50 of them are comics. got a long way to go...with out moody i know id be dead today im so grateful for him and grateful for FA that focuses on anthro characters its right up my ally ^^
Userpage of SharpRealmcomics -- Fur Affinity [dot] net This is my FA is you guys wanna watch me ^^

Last edited:

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
That's a curious story; in many ways, I can also thank my discovering this fandom for me still being here; broke, depressed and at a dead end job, it's given me something, a place to go, an interior castle, a world into which I retreat, and recreate myself. And one in which I've made some good friends, however scattered about the globe they may be, and some, who've paid a visit or two, even.

It's odd how this might happen at different ages, for different reasons.

I'm not sure its the only reason I'm still here, but it's an important one.

sharprealmcomics

That's a curious story; in many ways, I can also thank my discovering this fandom for me still being here; broke, depressed and at a dead end job, it's given me something, a place to go, an interior castle, a world into which I retreat, and recreate myself. And one in which I've made some good friends, however scattered about the globe they may be, and some, who've paid a visit or two, even.

It's odd how this might happen at different ages, for different reasons.
Thats very true im very happy for you that you are able to acouly see your fans/friends lol its neat to see how simmelr reasons why peaple have come to the furry fandom. i guess thats why im so very loving to my watches/anybody that sees my art and comments..witch sadly is rare.

Okamio

I'm a gentle beast. Do not fear.
Depression sucks, period.
But you don't have to deal with it alone.
I too am fighting this "illness", with my counselor and medication, so if anything if you need someone to talk to who may understand, I may be that woofer.
Growing up younger, around 9-14, I too had very slim friends, but was also bullied by an entire school, which ended up giving me anxiety and depression. I used to be shy, but as you can gather, that part of me has died quick.
It's good to reach out, and it's also good to have some expression of your emotion to your art. Just remember man, no one's alone in this world.

sharprealmcomics

Depression sucks, period.
But you don't have to deal with it alone.
I too am fighting this "illness", with my counselor and medication, so if anything if you need someone to talk to who may understand, I may be that woofer.
Growing up younger, around 9-14, I too had very slim friends, but was also bullied by an entire school, which ended up giving me anxiety and depression. I used to be shy, but as you can gather, that part of me has died quick.
It's good to reach out, and it's also good to have some expression of your emotion to your art. Just remember man, no one's alone in this world.
Your words me so mutch to me ^^ you and me have been threw quite a bit and im glade wher both alive to tell peaple how get overcome it like i did or at least help them be their for them ^^ like you

Baalf

Will accept free hugs and tummy rubs.
I feel the same way sometimes. Life has been very depressing for me. Sometimes the only joy I get is when I think about my OCs. Little else helps me most of the time.

sharprealmcomics

I feel the same way sometimes. Life has been very depressing for me. Sometimes the only joy I get is when I think about my OCs. Little else helps me most of the time.
I can relate as my characters are like gods to me. People have no idea how mutch these fursonas mean to some like me and you. Some are like mascots for our very existence.