• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

My firt Fur con experience (Furlandia 2016)

Did you attend this con?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Didn't know it existed.

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • No, but i want to go!!

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dearg

The often grumpy but friendly fox
I just recently attended my first furry convention this year, in the land of Portland. I have so say, it was one of the greatest experiences of my life. This was the first con that made me feel generally welcome. Everyone was so nice, and there were so many fun things to do. It changed my perspective on things. It also made we want to make my own costume for next year.

Here is a link to a small video I made, just some photos and a couple iphone videos mashed together.

Last edited:

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
Didn't go---I'm on the other coast, here in Maryland, but I had a very similar experience when I went to my first con, two years back. Left me all optimistic, and also, wanting to make a fur-suit as well. That's been on the back burner, but hopefully soon.

Glad you had a good time, and found it vivifying.

Zenoth

[redacted by staff]
I assume you are a local. As someone who has been to Furlandia once already, would you recommend getting a hotel room there, or to just bring a designated driver ? The Con center is literally 20 min give or take with traffic commute for me so I'm up in the air on getting a room and finding a dog sitter for the weekend (for my actual dog not me lol)

Dearg

The often grumpy but friendly fox
yeah I'm local somewhat, and if its 20 min away, i wouldn't book a room. Besides we are expecting almost twice the attendance of this year for next year