• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

My Fursona: Simplified

Shaloxeroligon

Sound Sculptor
I'm putting it here in a more digestible form than it is on my FA page. That one is markedly more detailed, and is probably too dense for what we're going for here. So yeah.

Name: Shaloxeroligon (AKA Shal, Shally, or Shallie)
Sex: Herm
Species: Dragon (anthro)
Height: 5' 4" or so
Weight: 130 or so

Appearance:
- Hair and fur: Long, wavy, brown hair. Scales: copper-colored, but very supple and soft
- Markings: No noticeable markings
- Eye color: Turquoise
- Other features: Backward sweeping, segmented horns coming back from above the brow. Middle-length tail, no wings or spines.
Behavior and Personality: Cheerful, perky. Eccentric. A tad bashful and non-confrontational.

Skills: Powerful magic. Intelligent.
Weaknesses: Physically not very strong. Not known for hir speed.

Likes: A connoisseur of foods. Very curious, enjoys learning. Like most movies and TV shows (the former more than the latter).
Dislikes: One of hir mottoes is "If it hurts, you're doing it wrong." Is not a fan of spiders and insects. Is easily startled.

History: There is a lot to cover, so I'll save that for another time.

Clothing/Personal Style: Feminine, but professional. Occasionally wears wizard's robes when feeling more arcane.
Picture: When I get a reference sheet, it will go right here.

Goal: Achieve great power, discover the secret to immortality.
Profession: IT-design and development, part-time sorcerer, armchair philosopher.
Personal quote: "The ultimate question in the universe is: where do you draw the line?"
Theme song: I'll get back to this one...
Birthday: Shi doesn't talk about it so that no one can guess hir age.
Star sign: Also a secret.

Favorite food: Mexican rice.
Favorite drink: Root beer
Favorite location: The north coast of ireland
Favorite weather: Overcast
Favorite color: Orange

Least liked food: LENTILS! EWWWWWWW!
Least liked drink: Beer of all kinds
Least liked location: The morgue
Least liked weather: Thunderstorms

Favorite person: Hir best friend
Least liked person: Hir sworn enemy of the week
Friends: There are too many to count
Relations: Massive family
Enemies: None currently, because most are dead or gone
Significant other: Currently single, but that doesn't stop hir from wanting
Orientation: Gay, if that makes sense. Prefers other herms over most others, but is willing to consider males. As shi puts it: "must have the man-bits".

KigRatel

Colaholic
A magic fursona, eh? Don't see too many of those around here. Say, can she shapeshift?

Shaloxeroligon

Sound Sculptor
I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic. I was under the impression that everyone and their mother had a magic fursona. Guess I'm crazy.

But yes, shi can shapeshift. Transmutation is actually hir preferred school of magic. This is actually a residual from my earlier D&D days. I always liked the transmutation school the best (especially spells like polymorph and shapeshift), because I was fascinated with the idea of being able to turn into whatever you want. It would be a very enlightening experience. I have some more information regarding that on my furaffinity page if you're curious.

KigRatel

Colaholic
I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic. I was under the impression that everyone and their mother had a magic fursona. Guess I'm crazy.

Not around here, they don't.

But yes, shi can shapeshift. Transmutation is actually hir preferred school of magic. This is actually a residual from my earlier D&D days. I always liked the transmutation school the best (especially spells like polymorph and shapeshift), because I was fascinated with the idea of being able to turn into whatever you want. It would be a very enlightening experience. I have some more information regarding that on my furaffinity page if you're curious.

Looks like we share a common fascination.

Shaloxeroligon

Sound Sculptor
That's good to hear. The problem is that, as of right now, my fursona only exists in written form. I would be tickled pink if I could get a reference sheet. I've been scouring FA for open commission slots that are reasonably priced.

KigRatel

Colaholic
That's good to hear. The problem is that, as of right now, my fursona only exists in written form. I would be tickled pink if I could get a reference sheet. I've been scouring FA for open commission slots that are reasonably priced.

Have you checked the Art Exchange for people offering Free Art?

KigRatel

Colaholic
Doesn't that require you to have art to exchange? I can't draw at all. I only make music.

You're thinking of Art Trades. Sometimes artists will offer "freebies", which basically means that, if you request, they'll make something for you for free. Obviously there's rules surrounding the process; you gotta be polite, for one.

See my avatar? That was a freebie. Marlanox did a bunch of freebies for 16 people, including myself, not so long ago. Of course, they'll generally only take requests for a limited time only or they'll implement a first-come-first-serve system with "slots" that you have to "book", I suppose.

Last edited:

KigRatel

Colaholic
Okay. Well I created a request thread. Do you think I need to "book" a slot for an artist, or should I just hope for the best?

When I said "booking slots", what I meant was, if they offer first (as in, they make the thread) and list a bunch of slots, and you come in, request, and fill up one of the slots.

Shaloxeroligon

Sound Sculptor
All right, that is helpful. I'm hoping that my luck is good, because I really would like to at least get a basic image for my character, so that I'm not some random ghost who uses other people's work to represent themselves. Plus, that way, I can take the first steps toward getting a fursuit.

Shaloxeroligon

Sound Sculptor
An Ulster dragon, ey? The colors mix well, not too flashy and not too bland. Though, what's goin' on with that age, is it explained in the history later on?

Hehehe, no, my fursona isn't from Ulster. Though that might be a cool idea. I have been to England, and I think it'd be neat to incorporate some stuff from there.

The colors were based on a D&D copper dragon. I took the basics and ran with it. Besides, I'd rather be an anthro dragon anyway.

As for the age, the reason why it's a secret is because Shal doesn't like sharing hir age. It's a secret. More to the point, most people would probably be put out by such a large number associated with such a "youthful" appearance. Simply put, dragons, as I've defined them, age different from humans, so shi is... much older than shi looks.

Neuron

I quite like hir, and I would like to see hir drawn, although my own que for requests is full at the moment and I really prefer a reference sheet to work off of.

If you would not mind a clean reference sheet, I would highly recommend Ley as she is young but highly professional in her work, in my experiences, and she generally has some pretty good prices. An example of her ref sheets. Be sure not to communicate with her via note should you pick her.

Shaloxeroligon

Sound Sculptor
If you would not mind a clean reference sheet, I would highly recommend Ley as she is young but highly professional in her work, in my experiences, and she generally has some pretty good prices. An example of her ref sheets. Be sure not to communicate with her via note should you pick her.

That sounds like a good idea. The problem is that I'm poor and cannot currently afford a ref sheet, clean or otherwise. I'm hoping I get some luck on the Art Exchange, but until I get a paying job, I'm gonna be SOL in that regard.