• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

My kitty has worms.....

Monak

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES
I was wondering if anyone knew the name of a relatively cheap but effective dewormer for felines? I have five cats , but have only noticed the worms in one , though I want to give it to all of them just to be on the safe side.

Takun

Wof Wof Wof Wof Wof
Look, I know you want to save money but take it to the vet and get what he recommends. You are better off paying a little more and getting them all in one trip then saving money and getting some that don't work completely the first time.

Monak

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES
Look, I know you want to save money but take it to the vet and get what he recommends. You are better off paying a little more and getting them all in one trip then saving money and getting some that don't work completely the first time.

Its not that I want to save money , I am not that cheap. I am flat broke at the moment , and can't afford the top shelf deworming products , so I kinda was looking for a less expensive fix tell I can afford it.

Takun

Wof Wof Wof Wof Wof
Its not that I want to save money , I am not that cheap. I am flat broke at the moment , and can't afford the top shelf deworming products , so I kinda was looking for a less expensive fix tell I can afford it.

Ahhhhh don't know how your vet is then, ours is great at being flexible on paying.

Monak

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES
Ahhhhh don't know how your vet is then, ours is great at being flexible on paying.

I am gonna end up having to go to the day labor office and pick up an extra days worth of work.

T

Tycho

ummm...

Cheap fix?

Look online. Google Foster & Smith, Jeffers, and any other veterinary supply you can find. Look for cat dewormers, price them and make note of what their active ingredient(s) are called and make note of what types of worms said dewormers are designed to kill.

Armed with this knowledge you can possibly purchase the appropriate cat dewormer from a pet supply shop. Except there's a few things I'd like to know: what kind of worms is your cat suffering from? How did you diagnose it? Who is telling you this cat has worms, and how are they backing that up?

Be extremely careful when dealing with veterinary medicine. If you aren't sure about it, don't do it, and take the cat to the vet.

Monak

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES
ummm...

Cheap fix?

Look online. Google Foster & Smith, Jeffers, and any other veterinary supply you can find. Look for cat dewormers, price them and make note of what their active ingredient(s) are called and make note of what types of worms said dewormers are designed to kill.

Armed with this knowledge you can possibly purchase the appropriate cat dewormer from a pet supply shop. Except there's a few things I'd like to know: what kind of worms is your cat suffering from? How did you diagnose it? Who is telling you this cat has worms, and how are they backing that up?

Be extremely careful when dealing with veterinary medicine. If you aren't sure about it, don't do it, and take the cat to the vet.

I was the one who diagnosed it. Though I am not sure what type of worm it is , I am sure it is worms because of the fact a couple have still been moving when she pooped them out.

Frasque

take EVERYTHING i say SRSLY!!!
You're really gonna to have to go to a vet if you don't know what kind of worm it is. Over-the-counter meds I've found to be completely useless. Sorry :( Hope this works out ok.

Not A Fox

nothing
I'm not going to recomend this to you, seeing as how you're probably gonna do it wrong, but heres how we do it:

Considering we need to worm cattle every once in awhile, we already invest in industrial strength cattle de-wormer. What we do instead of investing more money for de-wormer specifically for cats & dogs, we've been very cautiously giving doses of the high potency stuff meant for the cows.

I don't know the dosage. Giving too little isn't gonna do any good, and too much will downright kill the thing.

Even if you could get it right, or me to find out the dosage: I doubt you have a feedstore close enough to warrant trying this out.

Monak

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES
I'm not going to recomend this to you, seeing as how you're probably gonna do it wrong, but heres how we do it:

Considering we need to worm cattle every once in awhile, we already invest in industrial strength cattle de-wormer. What we do instead of investing more money for de-wormer specifically for cats & dogs, we've been very cautiously giving doses of the high potency stuff meant for the cows.

I don't know the dosage. Giving too little isn't gonna do any good, and too much will downright kill the thing.

Even if you could get it right, or me to find out the dosage: I doubt you have a feedstore close enough to warrant trying this out.

I don't know why , but your comments always seem to piss me off. You act as though the world is full of stupid people.
1. I live in Maine , so it isn't that hard to find a feed store.
2. Giving farm grade dewormer to a house cat is something that should not be done.
3. Have some fucking tact when you talk to people. It is not very becoming to start with , "you're probably gonna do it wrong."

Monak

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES
Can I get a thread lock? I figured out it is a tapeworm that she has , and have figured out what to treat it with. So there is no point in the thread now.

T

Tycho

Can I get a thread lock? I figured out it is a tapeworm that she has , and have figured out what to treat it with. So there is no point in the thread now.

Ok, you're certain it's tapeworm? Not hookworms?