• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

My mom has found a way to communicate with me

Cam

Tick my laint
I am totally convinced something is up

Ever since my mom died I have been having nightmares every single night... But the most common one is me in my old living room. It must be at about 2 in the morning, because its dark and no lights are on, but the moonlight is just leaking into the room. Enough for me to see a silhouette of a person in front of me, staggering, trying to walk. When I turn on the lights, its my mom, looking at the ceiling with red demon eyes, and a towel on her head (she would put one on when she left the bathroom after a shower, to dry her hair).\

She would keep whispering "For thou art the kingdom, and the power" I would look at her face closer, and the towel would fall off her head, and she would have the normal blonde hair I remembered her having. Her skin was a little dryer, and older looking.

Ive been trying to figure out what the hell this all meant, and I was especially intrigued by "For thou art the kingdom and the power"

After some research I found this

For thou art the Kingdom and the Power and the Glory
Forever and ever. Amen.
Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee,
Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy...
This was categorized under The act of Contrition... Matthew 6:13

So after researching THAT I also stumbled upon this

[video=youtube;vTtvOBWKiJY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTtvOBWKiJY[/video]

My mom was obsessed with all things Madonna. And this whole song just reminded me of the nightmare... my says it EXACTLY how madonna does in the very beginning, but in my dream she only repeats For thou art the kingdom and the power..

So now im trying to decipher what that could even mean

What would my mom be trying to tell me?
Is it really her, or my brain just playing mindfucks?
How does this tie up with the act of contrition?

I really need to resolve this, because I cant go through this every night.... Its making me slip in school, socially withdraw a little, and just overall is totally fucking me up

TL;DR ~ My brain decided "Hey! Lets fuck with Cams mind... should keep me occupied for about a month"

Last edited:

Darkwing

You're probably smoking too much weed :V

Putting jokes aside, that's really interesting. I've heard instances of the dead reaching out to the living though dreams and such, it's quite a mysterious thing.

Also, that sounds like some scary shit there, too D:

SirRob

I don't believe in the supernatural... The only thing that I feel this means is that you two had a very strong connection..

slydude851

PSN ID: Slydude851
AAAAAnd back on topic. If your relationship was very close, as a normal mother-son relationship should be, something like this seems more like you just missing your mother. I'd say give it about a month and see if you still have the dreams, unless this has been going on for more than, say, 3 months or so.

It has a religious reference and that might mean something, but other than that I can't offer any more information than that. Good luck, though

Grimfang

That's really freaky. Not to be insensitive.. I'm really sorry to hear about your mom's passing. I've never dealt with the death of a person (too) close to me yet, but I'm pretty sure that sort of a recurring dream would just kill me.

I was raised in a religious household, and I'm pretty sure that was something that was "additionally" recited with the rosary. I tried some quick googling, but there's so much Madonna stuff coming up. From a few pages I saw though, I'm positive it's a part that my grandparents had recited with our rounds of the rosary.

I'm not religious at all anymore, don't believe in that stuff, but I dunno.. maybe pray the rosary?
Therapy is frequently very helpful (sometimes needed) in getting past the death of family members too. I hate seeing stories of people who substitute prayer for actual necessities though.

My own beliefs aside, you should try to get some help with that, however you'd best go about it. I don't know how long it's been, but talking to people close to you can help, if you've been not doing so.

Cam

Tick my laint
You're probably smoking too much weed :V

Putting jokes aside, that's really interesting. I've heard instances of the dead reaching out to the living though dreams and such, it's quite a mysterious thing.

Also, that sounds like some scary shit there, too D:

Its scaring the shit out of me :V

I don't believe in the supernatural... The only thing that I feel this means is that you two had a very strong connection..

We totally did.... her death fucked me up pretty badly.

You might wanna see a therapist.

Seriously, not trying to be rude.

Already am, doesnt do shit for me :/

If i needed someone to talk to, my best friends would be a better option, not an old hoary prick :V

AAAAAnd back on topic. If your relationship was very close, as a normal mother-son relationship should be, something like this seems more like you just missing your mother. I'd say give it about a month and see if you still have the dreams, unless this has been going on for more than, say, 3 months or so.

It has a religious reference and that might mean something, but other than that I can't offer any more information than that. Good luck, though

My mom died on Sep 7, so it hasnt even been a month yet....

Im not sure why my mom would show religious things, she had no sense of anything biblical in her life

That's really freaky. Not to be insensitive.. I'm really sorry to hear about your mom's passing. I've never dealt with the death of a person (too) close to me yet, but I'm pretty sure that sort of a recurring dream would just kill me.

I was raised in a religious household, and I'm pretty sure that was something that was "additionally" recited with the rosary. I tried some quick googling, but there's so much Madonna stuff coming up. From a few pages I saw though, I'm positive it's a part that my grandparents had recited with our rounds of the rosary.

I'm not religious at all anymore, don't believe in that stuff, but I dunno.. maybe pray the rosary?
Therapy is frequently very helpful (sometimes needed) in getting past the death of family members too. I hate seeing stories of people who substitute prayer for actual necessities though.

My own beliefs aside, you should try to get some help with that, however you'd best go about it. I don't know how long it's been, but talking to people close to you can help, if you've been not doing so.

I honestly dont even know what I believe anymore...

I grew up without any kind of religious source other than my grandmother, so I just never really fell for any kind of religion at all...

I just believe in like... Earth.. Life is just a gift from the unknown or some stupid shit :3

3picFox

An hero...
You're crazy, administer cyanide immediately.

south syde dobe

4th Elite General
You need therapy....bad

Evandeskunk

Mush on a misson
I like how intresting your dreams are. If your mom was into madonna, you could have heard it before, but just don't remember. The thought of your mom may have brought this into your head, meshing with the thought of your mom.

Cam

Tick my laint
You need therapy....bad

Yeah, I would go with therapy. Not a damn hypnotist! A therapist. Unless...

Been there done that, all they do is rape me with pills

I like how intresting your dreams are. If your mom was into madonna, you could have heard it before, but just don't remember. The thought of your mom may have brought this into your head, meshing with the thought of your mom.

Thats what im thinking...

I know my dreams usually always have some sort of totally secret meanings to them, they are disguised symbolically

south syde dobe

4th Elite General
Been there done that, all they do is rape me with pills

Thats what im thinking...

I know my dreams usually always have some sort of totally secret meanings to them, they are disguised symbolically
I heard PEELZ!

Evandeskunk

Mush on a misson

Funny cuz' most of my dreams have no deeper meaning to them. I usually don't have dreams, but when I do, they are pretty bland and meaningless.

Cam

Tick my laint
Funny cuz' most of my dreams have no deeper meaning to them. I usually don't have dreams, but when I do, they are pretty bland and meaningless.

I kinda doubt that... you just may not be clearly be able to decipher them... which is actually pretty normal

I have incredibly deep thought about everything, and I can find double meanings in everything, symbolically or just... whatever

I blew my moms mind when I told her madonnas "like a prayer" is about a blowjob :3

Evandeskunk

Mush on a misson
I kinda doubt that... you just may not be clearly be able to decipher them... which is actually pretty normal

I have incredibly deep thought about everything, and I can find double meanings in everything, symbolically or just... whatever

I blew my moms mind when I told her madonnas "like a prayer" is about a blowjob :3

So please tell me what being megaman, whos getting attacked by a cyber vampire from buzzlightyear who is also my dad, symbolic in anyway?