• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

My name is SecreT and I'm a human...

S

SecreTo

Before you throw rocks and stones at me, allow me to explain myself. *covers*
First I apologize for not making my first post on the introduction forum, I just wanted to have a little discussion here at the same time.
The topic says it all, I'm a human who is not actually happy for beign one and who has been admiring the furry community from a long time ago, but even though I like and respect furry people, I carry a big burden: I have never been able to find my own fursona, not because I didn't want to, it's because I just wasn't able to.
I first though it would be as simple as imagining myself as an animal of my choosing, but it wasn't that easy. Yeah I could see myself as diferents animals, but my mind kept telling me that it was just a lie, that none of them were really my fursona. I have read stories of people having amazing experiences finding their true soul after having time with that kind of animal, people staring at a wolf for hours like if they were comunicating, sharing time with them and feeling they were one more, but my sad life hasn't allow me any of those experiences.

I though I was doomed to despice myself for not beign able to change, but recently something wonderfull has happened. I meet one wolfess and she offered herlsef to give me help with grammar and spellcheck for my writing fanfics at some other forums, after talking some time with her she accepted me as human and taugh me a lot about furry people that I wasn't able to learn myself. After that I began to experience a lot of new things and for the first time I felt like I wanted to integrate myself with the community.

So here I am, eager to fit here and participate as much as I can. When Furaffinity.net comes back online I will show my writing and some pictures I got commissioned for some of my WoW characters.
Maybe with your help, someday I will be able to finally find what I seek and be part of you, the only thing I need to know... Will you acept me in the mean time?
Thank you in advance.

-SecreT

And I apologize for my bad english, since is not my main language.

slashersivi

I personally am the type of furry that doesn't confuse my fursona with myself. Yes my fursona is the embodiment of me, but I am not my fursona. I am a human. I didn't have a deep spiritual journey with I created her, I just thought about the different animals I really liked and felt reflected my various attributes. But if you just don't think that method is right for you, perhaps try going to a zoo or wildlife refuge and walking around. Maybe you will find that connection.

S

SecreTo

I personally am the type of furry that doesn't confuse my fursona with myself. Yes my fursona is the embodiment of me, but I am not my fursona. I am a human. I didn't have a deep spiritual journey with I created her, I just thought about the different animals I really liked and felt reflected my various attributes. But if you just don't think that method is right for you, perhaps try going to a zoo or wildlife refuge and walking around. Maybe you will find that connection.

Will I completly understand your point, I still keep feeling how I stated. I actually would like to do my actions and still imagine is my fursona who is doing it, but NEVER confuse it. Ofc we are still inteligent and know we still have human bodies, I would just like to feel diferent.

We will accept you IF YOU GIVE UP THE BANE OF EXISTANCE THAT IS WORLD OF WARCRAP!!!
No! D:
I will never give up my cute female tauren hunter :mad:

slashersivi

What server you on by the way? I play on Stormscale. Female tauren ftw :D

Oh, I just realized you live in Spain so that would mean you play on a EU server. xD Silly me.

Draco_2k

Rawr.
Finding a fursona can be be tricky, and, unless you're doing it just for fun, will take some trying - after all, if you treat it that way, it's just as easy as "Finding yourself".

In the meantime, enjoy your stay. I think you'll be the third person registering this week under a name with "Secret" in it.

Badballs

Beautiful Jerk
I totally understand. Deciding on the species of your talking animal is serious business.

Vesuro

~Such a Rush~
Finding my fursona took a long time of trial and error, but I feel comfortable with it now. At first it was like a game of creating a character, now I feel that I better understand what a fursona means to me, and thus my fursona is more a representation of me and less of what I created that looked cool.

Shiriko

Fat Jesus!
We're all humans. Some just deny it. :p

Side note: Server? Please say Lightning Skull D:

ExTo

Under the sea, near heat vents
My name is ExTo and I'm a human, too.

I just have characters I like to play the part of and happen to be half-animal. :)

Much like most people here, actually. And believe me - don't sweat it. A fursona isn't something you should actively look for, it's rather something that comes to you in a flash, at least IMO. I spent about half my time on these forums without a fursona, but since then I developped two (because one is not enough for the cool kids). It just happens that one day, you find/think of/draw something you really like and tada~, after some thought-processing, fursona.

S

SecreTo

We're all humans. Some just deny it. :p

Side note: Server? Please say Lightning Skull D:

I'd never say I would deny my human part, is there everytime when I look at a mirror. As I said I just seek to feel a bit diferent of what I am now.

Oh and my server would be Laughing Skull (don't know if it is the same server and you mistake the name)

Last edited by a moderator:

Alblaka

Restless and lonely Dragon
We will accept you IF YOU GIVE UP THE BANE OF EXISTANCE THAT IS WORLD OF WARCRAP!!!

XD Nice welcoming

Welcome onboard!

I can't tell you how to find your fursona. One day i simply known it. (Ok, i had read Eragon, maybe that was the cause)
But even then it took some time until i was sure and at least it taken over 3 years to get into this fandom.
So take all the time you need...

Some time you will find "yourself" ^^

(Maybe i should say that i'm a very spiritual furry with all the habits: thinking i'm a dragon soul in a human body, wishes to be my fursona and so on ^^)

S

SecreTo

My name is ExTo and I'm a human, too.

I just have characters I like to play the part of and happen to be half-animal. :)

Much like most people here, actually. And believe me - don't sweat it. A fursona isn't something you should actively look for, it's rather something that comes to you in a flash, at least IMO. I spent about half my time on these forums without a fursona, but since then I developped two (because one is not enough for the cool kids). It just happens that one day, you find/think of/draw something you really like and tada~, after some thought-processing, fursona.

Exactly, thats what my thinking is.
Thank you cool friend :D

S

SecreTo

XD Nice welcoming

Welcome onboard!

I can't tell you how to find your fursona. One day i simply known it. (Ok, i had read Eragon, maybe that was the cause)
But even then it took some time until i was sure and at least it taken over 3 years to get into this fandom.
So take all the time you need...

Some time you will find "yourself" ^^

(Maybe i should say that i'm a very spiritual furry with all the habits: thinking i'm a dragon soul in a human body, wishes to be my fursona and so on ^^)

The wonderfull thing about this subject is that everyone has their point of view, some might find that you want to "be" or "imagine" yourself as a furry is odd, because there are furry people that just invented their character but doesn't want to get more involved on it than that.

seven207

Will I completly understand your point, I still keep feeling how I stated. I actually would like to do my actions and still imagine is my fursona who is doing it, but NEVER confuse it. Ofc we are still inteligent and know we still have human bodies, I would just like to feel diferent.

i completely agree. being different (read: furry) always has and always will appeal to me, but i would never confuse myself with my fursona (not possible; i haven't even drawn him out in full yet)

SparkOfMortality

Just checkin' in

The topic says it all, I'm a human who is not actually happy for beign one and who has been admiring the furry community from a long time ago, but even though I like and respect furry people, I carry a big burden: I have never been able to find my own fursona,

...Wat?

Alblaka

Restless and lonely Dragon
The wonderfull thing about this subject is that everyone has their point of view, some might find that you want to "be" or "imagine" yourself as a furry is odd, because there are furry people that just invented their character but doesn't want to get more involved on it than that.

Yeah, thats right...
But i can't change it, i simply find my body is not that i wish to have...

I hope i maybe had helped you in any kind with your search ^^

Takun

Wof Wof Wof Wof Wof
I don't know, the last human we let in got his skin everywhere..... 9_9

Honestly, while I may have a main character that is an anthropomorphic creature, I have no "fursona," by the most common definition of the word, and I quite like it that way. SO, I have no issue with other folks without "fursonas" hangin' about. ;3

Frasque

take EVERYTHING i say SRSLY!!!
gooble gabble one of us, gooble gabble one of us

hah hah no really, if we're here we all belong to the human species no matter what we pretend so no fears :D

Clyde_Dale

Hey, no puttin' down World of Whorecraft. It's not the fault of the pixels that the Dev's sprayed 'extra strength skank' on most of them. Personally, though, I'm not a big fan of having to pay $20/month/account to play a game.

Seriously, welcome to FA. We're just one big, somewhat dysfunctional, family.

When deciding your Fursona, don't just jump at the first thing that pops into your head. Or rather, start off with it, then continue your search. Often times, you will find it when you least expect it, so don't stress it too hard. It will present itself to you when the time is right.

Takun

Wof Wof Wof Wof Wof
Actually $15, but hey >.>;;