• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

My pet has a critical disease.

HarlequinFinch

(I'm sorry if this kind of stuff isn't supposed to be on the FA forums, I just wanted to share this with you in case I suddenly get highly depressed.)
Those of you who have seen my FurAffinity page, you would of met Sunshine, my budgie who lost all her flight feathers on her left wing. She can now fly, but has something HIGHLY critical and life risking. Bacterial Crop Infection. It has been known to kill many birds who have been infected by it. She can no longer chirp or squawk properly, and instead makes a high pitched squeak. She coughs up/vomits a muscus-like goo, which is by far NOT a good sign. She is on antibiotics, but after hearing that most birds who catch it die, I'm really terrified and upset, as Rio and her mean the world to me. She drinks alot of water which contains her antibiotics, and she looks SLIGHTLY (Only faintly) better than yesterday, so at least I have hope on my side.

Thank you for reading.

Ricky

That's sad and I hope for the best!

I'm not a vet or anything but if she is making progress that's probably a good sign!

As long as she is getting better and not worse.

Good luck.

kaskae

Dude's a straight-up hustler.
At this point, take all precautions to keep symptoms in check. Keep advice from vets consistently coming in, because it's best to keep them up to date on your bird's condition. Ensuring that her environment will keep her protected is the best thing to do at this point. I hope things go well for you all.

Lantern

My pets have a critical disease too: stupidity. Hehehe sorry, I couldn't resist. I'm sorry about your bird though :( I hope she gets to feeling better

TeenageAngst

Banned
Banned
One sec, I know what to do, lemme get my book.

Ok I'm back.

It looks like because it was a critical disease you're going to need to pass a 4 consecutive fortitude saves at DC17 to cure while taking 1d4 damage every round, that's pretty harsh.

Last edited:

HarlequinFinch

Ok I'm back.

It looks like because it was a critical disease you're going to need to pass a 4 consecutive fortitude saves at DC17 to cure while taking 1d4 damage every round, that's pretty harsh.

So, my pet could die and all you do is make a cruel joke.
Disgusting.

GurahkWeavile

Ok I'm back.

Wow.....you are one big asshole, my friend.

Boombomb

Ok I'm back.

You do realise she loves this bird with all her heart and she's wondering if she can cure a 30% Fatal disease, no matter how much it costs, and you make some stupid, pathetic and uncalled for joke ever.... Just.... Get out.

Ok I'm back.

Mhm and you think that's funny, it's sick, get out of this forum, now
In fact, let me show you to the door myself.

TeenageAngst

Banned
Banned
I mean I can't cure your pet, I really don't know what you expected me (or anyone for that matter) to say.

Bipolar Bear

Phallus Fellater
If she got slightly more healthier after a day, keep up what you're doing. I hope your Budgie will be alright! (=(

Neoi

Lone Wolf
I hope he pulls through, its terrible when pets get ill :(

Thaily

Aaaw, I'm so sorry to hear it :(
I have had budgies for years, they're so wonderful.
I hope yours pulls through!

I mean I can't cure your pet, I really don't know what you expected me (or anyone for that matter) to say.

Has your mother ever told you "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all"?
Because she should have.

Also, better stay silent and be thought of as an idiot than open your mouth and confirm it.

Earth Rio

It isn't butter?!
I'm sorry about your pet, and I hope that he/she gets better soon.

valia_wolfie

My cat got a fatal disease from a tick bite some months ago. She was looking pretty awful, and the vet seemed really skeptical on her surviving, and very surprised when she DID survive it. So there is hope for your bird! :3 Just keep a good eye on her, keep up with the vet, make sure the environment is safe, and try encouraging her. As cheesy as that sounds xD encouragement, and just showing love seemed to help my kitty through it. She was kinda a fighter too though, so alot of it had to do with her personality as well. But I hope your bird makes it through! D: there definitely is hope! so try to show her that you haven't given up on her either. <3

burakki

I'm sorry to hear what you're pet is going through. I lost my dog about a year ago to some kind of tumor/illness. At first last summer(2011) he was having alot of pain in his stomach and we didn't know what was wrong with him. After a few days we went to the vet and he received some type of antibiotic injection, and looked like he was improved.

Then during the end of that September, on a Friday after class, I received the call that he passed away :/.

Keep holding on and have faith. Losing a pet is seriously fucking painful, so I hope that your bird improves.

Last edited:

moonchylde

He's like, this guy, you know?
Did anyone else find it odd that three people apparently signed up to the forum just to call someone an asshole?

Earth Rio

It isn't butter?!
Not only that, but they all posted within minutes of each other.

That is kinda odd. (sorry, Thaily, just this post) Proves the effect some people can have, though.

HarlequinFinch

Thanks for the reassurance (sp?) guys, she's starting to drink her medicine more so I have some luck.

Did anyone else find it odd that three people apparently signed up to the forum just to call someone an asshole?

I posted it on a chatroom, and on the actual site,
SonicKusanagi181 = Sonicstar3000
Boombomb = Boombomb98

And GurahkWeavile was already signed up.
Just so you know. ^.^"

NewYork

Not sure what you can do to help the poor bird. medical care for pet birds is pretty limited.
I do wish it a speedy recovery though :)