• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

My Post Count is gone

Xaerun

"toxic and negative"
A common trend I've noticed on all forums that keep track of post counts is that users with larger e-peens tend to get more attention/respect, while having a post count in the double-digits will get you branded a newfag.

Well, people with low post counts usually are newfags, but 9.9
Personally I pay more attention to Join Date, but ultimately it all comes down to personality. Don't listen to jerks, pay attention to the good folks. Easy, really.

I say the best thing to do is get rid of the post counter altogether. Those who don't care won't notice, and those who do care will whine and bitch at first, but stop posting to increase their post count.
Many have tried. None have succeeded.
... in suggesting that, that is.

Oh god, it's this fucking guy again. Why did you have to come back? |:C
Did I miss something? I have no idea who they are.

bearetic

Icon by marcothecat
1. Who is this person and why is he bad? He's never annoyed me.

2. At least he's not whatshisface with the obvious troll threads. You know, the shark thread and such.

3. TRIPLE DIGIT POST COUNT :F

Dyluck

hi ilu :>
1. Who is this person and why is he bad? He's never annoyed me.

2. At least he's not whatshisface with the obvious troll threads. You know, the shark thread and such.

3. TRIPLE DIGIT POST COUNT :F

1: He's stupid. Really stupid. He also makes literally pointless threads.

2: I prefer to assume that people are never trolls and are just exactly as stupid as they present themselves.

3: >4000

T

Tycho

Personally I pay more attention to Join Date, but ultimately it all comes down to personality. Don't listen to jerks, pay attention to the good folks. Easy, really.

There's no "Jerk/Nice-o-Meter" for the zero-attention-span types to quickly look at to gauge a person's worth as a poster, so they settle for post count. Because someone with a huge post count must be a good guy, since he's clearly opened his fucking mouth a bunch and hasn't been banned yet.

(This is the principle upon which many forum hierarchies are founded, as most of you probably already know)

Last edited by a moderator:

Dyluck

hi ilu :>
Because someone with a huge post count must be a good guy, since he's clearly opened his fucking mouth a bunch and hasn't been banned yet.

And yet our top posters are Rilvor, me, and some of the admins. :V

Edit: And I guess Bokracroc is in there, too, but he's pretty neutral.

And of course Silibus who's a complete post-whore goody-two-shoes. >:C

Last edited:

Xaerun

"toxic and negative"
There's no "Jerk/Nice-o-Meter" for the zero-attention-span types to quickly look at to gauge a person's worth as a poster, so they settle for post count.
I propose this be implemented. It would go down well.

Because someone with a huge post count must be a good guy, since he's clearly opened his fucking mouth a bunch and hasn't been banned yet.
I laughed. Quite a bit.

Enigmaticat

Oh Boy!
I say the best thing to do is get rid of the post counter altogether. Those who don't care won't notice, and those who do care will whine and bitch at first, but stop posting to increase their post count.
But then FAF would lose many members thus lowering the popularity. Almost all forums I see have some kind of point system. Let it be post counts, page viewings, submissions, etc.
You, sir, are the most impressive new person I have seen thus far!
Think outside the box for a second.

Aq Bars

Я Ак Барс
Said the newfag.
Hush, you.

Good advice; I'm still feeling my way around so I have no concrete opinions of anyone yet, but most of you seem pretty chill.

But then FAF would lose many members thus lowering the popularity. Almost all forums I see have some kind of point system. Let it be post counts, page viewings, submissions, etc.
And if those members left, nothing of value would be lost. If someone's only on a forum to jack up post count, the community is better off without them. IMHO.

Think outside the box for a second.
Sir have I offended you in some way?

Ratte

That could help with trolls.

But some trolls are just...trolls...so they'll just keep doing it anyway.

Given that certain threads aren't restricted by postcount like quite a few others, I think this is a good idea.

Enigmaticat

Oh Boy!
And if those members left, nothing of value would be lost. If someone's only on a forum to jack up post count, the community is better off without them. IMHO.
No, I do not believe anyone is here for that reason. Please think... hmm.. here is an example. The Xbox 360 achievements. They dont do anything, they are a scoring system, and it doesnt change how the game is played. Its just something to motivate people to contribute more and it gives the feeling of accomplishment.
Sir have I offended you in some way?
No you havent. I dont care about post counts either.

pheonix

back'n up back'n up
This thread made me lmao while reading through, god you've really been away that long? this happened like a month or 2 ago. lol

Ty Vulpine

And yet our top posters are Rilvor, me, and some of the admins. :V

Edit: And I guess Bokracroc is in there, too, but he's pretty neutral.

And of course Silibus who's a complete post-whore goody-two-shoes. >:C

And me (#12 on the list) though there's also someone that hasn't been around for about a year...

But Rilvor used to have over 10,000 posts before a lot got deleted.

Renton Whitetail

Friendly Mod
But Rilvor used to have over 10,000 posts before a lot got deleted.

Yep. My post count has been lowered a little bit a couple times before, and that doesn't bother me.

Zentio

Fluffy Bunbutts

^This.

& Maybe put in a rep system
emot-awesome-1.gif

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Site Director
Administrator
I know they closed a thread that was a game. idk but all i know is that i need to jump back on and try to get it back up.
Closing threads won't do that. There's a chance you were posting in a thread that got moved to forum games. Posts made in forum games do not add to your post count.

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Site Director
Administrator
I re-ran a post count update just to make sure. Everything is accurate as of now. All your other posts as I can see are in Forum Games.