• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

My scroll wheel just broke!

Kangamutt

Like just now. My scroll wheel stopped working. No ratcheting sound when I roll it. There's no rattling inside it. Does anyone have an idea why? It a Wacom mouse.

Kangamutt

Well, I took it apart (hooray for being mechanically inclined!), and found the problem: piss-poor design. Relying on putting a round peg into a square hole, and the edges had rounded out. Lousy fucks.

net-cat

Infernal Kitty
Wacom makes great tablets.

Their mice... not so much.

Don't use Wacom mice.

(About half the Wacom mice in my highschool's art class had this happen to them. They had to go out and buy a bunch of Microsoft mice to replace them. This was 2002-2003, though. I was hoping that they would have improved by now. I guess not.)

Stratelier

I remember seeing a Wacom puck at a thrift shop the other week....

I'm a southpaw, I don't need no stinkin' puck for my tablet.

Eevee

Banned
Banned
Razer mice are sweet, if you can get over how much of a douchebag you'll feel like for spending $50-$80 on a mouse.

Kangamutt

Oh hell no! Near a whole Ben for a mouse with fancy lights?
"Check it out yo! Mah mous haz ground fx lak mah civic!"
"And just like your civic, the lights don't do jack for performance."

If I wanted a more responsive mouse for games, I'd just up the sensitivity. A standard mouse at higher than usual sensitivity does fine for me. :/