• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Arnak

Off the bench
Now you do, heh.

Not really. He has a load of weaknesses that I haven't put in there, but to name some of them...

- really sensitive to cold weather (sneezes and coughs a lot), so in turn extremely weak to cold-based attacks, especially ice
- extremely sensitive hearing (but in his own way ; not like, say, wolves) so he's easily disoriented and stunned if taking a flash-bang or anything with loud noises head-on
- terrible stamina, out of breath very quick, just like his bottom-tier movement speed, so he prefers guns (especially shotguns for melee range)
- can't aim down the iron sights of guns due to his tusks getting in the way, and his hunched back making it even more awkward to do it (another reason he prefers shotguns)
- limited range and line of sight due to hunched back
- can't concentrate his magic well (or at all) if in melee range, needs to keep the distance

So, as weird as it sounds, if you try to melee him, he may be actually easier than you may think... at least when he's in base form.
Perhaps another Smith could help

Zerzehn

Dojyaaaaaaaaan~
Okay, I love the aesthetics and the eldritch theming of your creations. Also, the chonky.

Jin comes across as a diligent, passionate sort who I can see myself having a craft beer with and the others with the Lovecraftian aesthetic is very pleasing to me.

Though the variety of powers is something a bit OP but being OP is relative.

PC Master Race

The one with the axe side
Ooooh I remember it now. If I'm right your discord was Ricky or something ?

Okay, I love the aesthetics and the eldritch theming of your creations. Also, the chonky.
Extra thicc FTW
And yeah I'm a big fan of those abominations too. Maybe because of pure fascination and curiosity at how they look.

Jin comes across as a diligent, passionate sort who I can see myself having a craft beer with
Except he doesn't drink, heh. No alcohol, no beer, not even wine. He likes coke mixed with pepsi for the hell of it.

the others with the Lovecraftian aesthetic is very pleasing to me.
Glad to know. Though the only actual eldritch one here is Void Walker, the rest (Jin and Zodiac) aren't.

Though the variety of powers is something a bit OP but being OP is relative.
Because eldritch wooooo

TheCynicalViet

I think he look quite nice. I wonder what possible inspirations did you pull when designing Jin? I'm getting a Ganesh vibes with him especially in the pic with him and Zodiac where Zodiac looks like a Naga. But I'm not seeing any Hindi elements in his design so it I could be wrong but I like to make connections.

Since he's a blacksmith and come summon weapons, it could be interesting to see him end up materializing really OP real life mythological weapons. Ranging from the Irish Caladbolg (Caladbolg - Wikipedia) to The Hindu Astras (Astra (weapon) - Wikipedia) to the Chinese Spear of Erlang (Erlang Shen - Wikipedia).

PC Master Race

I think he look quite nice. I wonder what possible inspirations did you pull when designing Jin? I'm getting a Ganesh vibes with him especially in the pic with him and Zodiac where Zodiac looks like a Naga. But I'm not seeing any Hindi elements in his design so it I could be wrong but I like to make connections.
At first I went with being a minotaur because I want a species related to my country Vietnam (like kangaroos are to Australia), then I went for water buffalo because it's commonly featured in Vietnamese literature, proverbs and stories alike. Next is because I see it pretty fitting for me : big (and chonky), slow, tough, resilient, hard-working, but also always has to work hard, yet never really paid off. His hunched-back anatomy is because I absolutely love the taurens in WoW.
As for the mammoth part, it merely started off as an idea out of the blue like "what if I go minotaur-elephant ?", since I like the long nose/trunk. A lot of my friends really support me with it so I gave it a shot, and now he's the mammoth-minoraur you see.

Since he's a blacksmith and come summon weapons, it could be interesting to see him end up materializing really OP real life mythological weapons. Ranging from the Irish Caladbolg (Caladbolg - Wikipedia) to The Hindu Astras (Astra (weapon) - Wikipedia) to the Chinese Spear of Erlang (Erlang Shen - Wikipedia).
Now I know what to draw next. Thanks for the tip, hehe.
Though Jin wouldn't go with bows or crossbows.

Last edited:

Arnak

Off the bench
Ooooh I remember it now. If I'm right your discord was Ricky or something ?

Extra thicc FTW
And yeah I'm a big fan of those abominations too. Maybe because of pure fascination and curiosity at how they look.

Except he doesn't drink, heh. No alcohol, no beer, not even wine. He likes coke mixed with pepsi for the hell of it.

Glad to know. Though the only actual eldritch one here is Void Walker, the rest (Jin and Zodiac) aren't.

Because eldritch wooooo
I don't use discord anymore

PC Master Race

After spending some quality time looking into the forces from beyond the stars, across the cosmos and even from the deepest of hellish corners, he came to a brief summary of the creatures...
Exceeded character limit so I have to move this to the next post.
Among the cosmos, the mere presence of black holes have always been a defiance against the nature of all things. They are not “something”, for they are neither living creature nor object. They are not “somewhere”, for they are not a place in and of itself. They are just “them”.
To most people confident with their feeble five senses, limited knowledge and understanding, black holes are nothing more than simply regions of space-time where gravity is so strong that even light is swallowed in.
To those that dare to brave through the madness and chaos, however, black holes are birthplaces of absolute dread and terror, gateways to revelation and destruction.
It is from the black holes that the nightmarish abominations of tentacles and eyes, black as night itself, crawl out of.
It is believed that when a black hole has swallowed enough matter from those unfortunate enough to be in its range, be it a star or planet, a Void-Born monstrosity emerges and reaches to the physical world, a manifestation and embodiment of an endless, restless, relentless gluttonous hunger to devour everything, now given a kind of “sentience” to be active on its wake, and given sight to hunt down and prey upon its victims.
By all rights, these creatures should not exist, ever. At best they are alien, at worst they are hard proofs of how easily even the toughest minds can be torn down. Who knows when they will come crawling out of the darkness and unleash their unspeakable terror ?
While these absolute abominations and monstrosities are too much to even be categorized in any shape or form, in a futile attempt to understand them any better, they share some similarities between one another, such so terrible and terrifying that one glance might be enough to tell them apart : colors so dark no light can reflect from them, with shades of green like corroding acid/poison, or pink/red like flesh itself ; countless tentacles from their mass to ensnare and seal the victims’ fate in their grasp ; numerous “eyes” to stare down and break the victims’ mind ; and myriad of gaping maws… to make them whole.
They are beings of flesh and blood, hungry for it, and sentient enough to hunt for it. However, they are by no mean “living” creatures in any common sense.
There is no telling if they can even die at all ; one can only hope it is a case, but none would throw away their short lives just to find out if it’s actually true.
Even beauty is deadly. The stars, the nebula clouds, as alluring and sublime as they are, are the perfect curtains to cover the true captivating, beguiling and bewitching nature of this half of the cosmos.
Most would religiously worship them as guidance and zealously revere them as signs for prophecies, but to those branded as heretics and unbelievers, executed on stakes for their blasphemy, these sky-gazing stars are more, much more than that.
When a star reaches the end of its life cycle, and the light ray of a quasar pierces through the nebula clouds engulfed in the supernova, A malevolent, cosmic monstrosity emerges from within, freed from its rock prisons and released into the vast cosmos. A thing of pure, cosmic blinding radiance. A Star-Born from beyond.
While these creatures come in various appearances and sizes, they share some common traits that make them easy to tell apart : constantly shifting formation of thousands of crystal shards surrounding a cracked-open rock, with strange glowing substance leaking out.
While made of crystals and stones, these monsters in disguise hunger for flesh and blood, seeking to consume all living and nonliving things that they can reach to. The main threat is their evolved sentience and intelligence, enough to lure victims into willingly offer themselves with their hypnotizing reflective crystals and songs of desire, but even beneath such subtle approach to gather their hosts and food sources, the disguise is dropped and the monsters in their true nature arise if the victims prove to be too stubborn to fall for the charm, in which case these creatures lash out in an explosive manner. A single drop of such substance leaking from the core of the monster, or a shard of its crystal, when touching the skin, will be absorbed into the victim, mutating them from inside out and outside in as they begin to grow crystals on their body in a painful process. The Star-Born will have for itself a thrall at its disposal.
It is impossible to tell if these nightmarish creatures can be destroyed, but even if they can, their twisted corruption is timeless…

Last edited:

PC Master Race

For what they are.

They look nice. A bit too yellow for my taste. But you did good with your OCs.
Yellow is my favorite color, so much that I'd just go monotone (?) with it instead of with other colors like black or white, so yeah.
But thanks.

Existenceinanutshell

Yellow is my favorite color, so much that I'd just go monotone (?) with it instead of with other colors like black or white, so yeah.
But thanks.

No problem and I understand.

I tend to like black and white color scheme with my OCs so black and white shows up quiet a bit with my characters so I entirely understand.

I'll show you examples of this
Riot
1562911105.existenceinanutshell_catto_custom2.jpg

Raffles Hoof
dc7gp0t-54d60913-5ca7-438c-8586-fb943074bab6.png

So no judgment from me dude. We like what we like and I'm not gonna judge ya for that owo

Existenceinanutshell

Thanks.
If you ever feel like getting a weapon for your OCs (remember : black and white !), I hope I'm in your wishlist.

Maybe down the line. I'm already commissioning a lot of artists down the line with the project I'm working on. So I pick my artists wisely, but I'll keep ya in mind I promise uwu

PC Master Race

I like that you toned down the yellow and made it more balanced with the colors.
Yeah I always end up going back to black and white. Aside my fursona's... natural body color (?), colors for weapons and armors and clothes and everything else never really stick with me much. Always black and white instead.

Toby_Morpheus

Hello, Proto
You know, there's something I don't get.
Generally I'd find the use of such textures gaudy and an eyesore, but I really like them here.
Maybe it's because you use them as trim instead of the main focus.

We've interacted before and you said something to the affect of parts of them being otherworldly and that's what it makes me think of.