• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Mystery fireball streaks across Texas sky

X

The Monster Under Your Bed
Mystery fireball streaks across Texas sky.

Sun Feb 15, 11:31 pm ET

DALLAS – What looked like a fireball streaked across the Texas sky on Sunday morning, leading many people to call authorities to report seeing falling debris.
"We don't know what it was," said Federal Aviation Administration spokesman Roland Herwig.
The Williamson County Sheriff's Office used a helicopter to search after callers said they thought they saw a plane crashing, a spokesman said.
"We don't doubt what people saw" but authorities found nothing, said spokesman John Foster.
The U.S. Strategic Command said there was no connection to the sightings over Texas and Tuesday's collision of satellites from the U.S. and Russia.
"There is no correlation between the debris from that collision and those reports of re-entry," said Maj. Regina Winchester, with STRATCOM.
The FAA notified pilots on Saturday to be aware of possible space debris after a collision Tuesday between U.S. and Russian communication satellites. The chief of Russia's Mission Control says clouds of debris from the collision will circle Earth for thousands of years and threaten numerous satellites.

sounds like a coverup to me.

Irreverent

Why a coverup? Bolides are quite common, it need not be space junk. Could have just as easiy been a meteor.

X

The Monster Under Your Bed
and by cover up i mean that the us gov't is covering up their stupidity.

Иван

Wayward sapce junk that posed no threat. Who cares? Let's talk about this instead.

Ratte

Wasn't there some fireball in the sky that scientists claimed they knew nothing about?

Like...sometime a couple of years ago?

Endless Humiliation

Banned
Banned
She was walking all alone
Down the street in the alley
Her name was Sally
She never saw it
When she was hit by space junk
In New York, Miami Beach
Heavy metal fell in Cuba
Angola, Saudi Arabia
On Xmas eve said NORAD
A Soviet Sputnik hit Africa
India, Venezuela (in Texas, Kansas)
It's falling fast Peru too
It keeps coming
And now I'm mad about space junk
I'm all burned out about space junk
Oooh walk & talk about space junk
It smashed my baby's head
And now my Sally's dead

Иван

I know right?

You wouldn't happen to have a cold war era fallout shelter would you?
No, but there's a high school on Richard Road that was built to double as a bomb shelter. :U

No, but there's a high school on Richard Road that was built to double as a bomb shelter. :U

Do they have internet, cause if they do I think should pick up a pallet of ramen from Costco and hang out there until this whole think blows over :V .

Irreverent

Wayward sapce junk that posed no threat. Who cares? Let's talk about this instead.

Yeah, saw that.....close call for you mid-westerners. I think Lowlow64 is close to the projected fall zone.

Panzermanathod

SHAVE ALL FUR! BALDIES FTW!!!
Probably space debris. I'm not worried.