• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Name a word

Ricky

I wanna have a computer like on Star Trek, where I just tell it what to, and it does it, and don't freeze up, or give any sass, or talk back, and make me go though pesky menus of settings. Ideally, I'd just be able to explain what I wanted done, and Viola! It would be so.

I would like a computer that is sassy, and talks back to me.

Even more importantly, it has to understand *me* when I talk back *to it.*

"What do you mean am I sure? I'm not typing for exercise..." :V

Luku_Zuku

Still trying to draw, slowly
The only language I know well, and probably the only language I'm gonna know, is Python3.
It's simple and does what I want it to

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
I would like a computer that is sassy, and talks back to me.

Even more importantly, it has to understand *me* when I talk back *to it.*

"What do you mean am I sure? I'm not typing for exercise..." :V

Actually, computers do seem sassy. Like you say, they are always asking, "Are you sure you want to delete the...", and I'm like, no I just spent the last hour here at work going though e-mails like I do very Monday just for fun, and would actually like to tattoo them on my ass as opposed to deleting them. Thanks for asking!"

inactive

Does pressing the restart button when it freezes up and swearing frantically at the funny blue screen count? That's the only one I know. Always got confused by computers fairly easily. Knowing a computer language seems harder to me than scaling Mount Kilimanjaro, in a bikini whilst playing the trombone.

The logic behind programming is actually rather far removed from the typical experience of a modern computer user! I could definitely understand seeing the source code of a program and being bewildered by such alien walls of text, but the "code" itself is all (or mostly, I should say) a matter of syntax. The fundamentals and mechanics of programming itself can be presented in totally non-computer-jargon-y ways, though!

Think about entering 2+3 on a calculator, and receiving an answer. Now, think about physically entering (2+3)+(2+3)+(2+3)+(2+3)+(2+3). Seems like a waste of time when you could just enter (2+3)*5, right? (Assuming you don't already know that 2+3=6, but shhhhh.) That latter one is essentially a basic loop, and loops are (in my opinion, I guess, haha) a vital building block as far as programming goes.

inactive

I took some courses that used C and Java, and then I BS'd my way through some pretty spaghetti PHP for a job. Haven't touched anything in a couple years, but I oughtta get back into it.

QueenofGlass

Currently Python and Java. I'm not very good at either of them, I've not been programming for very long. I also know some assembly language thanks to classes I'm required to take for my CS major.

cyclingswitch

Furry Engineer
So many people with C... I guess I can list it too since my university made me learn it first but my primary languages are Java, Python, C#, PHP, SQL and of course HTML and CSS (we still count them as languages right?).

WildFrontier

*launches drama*
C (old Win32 API, OOP in C xD, a bit posix, microcontrolling(bit operations))
Java (AWT/Swing, a bit Android)
And some languages I can/could work/worked with, but still has to google more or less:
C++, MIPS(RISC), LUA, HTML5, Javascript, CSS, Haskell, C#

StrangerCoug

Stranger Than You!
C and Java for the time being. Would like to know C++, too, but it looks like I'm on my own with that.

Arkuus

My major involves a good deal of programming. I am kickass in C and C++, but I plan to learn others in the future (python, java, C#, and others that may cross my way!).

AsheSkyler

Feathered Jester
I am oblivious to computer programming. But I'm alright enough at HTML, CSS, and PHP. I poke at JavaScript sometimes.

zeroslash

WYSIWYG
I don't remember if I already posted in this thread or not.

C++, Javascript, HTML/CSS, PHP.
So many people with C... I guess I can list it too since my university made me learn it first but my primary languages are Java, Python, C#, PHP, SQL and of course HTML and CSS (we still count them as languages right?).
CSS isn't a language but HTML is (hence the 'L').

Sergei Nóhomo

Spicey Memes
Banned
Powershell. Someone teach me Javascript or Python pls.

Sure! Java is as simple as:

var kek="ayy lmao"
system.out.println("kek")

And then spend 20 hours trying to figure out why the fuck nothing is working. That's Java

metallic_canine

Weary Traveler
Java, Python, HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Bash/Shell/Powershell (not sure if that really counts, but meh), Swift, and a very tiny amount of C#!

Sergei Nóhomo

Spicey Memes
Banned
Not to mention System is capitalized, and I don't think var is a valid variable type; it would have to be String I think.
Or your syntax. I don't do Java but won't that print "kek". You're using a string there rather than the variable named kek.

;)

Which is why I included the very important part about spending 20 hours and then crying