• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Name's Fair. And I'm here to learn about furries.

Fair's Fair

Oh this isn't the "open arms" community everyone is making it out to be. People here(as in the fandom, not exclusively the forum) attack each other for real-life things. Just like in any other fandom. It would be very difficult to give examples without naming names, but if you stick around long enough, you'll come across it I'm sure. You can also try joining a bunch of furry discord servers - especially bigger ones. I have also heard "furry twitter" is full of examples of this, but I don't have a twitter account so I wouldn't know for sure.
Oh I know, like the video and I said earlier. I have a few sources. I didn't just ask around, I poked some other forums/discords and such.(No pfp anon account-style) I wouldn't expect the dark stuff up front. Like all fandoms there's some elitists, just less of them. Some "aggressive tolerance." I've seen people shouted down for harmless critique and, like the video says, this does them no favors.

Sure, I've received some unpleasant comments about my fursona, but those were harmless.
He got a swagger to that smile, if it counts for anything I like it.

It is like you said in your video - there is nothing "central" about this fandom, everyone is free to do as they please. Your characters can be as "feral"(closer to the animal) or as "anthro"(closer to a human) as you like, and you'll be fine. There are no rules that prevent you from doing so.
Definitely a point in it's favor.

The biggest problem that I have, personally, is that if you don't fit a certain mold in the fandom, you won't be as well accepted. Unless you're into "nerdier" stuff, then there's a high chance you'll be alienated. I am not into roleplaying, being cutesy, video games, anime, metal, tcgs, the general "geek stuff". It's very difficult for me to find people in the fandom who are into the same things that I am. This doesn't mean that I'm faulting them for it - they are good people, we can talk about stuff, sure, but after a certain point there's nothing else to talk about because our common interests are depleted. It is only natural - that's how conversations flow.
One of the people involved in "me" loves Rick and Morty but couldn't have less in common with most fans. It's to the point that he just doesn't mention it any more. Anime is great, But most is poorly written. Dare to bring up the failings of One Piece and I swear the fans meld through the woodwork like the terminator just to fight you on it. I feel the pain.

If one does not get involved in such discussions, then the furry fandom is a good place to hang out.
For sure. My artist and VA got the login for this account just to study some of the creators. There's some real legit form drawing tips, and my VA makes cosplay props.(He did some black-magic math to make a to-scale Hidan scythe for himself.)

Troj

Your Friendly Neighborhood Dino Therapist
You gonna hang around, Fair? You'd be welcome!

Feel free to pick our brains on other topics, even if they're not furry-related.

Fair's Fair

You gonna hang around, Fair? You'd be welcome!

Feel free to pick our brains on other topics, even if they're not furry-related.
I'll definitely keep the account. :)

I hope you'll stop by my channel every video or two, You seem good company for what my channel is.