• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Nazi Fursuit at conventions?

Hi, I'm a Nazi fur with a fursuit.

I have an armband (with a pawprint), a hat, and an Iron Cross Collor.

I have an iron cross marking on my character tummy.

I go to local furmeets, and everyone is fine with it there. But that's manly for the reason few people go, and I slowly introduced only to find out most of them are interested in the Nazifurism.

But I'm going to my first fur con this year and I'm scared. I've read some posts, and seen a video where Nazi furs are treated very badly, and are not accepted. I really want to go, but I'm scared. I talked to the staff and they said it was fine, as long as I'm not running around and insulting people (which I won't), but what about they furries at the con?

JackTail

There is a reason why Nazi furs get treated badly....

The whole
Nazi bit of it being the reason.

Bit silly if you think it is a good idea going to any public place with any sort of Nazi stuff.

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
What makes you think that being a Nazi is a good idea in the first place? >__> You are essentially identifying with what some consider to be the worst scum of history, of course that is gonna cause problems!

And to be brutally honest, as a german the whole idea of this Nazifurry stuff is making me cringe all over the place!

Last edited:

Tiamat

Sex nuts and retard strong
Banned
How about you wipe your ass with that suit instead? It will be an improvement.

Dokid

Nazi is a word that most people tend to avoid. Which should be common sense considering their history with what is essentially inhumane acts and torture.

i would suggest that you leave the nazi stuff at home.

Kalmor

Banned
Banned
Even associating yourself with the Nazis is a crime in some countries. Yeah, I don't think going to a con in full Nazi gear is a good choice for obvious reasons.

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
Am I the only poster who doesn't make an immediate connection between taking an interest in nazi stuff and actually espousing nazi views?

Obviously if other people think it is then it isn't going to be a good idea, eventhough it's not inherently offensive. I particularly find people's averse treatment of swastikas rather silly, when this pattern is everywhere, from Finnish airforce uniforms, ancient Hindi decorations and Middleage Bibles from the Farne islands.

Nazisim doesn't own swastikas, and neither does the Nazi ideology own Nazi clothing.

Kalmor

Banned
Banned
Am I the only poster who doesn't make an immediate connection between taking an interest in nazi stuff and actually espousing nazi views?

Obviously if other people think it is then it isn't going to be a good idea, eventhough it's not inherently offensive. I particularly find people's averse treatment of swastikas rather silly, when this pattern is everywhere, from Finnish airforce uniforms, ancient Hindi decorations and Middleage Bibles from the Farne islands.

Nazisim doesn't own swastikas, and neither does the Nazi ideology own Nazi clothing.
I don't suggest that the OP's political views are in line with neo-Nazism, but rather going to a public place wearing clothing that is often associated with the Nazis is just asking for trouble and is a risk to the OP's safety.

Fallowfox

I don't suggest that the OP's political views are in line with neo-Nazism, but rather going to a public place wearing clothing that is often associated with the Nazis is just asking for trouble and is a risk to the OP's safety.

More of a comment towards Tiamat and captaincool, liking nazi objects doesn't equate to identifying with them.

DarrylWolf

Banned
Banned
I'd say it's a bad idea but then again, given the difference between me and my fursona, I don't know if I should have an opinion one way or the other.

Smelge

Hey, Assbutt
More of a comment towards Tiamat and captaincool, liking nazi objects doesn't equate to identifying with them.

Dressing up as one and creating a character for themselves that is Nazi is sort of identifying with them.

I don't understand why people see an organisation responsible for one of the biggest wars the world has seen, millions of deaths, genocide, destroying large portions of Europe and attempting to subjugate the world, and go "oh, they sound like cool guys, I wish I could be one too.".

Here's an idea, OP. Go sell your suit. Sell your con tickets and spend that money to fly yourself to Germany. Go visit some of the concentration camps, then come back and tell us whats so great about pretending to be a Nazi.

Go on. If you want to pretend to be a Nazi, then you should understand the repercussions of what they did instead of remaining cut off from it and glorifying it like a complete inbred fucknut.

Last edited:

Fallowfox

Dressing up as one and creating a character for themselves that is Nazi is sort of identifying with them.

I don't understand why people see an organisation responsible for one of the biggest wars the world has seen, millions of deaths, genocide, destroying large portions of Europe and attempting to subjugate the world, and go "oh, they sound like cool guys, I wish I could be one too.".

Here's an idea, OP. Go sell your suit. Sell your con tickets and spend that money to fly yourself to Germany. Go visit some of the concentration camps, then come back and tell us whats so great about pretending to be a Nazi.

Go on. If you want to pretend to be a Nazi, then you should understand the repercussions of what they did instead of remaining cut off from it and glorifying it like a complete inbred fucknut.

and dressing as pirates for halloween?

Brutal, murderous, rapist pirates.

Let's not get started on viking helmets.

Owning nazi stuff, dressing up as a nazi etcetera does not automatically mean someone identifies as a nazi.
A personal guess why some people like nazi stuff is that they're widespread as charismatic bad guys in films, stories and games, just like the other unsavoury characters I mentioned. Fiction rather than enjoying the thought of actual concentration camps and racial supermacy.

Seriously, stop confusing liking nazi stuff as being a nazi sympathiser.
Another shocker might be that wearing a crown doesn't make one a monarchist.

Batty Krueger

DJ Nailbunny
I don't think it's a good idea unless you want my boot surgically removed from your ass.
And Fallow, I've come across plenty of nazi furs that are racist as shit and were in it for what the nazis did and nothing more. Even if this guy is just in it because he's interested is still fucking dumb. Keep that shit at home.

Last edited:

Smelge

Hey, Assbutt
and dressing as pirates for halloween?

Brutal, murderous, rapist pirates.

Let's not get started on viking helmets.

Owning nazi stuff, dressing up as a nazi etcetera does not automatically mean someone identifies as a nazi.
A personal guess why some people like nazi stuff is that they're widespread as charismatic bad guys in films, stories and games, just like the other unsavoury characters I mentioned. Fiction rather than enjoying the thought of actual concentration camps and racial supermacy.

Seriously, stop confusing liking nazi stuff as being a nazi sympathiser.
Another shocker might be that wearing a crown doesn't make one a monarchist.

Ok, for one thing you can't compare pirates or Vikings to Nazis. Neither one of them were in to ethnic cleansing for one thing. Besides that, unless you're dressing up as Somalian pirates, there is literally nobody alive to have been directly involved with either pirates or vikings. Yeah, it's been 60 odd years, but it was kind of a pretty defining thing there.

And yeah, dressing up as one kind of does show a sympathy for them. If it was a collection or hobby, you wouldn't be trying to show it off to people in public.

Fallowfox

Ok, for one thing you can't compare pirates or Vikings to Nazis. Neither one of them were in to ethnic cleansing for one thing. Besides that, unless you're dressing up as Somalian pirates, there is literally nobody alive to have been directly involved with either pirates or vikings. Yeah, it's been 60 odd years, but it was kind of a pretty defining thing there.

And yeah, dressing up as one kind of does show a sympathy for them. If it was a collection or hobby, you wouldn't be trying to show it off to people in public.

How about cowboys and american soliders from that period? They were responsible for ethnic cleansing, in fact their ethnic cleansing was actually more decimating than the Nazis. British uniforms too are arguably a symbol of colonial rule. The Britons even invented the concentration camp and people affected by the British empire,which was much more widespread than the third reich and commited attrocities on huge scales too, are still alive. Yet still the colours fly over british castles, with british guards dressed in colonial red and bearskin hats imported from the colonies.

Dressing up is just dressing up. It's not subscription to a philosophy. It can be, but it isn't automatically so.
One of my friends is into the whole nazi objects thing. He has a trench coat and nazi helmet and gas mask, which he likes to wear. Does he actually sympathise with nazi views? Pfft as if.

What views exactly do you expect the thead's OP, with their paw-print arm band, to espouse? That all fursuits should be blond and blue eyed?

Smelge

Hey, Assbutt
Right, look.

Nazis are bad. There's no getting around it. I'm not saying that they should be wiped from history, because it's important to remember so it doesn't happen again, but dressing up and pretending to be a Nazi is objectifying the whole thing. Lots of people gave up their lives or were straight up murdered for what or who they were. Yeah, it might be casual or just a bit of fun, but in it's own way thats just as fucking bad as the rest.

I'm not denying the UK has had it's fair share of genocides or whaever, but not anything so widespread or rapid as the Nazi holocaust. It takes most countries decades to murder millions.

I'll ask you, Fallowfox. Have you gone to any of the concentration camps? Seen the direct consequences of the Nazi regime? Something that was so horrific, that pretty much an entire country doesn't even want to remember it happened. Something that left entire towns and villages still abandoned to this day because of the atrocities committed there.

And then you have people who dress up like the perpetrators and parade around in the getup. Because thats not wrong at all.

Fallowfox

Right, look.

Nazis are bad. There's no getting around it. I'm not saying that they should be wiped from history, because it's important to remember so it doesn't happen again, but dressing up and pretending to be a Nazi is objectifying the whole thing. Lots of people gave up their lives or were straight up murdered for what or who they were. Yeah, it might be casual or just a bit of fun, but in it's own way thats just as fucking bad as the rest.

I'm not denying the UK has had it's fair share of genocides or whaever, but not anything so widespread or rapid as the Nazi holocaust. It takes most countries decades to murder millions.

I'll ask you, Fallowfox. Have you gone to any of the concentration camps? Seen the direct consequences of the Nazi regime? Something that was so horrific, that pretty much an entire country doesn't even want to remember it happened. Something that left entire towns and villages still abandoned to this day because of the atrocities committed there.

And then you have people who dress up like the perpetrators and parade around in the getup. Because thats not wrong at all.

Comedy movies and games featuring nazis abound. A person wearing a ficticious nazi costume isn't going to objectify history in comparison.

and nobody gave up their lives to prevent someone wearing a nazi themed fursuit. If anything this sentiment is unreasonable and belittling.

The british empire spread over a quater of the known world. Definitely widespread by my understanding of history.

I've been to Ypres Belgium, although that's a first world war mass grave. In excess of 30,000 burried in one mass plot in the German cemetery and the town of ypres is no older than 80 years, eventhough it appears medieval. The whole thing was bombed to the ground and then painstakingly reconstructed.

In comparison to the horrors of these continent wide massacre events, I'm sure the dead would be glad that you're concerned about a costume in their name.

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake

People like the OP are turning the darkest part of the history of my country into a weird lifestyle thing that either they or the character that they created identifies with in some way. And that makes me throw up in my mouth quite badly.

Fallowfox

People like the OP are turning the darkest part of the history of my country into a weird lifestyle thing that either they or the character that they created identifies with in some way. And that makes me throw up in my mouth quite badly.

Your assumption, that dressing up as a nazi implies identification, is not justified. It could stem from an interest in history, nazi fashion or be fetishistic.
As long as people aren't espousing nazi views there aren't grounds to get worked up over this, and if people are espousing nazi views...well...I won't much care whether they're wearing a uniform or not in such a scenario.

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
Personally, I say no...but that's your choice if you want to wear such a thing to a con.

But, I have seen Nazi furs at Anthrocon before and they did not sport the Swastika (Which is positioned wrong btw :V), and no one really said anything or did anything to them.

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
Your assumption, that dressing up as a nazi implies identification, is not justified. It could stem from an interest in history, nazi fashion or be fetishistic.
As long as people aren't espousing nazi views there aren't grounds to get worked up over this, and if people are espousing nazi views...well...I won't much care whether they're wearing a uniform or not in such a scenario.

As I said, it's about identifying with nazis and turning that into a lifestyle. That is what I hate.
But yeah, Hitler did have a pretty good taste when it comes to uniforms!

Schwimmwagen

Pro tip:

Go german soldier. That means Feldgrau, Balkenkreuz, and Stahlhelm. Wehrmacht/Heer, not Waffen-SS. Get a buddy to go Soviet soldier and have him with you, as if you're in a fursuit and he's your handler. That evens it out a bit. A lot of people are interested in the eastern front so it looks more like historical cosplay - which is what it should be, if you ask me.

Leave the Nazi white supremacist shit elsewhere. No swatstikas, no black, no red, and no brown shirts. And don't fucking Heil Hitler.

Iron Cross would be okay as it's still in use today in some form by the Bundeswehr, but people are idiots and don't quite get it when explained to them.

The best advice I could give you is to drop your Nazi fanaticism altogether. It's okay to be interested in axis history, but holy shit, watch what you're doing.

Oh, and if anyone for whatever reason asks "what are you dressed as?" don't say anything with the word "nazi" in it.

Last edited:

Schwimmwagen

Gibby is that a swastika I spy in your signature perchance?

Yes, yes it is.

The Stahlhelm I have on my desk has one on it too. It's impossible to get one that doesn't have a Swatstika on it unless it's straight from the factory before the decals have been applied. In the context of the old german army, like nearly every WW2 uniform the national flag (in this case, the tiny swatstika) was displayed somewhere on the uniform, such as the hammer/sickle on Russian helmets - both of which were the national flags of german and russia respectively.

So yeah, it's one of those impossible things.

ISNT HISTORY FUN

But really, there's a difference between this guy:

neo-nazi-back_1387347i.jpg

And these re-enactors:

svmgalleryb1019.jpg

The swatstika is displayed on the dude in the middle's helmet, but it is tiny, and it is accompanied by an accurate old Heer uniform. OP, be this guy.