• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

NBC's Community or "Why Are You Not Watching Good TV?" Discussion

Kitsune Inferno

Your Furry-vorite Browser
No Community thread? Let's change that.

Community is a comedy that airs on NBC at 8:00PM ET on Thursdays. It's the story of a study group at a less-than-prestigious community college and their day-to-day antics. The show just entered its third season but it's always been skirting by in ratings, no thanks to the Big Bang Theory and The X-Factor/American Idol murdering its timeslot.

What's great about the show is just how ridiculous it is. But don't take my word for it, take the Hulk's:

http://filmcrithulk.wordpress.com/2...ulk-command-you-to-watch-community-right-now/

Yeah, I'll let him do the talking. He's really persuasive.

And you wouldn't like him when he's angry...

Anyway, this week's episode was a riot. The whole Britta and Chang plot killed me, as well as the Model UN thing. Only the JeffxAnnie stuff is nauseating, but other than that, a fantastic episode.

And nobody's watching it!

(To the folks in charge, if there's a rule against show-specific threads, please move or lock this as you see fit. Thank you.)

Kitsune Inferno

Your Furry-vorite Browser
Not sure what you mean by that, but I at least want to see Season 4 see the light of day and not get canned.

Fay V

Lost to this world
...and you're the only one.
Actually I quite like the show.
I think the problem is a lot of the audience is watching it online. So neilson ratings, or whatever it's called, are not showing how popular it is.

Onnes

I'm surprised sharing a time slot with The Big Bang Theory hasn't killed Community already. No one actually watches it when it airs.

Neybulot

I make you unlucky.
I'm surprised sharing a time slot with The Big Bang Theory hasn't killed Community already. No one actually watches it when it airs.

That's the problem, I think. It seems like America would rather watch stereotypical nerd culture instead of a show with an actual base on nerd culture that parodies real life.

I quite enjoy Community myself, and I'm hoping it continues for at least another season or two.

Eske

Don't believe the mask...
The Big Bang Theory is utterly repulsive, but I really just don't find Community that entertaining. I wanted to like it because of Joel McHale, but it just doesn't grab me. I appreciate the more down-to-earth character designs, but I find that the actual humor of the show just seems so tired and contrived. I don't know, I might just have a really offbeat sense of humor.

ChaosKyuubi

Either Community or Parks and Creation is my favorite live-action comedy right now. Both are amazing, and I agree, I can't stand shows like Big Bang Theory. It's like "We said Star Trek! Hilarious!"-nerd humor as opposed the thought out satire of nerd culture that Community is. I think my favorite episodes were the paintball ones, those were a great distillation of action movie tropes. Plus, the show is hilarious, that's usually a big deal for me when it comes to comedies...