• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Near Death Experiences

Korex

Twilight Thorn
Well...if any of you are willing to share. If it's to painful to say it then i'm fine with that.

My near death experience was loss of air aka Drowning. It all started in one regular summer day, just me and the entire family chilling out and stuff. So later on my cousins challenged me who's like the good swimmer and fastest. I accepted it and then we went to the beach. I had a good start but i didn't notice that was going to the deeper part of the waters of the beach. I heard my cousins yelling out that i'm going to far away from the shore. I tried to swim back but i can't, cuz i realized that water current was too strong and i was just being pulled back near in the deep...then..
well i guess you guys know what happens next when you get hit by a wave thrasing you down in the water...:( sorry if i can't finish it..

Telnac

Fundamentalist Heretic
Not quite a near death experience but I can relate to being hit by a wave & it damned near killing you. When I was 8 & living in Santa Monica, CA I visited the beach a lot. (It was in easy walking distance, why not?) Once, a wave hit me from behind and I simply wasn't ready for it. It turned me upside down and the undercurrent dragged me out. I swam toward what I thought was the surface, only to hit the sea floor just as my air was starting to run out. Panic set in, and I couldn't find the strength to surface.

That's when a lifeguard grabbed my leg and pulled me up out of the water. To this day, I have no clue how he got there that fast, unless he happened to be standing right there next to me or something!

Even since then, I wanted nothing to do with the beach. Even the smell of the ocean turns my stomach.

Lambzie

I have been electrocuted a couple of times but the correct was always around the safe 0.02 – 0.03 amps mark. Enough to make muscles twitch but never over that. Anything over 0.06 -0.07 can and will KILL (DO NOT PLAY WITH) it’s the current that kills never the volts.(something people never get right)

Korex

Twilight Thorn
Not quite a near death experience but I can relate to being hit by a wave & it damned near killing you. When I was 8 & living in Santa Monica, CA I visited the beach a lot. (It was in easy walking distance, why not?) Once, a wave hit me from behind and I simply wasn't ready for it. It turned me upside down and the undercurrent dragged me out. I swam toward what I thought was the surface, only to hit the sea floor just as my air was starting to run out. Panic set in, and I couldn't find the strength to surface.

That's when a lifeguard grabbed my leg and pulled me up out of the water. To this day, I have no clue how he got there that fast, unless he happened to be standing right there next to me or something!

Even since then, I wanted nothing to do with the beach. Even the smell of the ocean turns my stomach.

Well...i could say my story it's a bit close to your story Telnac

Suzaba

Shy and Mighty
I was on a roller coaster at Six Flags Amusement Park. There was an old guy a couple rows back of my car (? don't really know what you call them) who died of a heart attack during the run. Technically I was near death, wasn't I?

Jashwa

I almost drowned in a pool when I was a little kid. My cousin jumped in and saved me though.

lilEmber

Small Dragon
Almost got pushed into a car moving at about 70 km/h, managed to keep my balance for just a split second before falling onto the road just as the car past. I didn't even see the car.

While racing snowmobiles, specifically sno cross, I've had one serious accident where I came down on a yesman a little harder than I thought, I screwed up the jump and all my forward momentum went upward tossing me off and rolling the sled onto my leg. No biggie, then another racer and his 700 pound sled landed on mine shattering my ankle. The tracks were studded, it was heading towards my head with full throttle (these things can easily move at 110mp/h, think about how fast that thing is spinning with those tungsten carbide teeth), thankfully the driver was tossed off and the kill cord pulled out, turning off the motor and stopping the track instantly just as it touched my helmet, it would of killed me instantly.

One time on sandy pond me and my little sister were swimming, this is a man made pond and it's pretty much waist deep the entire length, however in one spot it had sunk down very deep and she wasn't good at swimming, slipped into it when we were racing and she just went down and didn't come back up. I was only like ten, maybe nine and I didn't even think twice; I dove down and I grabbed her with one arm and swam as best I could with the other, we surfaced and got air but I was nowhere near strong or agile enough to swim at all, I had to let her go and save my self or keep going and possibly kill us both, we were far away from shore. Then a sailing boat came by, I have no idea how it suddenly appeared next to us, small one man craft made of mostly rubber, and it had a dangling rope in the water. I grabbed it and held on for dear life until we were safely away from the pit and could stand.

I've mentioned the whole having to save somebody who basically got shot in the face point blank next to me, it could have been me and I was near death. It's the only time I've seen somebody die in front of me, or what I presume was death. (I don't know exactly, his gun malfunctioned and the slide and other bits blew back into his head, me and two people knew first aid and did what we could until an ambulance arrived, don't know if he lived or died).

A few other snowmobile accidents, drag racing and somebody in another lane crossing over into mine at 120+ mp/h, they're not suppose to cross over and it's not hard to stay in your own lane. It's rare, it's dangerous, one person ended up in the hospital for a while because of such an incident.

Fuck I've had a lot of these...there's a few more too but these are the "real" ones where death was seriously possible.

Last edited:

ArielMT

'Net Help Desk
I was struck by lightning once. Although it had plenty of voltage, enough to blind me for a second or two, it had no real current. It was a failed riser that flashed when the main bolt struck a km or two away.

I've also taken 120VAC on three separate occasions. The only thing that saved me was that the current path was from thumb to finger on the same hand. On the first occasion, I was working at a video arcade and had to reach blindly behind a malfunctioning prize game to unplug it. It had a hospital plug wired on the end of the cord, and it was so improperly wired at the plug that the shielding didn't reach all the way inside the plug. How it avoided arcing even once, I'll never know.

Holsety

Almost drowned at the beach when I was younger, I accidentally swam too far away from everyone else and started getting pulled out. A lifeguard saved me and dropped me back on the beach (still conscious) a rather long ways away from where I was, after walking back to where my family was no one even noticed I was gone :V

twelvestring

The howling wolf
Same as Telnac and Korex, pissed me off because I kick ass in the water.

Surfing at pipeline and just happened to get sucked into one of those under water caves
when I got tumbled. By the time I realized where I was, half my air was gone. I got to
the surface just in time to exhale before the next wave tumbled me again but with no
air this time. If there was even one more wave I wouldn't have made it. I flopped on to
my board dry heaving and floated out to sea for about ten minutes before I could move.

the_donut_master

Om Nom Nom Nom
Almost got hit on the crosswalk in front of our house last year. The walk counter was ticking away, she ran the red light, then cussed ME out. Go figure >.>

Clutch

I almost got swepted out in the ocean... And the fucking life guards didn't do anything about it so.... My cousin jumped in and save me.....

Unsilenced

Mentlegen

I have never had a "near death experience" in the usual sense (life flashes before eyes, see a light, etc. etc. etc) but I have been in situations where I could fairly easily sustain a lethal injury.

Two come to mind, both were while bouldering (rock climbing without a rope.) The first one probably only seemed near-death because I was a little kid, but a more recent experience could most definitely have ended badly.

south syde dobe

4th Elite General
I nearly died when I was a baby (was really sick but I can't remember why) and when I was 8 I had some nasty food poisoning and had to go to the hospital and I got hit by a car going 60 before though I don't think that counts since it grazed the right side of my body and there wasn't any broken bones :\

I wouldn't say it was scary or traumatizing to me though, I guess I don't really care too much lmao xD

Last edited:

Kelsh

I don't know. I choke on things a lot because I eat food pretty fast. I was in a car accident not too long ago.

If this counts, I have a lot of out of body experiences. I can't say I enjoy them or not.

Catilda Lily

May all your bacon burn.
almost drowned swimming through rappids for training. i was at the point where i could have just let it all go.

Haru-Wolf

ど偉い
Let's see:

-Almost drowned
-Involved in a Car accident
-Hanged myself while noone was around and eventually broke the noose (talk about crazy!)

I wasn't suicidal when I almost hanged myself, it apparently was a stupid dare I did when I was 11

I

Ishnuvalok

My near death experience was loss of air aka Drowning.

Actually, it's called "asphyxia". Drowning is what happens when your lungs fill with liquid. But the ultimate cause of death from drowning is asphyxia.

OT: I've been in a car crash before, was real scary. Crashing into a street sign at over 100km/h isn't fun. Especially when you're sitting in the middle in the back and you expect to find yourself getting hurled out of the windshield.

Last edited by a moderator:
lets see here... so many to count... i'm one lucky son of a bitch...
shall we start from the top?

rope broke when i tried to hang myself, this was when i was around 12, fell on ice, sharp jagged ice that is, right on my neck at age 12 as well... this was a while before my suicide attempt, uhh... nearly got hit by a car when i was 13, car broke down and ssteering got locked and missed me by an inch... guy in the car said I was the luckiest person he's ever seen... again, when i was 13, tripped, fell on a knife, the knife broke and never even hurt my skin. 13 again, I nearly drowned, well killed by being drowned... 14... I still look back and get scared from this, I was in hospital, being given chemo for the cancer that I had, keyword had its all gone now, and my last drug of the day was about 30 seconds from killing me when nurses finally came in to stop it... and I should've died from an electric shock not too long ago. and there are many others that I forget lol.... so many times nearly dead and I'm only 15...

Ik1994

well my near death experience was I think when I was four I would climb up many things one time when i was climbing up a tree and I slipped lucally someone near by caught me

X

The Monster Under Your Bed
when i was 10 i stepped into a hornet nest, i was completely surrounded and got stung a lot, luckily my dad was somewhere nearby and pulled me away before it got lethal.

and just a year or two ago i had a pygmy rattlesnake a half inch from my foot when i was trying to take my tent down on a scout backpacking trip, we were a 45 min hike away from the parked cars and the parking lot itself was at least 20 minutes to the nearest hospital; if the snake got me i would have probably died.

ChickO'Dee

got dropped on the concrete pool deck and into the deep end of the pool when i was like...5. not really near death, but it could have ended badly >> its scary to think about really. i landed face first, and could have cracked my head open ^^

Unsilenced

Mentlegen
Boy...

Threads like this make my life seem really lame. :|