• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Forum Necroing a Hiring thread isn't against the rules?

zenmaldita

always hungry
Reported some posts necroing threads from 2019 and they were rejected because it's not against the rules? Since when?
If the OP themselves necros the thread and expresses that they want new replies, then hooray I guess. Otherwise, I find this confusing because it just bumps up an old Hiring ad, gets people's hopes up, wastes time, and clutters the forums.

I'm sorry if this isn't the place to ask this, but I gotta know.

TyraWadman

The Brutally Honest Man-Child
As long as you can still contribute to it in a meaningful way, and aren't looking to cause trouble/spam it's allowed, from what I understand.

Though I have seen people bumping ads that are closed/the owner has expressed they are no longer looking and I get how that would be super frustrating.

luffy

Administrator
Staff member
No, it's not against the rules. We do typically lock them when seen, however.

quoting_mungo

Could we kindly get an official statement/announcement of this and similar changes to unwritten rules etc when they happen, in the future? Like, necro posting had been a no-no on the forum for as long as I’m aware of, so I was pretty surprised when I got a “not against rules” response a while back, especially since it had been enforced up until that point.

zenmaldita

always hungry
Could we kindly get an official statement/announcement of this and similar changes to unwritten rules etc when they happen, in the future? Like, necro posting had been a no-no on the forum for as long as I’m aware of, so I was pretty surprised when I got a “not against rules” response a while back, especially since it had been enforced up until that point.
My thoughts exactly. It's been a rule to not necro anything dusty since ...forever. I remember seeing mods appear on the thread and warn us about it back then too. This is just odd.

Just saying it's not against the rules feel very unprofessional to me. What are the parameters of locking and allowing a thread to go on?