• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Need a lot of help creating a reference sheet for a partial fursuit

Now I'm not planning on actually commissioning for a while - and when I do, I will need a lot of help with that as well because I'm very intimidated by that concept.

However, at the very least I want to make sure that when I'm finally ready (maybe next year), I have a ref sheet that works and will satisfy the fursuit maker.

www.furaffinity.net: Ref sheet - Faulkner the Lop Rabbit by PlanetDeadwing

This is a very basic version of a ref sheet. As you can it is clearly missing a lot of information.

What I request is this: I want you to list all the information I'm missing that is 100% required, and if possible, explain whether or not it would preferable to request a better ref sheet from an artist.

I'm very unsure as to how much information they need and the general quality of the drawings. I do not know if what I've drawn is enough. If it is not, I would require links to fursuit ref sheet creators who can add those details.

I am unsure as to whether I need to label each individual aspect of the drawing.

Note that this is a partial consisting of a head and paws. I am not currently looking to commission feet or a tail - those will be for the future.

As much as help as possible would be fantastic and I would be very grateful for it. :)

It's a shame that no-one has responded to this so far. I guess I may have to try again in the future.

For now, I'll stick with a premade. Better than nothing.

Asderat

Bugs' Rights Activist
I would personally get a ref sheet from an artist if you want details to be exactly right, but your ref honestly isn't that bad. I feel as if a maker would be able to work with as long as you're okay with a little bit of artistic freedom on their part.

However, I would recommend drawing an entire body (yourself) and placing the parts on the body so the maker has a sense of scale. Otherwise, you may get sizing that would not satisfy you.

I would personally get a ref sheet from an artist if you want details to be exactly right, but your ref honestly isn't that bad. I feel as if a maker would be able to work with as long as you're okay with a little bit of artistic freedom on their part.

However, I would recommend drawing an entire body (yourself) and placing the parts on the body so the maker has a sense of scale. Otherwise, you may get sizing that would not satisfy you.

I'm now getting a ref sheet made by the concept artist employed by Blue Fox Fursuits, who I hope to get a commission slot from in June :)

Also, here's Faulkner's entire body:

www.furaffinity.net: Faulkner the Lop Rabbit by PlanetDeadwing