• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Need for Speed: Carbon

Rhainor

Rawr.
Silverdragon00 said:
It's a Mazda RX-8

{sighs with relief} Good. I hate front-drive cars, and Wenkel Rotary engines are always welcome.

As for rims, I can't stand rims that have more surface area than open space. Personally, I like 7-spoke rims like the Konig Blatant.

my fav rims are not in this game heck my fav brand aint in this game which is >Tezzen< (struck) rims.

hey um have you guys noticed how hard unlocking the dumptruck is gonna be? and i can't imagine it being very good in a race except by running everyone over with it.

check your reward cards silver. it tells you how to unlock a bunch of cars, parts, and other things. the dumptruck is super hard to get as you will have to fill your entire garage with nothing but tuners to get the first card. then you have to get rid of ALL of them and fill it again with nothing but exotics to get the second card. you shall also need to score 500,000 points in a single drift race in career mode for the third and i forget what you need for the fourth card. i also don't have time to look cuz i just lost my first canyon race because i was overtaken due to my car getting stuck in a glitch and now i have to re-race the lousy bastard in the city again to get another shot at the canyon only to wonder if i'll get stuck by that same glitch again. what fun that will be. further more my territory has fallen under attack and i must defend it before taking another attempt at that lousy first boss.

Silverdragon00

Banned
Banned
I like those canyon races with the boss, I find them fun. It's cool that you can automatically win if you pass them and stay there for 10 secounds, I have done that once, almost 4 times.

wait really? if i pass him at the beginning i automatically win the race? dude that rox and sux at the same time cuz well that means i can beat him easily now that i know that. you see i kept getting to close to passing him and thought i would lose if i did since the purpose was to stay as close behind as possible. i purposely kept slowing down so as not to pass him. (man i'm dumb sometimes)

oh and the glitch i hit was actually one of those wooden rail that break instantly. i hit one but didn't go over the edge yet somehow my car just stopped instantly and would not move another inch from that spot till i had lost. if i knew about that earlier i wouldn't even have had to deal with that lil problem at all. oh well the money i got from the first boss race plus the defense race gave me almost enough money to upgrade my transmission so he won't stand a chance next time.

Silverdragon00

Banned
Banned
blackdragoon said:
wait really? if i pass him at the beginning i automatically win the race? dude that rox and sux at the same time cuz well that means i can beat him easily now that i know that. you see i kept getting to close to passing him and thought i would lose if i did since the purpose was to stay as close behind as possible. i purposely kept slowing down so as not to pass him. (man i'm dumb sometimes)

yes but remember, you must hold that position for 10 seconds, otherwise you just get a lot of points.

and btw I'm not sure that is a glitch, I think it was made to be that way because it happens to me a lot.

i like the skeleton vinyl myself. i also like how you can manipulate vinyls so much without having to pay extra like with the autosculpt feature. speaking of which that thing rox too. you say you have a problem with big spoilers silver? well then make them smaller with that feature.

ahh yeah baby i just totally stomped that loser!! and on top of that i got his pink slip on my first guess plus an extra $8,000 cash on my second guess. i like how when you beat him you unlock the aston martin DB9 for purchase but if you get his pinkslip you get a highly pimped out version of the same car with room for improvement for free!!! yay me! what a lucky guess that was.

I bought the Collector's Edition for my brother on Friday and I haven't had the chance to even touch the PS2 all weekend.

Rhainor

Rawr.
blackdragoon said:

Yeah. You lose 5,000 points (IIRC) every time you touch him in the first leg, but if you get ahead and stay there for 10 seconds, you instantly win the entire event. By the same token, if he passes you in the second leg and stays ahead for 10 seconds, you lose.

blackdragoon said:
oh and the glitch i hit was actually one of those wooden rail that break instantly. i hit one but didn't go over the edge yet somehow my car just stopped instantly and would not move another inch from that spot till i had lost. if i knew about that earlier i wouldn't even have had to deal with that lil problem at all.

That's a glitch.

Silverdragon00

Banned
Banned
*Silver goes insane*

HOW THE HELL DO I UNLOCK THE PLYMOUTH ROADRUNNER, PONTIAC GTO AND THE REST OF THESE CARS!!!!!!!!!

It is driving me nuts, I beat career mode, looked in the rewards cards, and the rewards from the challenge series, and there is no mention on how to get these cars, it's making me mad!!!!!!

um silver if those are really in this game then i'm guessing that they might be unlockable only on the xbox/360 versions of the game since those versions have special bonuses you can download via xbox live marketplace. also there are additional game modes that are available as well. ofcourse i could be wrong as this is just a guess but i could be right maybe.

and besides what do you want those for anyway? if you really beat the game then you should try for the firetruck since one of its reward card requirements is that you beat career mode. either that or try for the police rhino cuz it rocks the house.

Silverdragon00

Banned
Banned
No, they are on the PS2

1. There is a list of all the cars from a site dedicated to NFS. the site also says at this point in time, some of the cars are unlockable, but no one knows how to

2. You actually use the Roadrunner in one of the challenges.

btw I have the firetruck, it sucks canal water, but the police civic cruiser is good

yah i thought so rhainor. and silver why not try for the dumptruck? i'm gonna try for it so i can just run over my opponents in a race...further i can just imagine what it would be like to race 2 firetrucks and nothing else in one of the canyons.....i can only wonder the kind of difficulty it would have.

Rhainor

Rawr.
Friend of mine got the BlackBox version of Carbon for his birthday earlier this week. Just today I started a file with it; ran a few races, took over an area, got in a couple o' cop chases, ran my first drift event (circuit drift), and just got my second crew member.

foreverwhiteknight

Floppy Disks!
I got this game late Monday night (technically tuesday, cuz it was after midnight).. and right now.. all I gotta do to beat career mode is beat Darius.. >.>;; short game haha

I love my Charger R/T though :D

Thought I've went through a lot of things.. I started with the Camaro, got the Charger, then got the RX-7.. I bought a Clio along the way too haha.

I'm tryin to save up to get a McLaren (sp?) to beat Darius ^^; I can't take him with my Charger lol.

Dervacor

^^ Glad to see it's well recieved. I played a small role in the programming side of this thing. Also helped with Most Wanted... Just as a university coop employee, but still. Nifty nifty. Always neat to see appreciation.