• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Need for Speed: Carbon

foreverwhiteknight

Floppy Disks!
Rhainor said:
Keep in mind the Career mode isn't the whole game. There's also the Challenge Series, parts of which can be f*cking hard.

And then there's multiplayer...

yeah, I beat all the bronze Challenge Series, and some of the silver. I havn't been able to beat the gold ones yet though. I'm really good at the canyon racing, but I can't seem to beat the gold canyon one haha ^^;

I started over again under Exotic, this time actually driving to all the races instead of jumping to them, trying to make it last longer. I must say I was impressed by the this Alfa Romeo.. I didn't expect it to be good.. or to be AWD :lol:

and some of these reward cards are super hard trying to get :twisted:

i started with exotics as well cuz i like cars that are fast and can actually steer while maintaining enough stability to keep from flipping over. the muscle cars may look cool but they all suck and so do the tuners. the exotics are the fastest from what i have seen. i currently am up to the same point you are white knight, all i have to do is beat darius.

ofcourse i'm gonna do it with my fully maxed out porsch carrera gt which is badass. it's better than the mc laren that you are after. they both have the same exact price of $216,000 but the Mc laren has higher acceleration and the carrera has higher handling. it all comes down to which you want more i suppose. you know you need to steer to win a canyon race since you have no speedbreaker. and the carerra has the best steering of all the vehicles when it's maxed out that i have seen. (on the stats screen the handling meter maxes out at about 96% with the top speed around 98% and the accelaration around 92%) i won every drift race including the canyon ones with that car very easily.

so um yah i like that car alot. as if you couldn't tell....

ha i almost beat that one too silver. i got up to 28/30 cops before i was busted. i just had 2 more to go i was so close.

if only the game would let you use any vehicle you had in career mode for these challenges.

Rhainor

Rawr.
Each of the three car classes has one aspect in which it's better than the others. Muscle cars have ridiculous acceleration, Exotics have blistering top-speed, and Tuners can corner like they're on rails.

Silverdragon00

Banned
Banned
And each also has a weakness. The Tuners struggle somewhat in speed, the Muscle cars suffer in handling, and the Exotics have a small problem with acceleration (but not by much). Rally, the Exotics have the best overall stats.

hey silver don't forget you can tune those car parts to make up for weaknesses like that. with tuners set them up for top speed by adjusting the engine transmission nitro and turbo accordingly. for the muscle cars set them up for steering by adjusting the tires for grip while setting the suspension for under steering and setting the brakes to a somewhat rear bias. as for the exotics all you need to do is set up the engine for horsepower, the transmission for acceleration, the suspension for over steering with the tires for grip and the brakes for a front bias with the turbo set for high rpms as that will help you to achieve maximum control at high speeds which is what the exotics are good for while at the same time having a pretty good acceleration rate. also don't forget to autosculp your wheels to make them as wide as possible. forget looks just make them the widest it will let you make them so as to gain as much stability as possible, it will help to keep you from flipping over.

Silverdragon00

Banned
Banned
meh, it doesn't matter to me anyways, I have not used a tuner yet, excluding in the challenge series where you have no choice.

And there is no need to inform me of all the mechanics and such, I know a lot about cars and setting them up. That's one of the main reasons why I am virtually undefeatable in NASCAR games, excluding when someone wrecks me on purpose. I can take a terrible handling or underpowered car, and win with it as it is or be able to set it up right.

it wasn't so much for you as it was for anyone else reading this thread. i know you know about cars silver. *thinks back to that one night you wouldn't shutup about them...not that i mind ofcourse >.>*

Rhainor

Rawr.
Silverdragon00 said:
And each also has a weakness. The Tuners struggle somewhat in speed, the Muscle cars suffer in handling, and the Exotics have a small problem with acceleration (but not by much). Rally, the Exotics have the best overall stats.

Bah, that's your opinion. Give me my Skyline, and access to the same parts, and I'll take on anybody, in any car, on any course.

foreverwhiteknight

Floppy Disks!
Haha oh I beat Darius finally. I worked up and got that McLaren and totally destroyed him on the first try. The only thing I had to restart was the canyon duel with him because I flew off the side :oops:

The first time through I started with Muscle because I'm not big on tuners (Especially the Teir 1 ones) and I thought the Alfa Romeo for Exotic was ugly (still kinda do :D but it makes up for it) so I went with the Camaro. I can handle the bad handling, I needed the great acceleration. I ended up buying a few non-muscles but only kept them a little while. Once I beat Angie and her Charger I kept it and beat everything else except like two races with it. When I went to race Darius my Charger killed the prelem thing but once it came to him it couldn't keep up with the Audi, and neither could the other Tier 3 muscle so I went with the McLaren. At that point my best choices were the McLaren or the Viper and I tried both in Quick Race and the McLaren just seemed to fit.

Of course since I didn't start as Exotic that time, I didn't have the Porsche available until after I beat Darius :lol: This time I tried Exotics though cuz I didn't wanna repeat Muscle and I didn't wanna touch Tuner yet, I had enough Tuner in Most Wanted. :p

that porsche has a high pitched engine sound. seriously it sounds very strange but you get used to it after a few races.

Rhainor

Rawr.
blackdragoon said:
that porsche has a high pitched engine sound. seriously it sounds very strange but you get used to it after a few races.

The Carerra GT was my main car in Most Wanted once I got it. Part of the reason I like it so much is 'cause it sounds like a friggin' Formula 1 car. I think it's got either a V-10 or a V-12; either way it's got lots of fairly small cylinders instead of fewer really big cylinders like the Muscle cars (and the Skyline, which has a massive Inline-6 engine).

Silverdragon00

Banned
Banned
blackdragoon said:

yes, it sounds exactly like a damn open wheel car, which is one of the things I hate about it

Ruiner

think it's got either a V-10 or a V-12

The CarreraGT has a rear-mounted 5.7 litre V-10 with about 605Horses. 435 lb-ft. at around 6,000 rpm.

By the way, Silver, you know you love open-wheel racing, you know its better than a 500-mile-long left turn!

Silverdragon00

Banned
Banned
Meh, different strokes for different folks. Some people find the left turn only racing interesting, while others enjoy the variety in open wheel.

I would rather there be a couple more road course race in NASCAR, but it's no big deal to me

Ruiner

Correction: The Carrera GT's engine is REAR MIDSHIP mounted.

Refleximage

Hmmm, I might have to pick this up.

I played the hell out of NFSU & NFSU2 and my favorite part was making the sweetest looking ride in the whole city. I guess that's the artist in me. You should totally be able to add your own graphics into the game and put them on your car one of these days.

I could not be beaten in the Audi TT on NFSU2. As long as my beloved TT is in there I'll buy it...after Christmas.

There was a thread for this?! lol

Well i have the game for the PS2 and i like it alot. Its like the best parts of NFS:MW mixed with NFSU2 which is great! I love the muscle cars especially the GT500! The level of cusomization options is pretty sweet too! I liked the canyon races and the drifting was more fun than ever! It was pretty obvious that EA was just trying to cash in on the success of The Fast And The Furious: Tokyo Drift without actually paying for an official licence but thats ok since the actual game for the movie sucked apparently.

Only problem i had with the game was the level of comprimises made to run it on the PS2. Whole races and cars were taken out of the game, same goes for the regular Xbox and GC versions. I have the PC version as well (i came into its posession via a different manner ;) ) so i got my next-gen NFS fix from that version so i didnt really miss out on anything.

The frame-rate coulda been better for the PS2 though, but its EA and they rarely offer us quality, optimized games so you gotta take their product with a pinch of salt i guess.

I got the Collector's Edition for PC myself. Looking to grab it for my PSP as well. Unfortunately I don't play the PC version much because something with Vista is making it run slow, probly Direct X10 and/or my nvidia drivers. Took me forever and a day to get it installed though, back when my PC was running XP Pro Corp I actually had to copy the disc to my harddrive and deleted the direct x install folder to get it to install.

Ugh, sorry for late post. Yeah, very late one.

Why so many people were so excited? THis game totaly sucks, i really hate it. It is game for kids, I completed it in 4,5 - 5 hours. Worst of all NFS series. Absolutely unplayable physics, killed drift, killed car setup, killed chases. Too easy, i overtook most of bosses. Boring. And i really sorry that EA is getting money for publushing this shit.