• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Need Help Choosing A Species

ZoeyTheTiny

I’m rather new to the entire furry community but have been actively interested for a few years. I am currently trying to figure out a species to use that matches the personality I’m looking for. Im wanting a mentally strong female that’s rather bratty and evil. A dictator of her own region. I’d also want her to be short and weak also submissive if challenged enough. Have no idea what species to use but that’s sort of the most basic form of her personality. I’ve experimented with dogs and monkies but looking for more ideas. Thank you!

AcerbicSeth

Tetched In The Head
Hello!
If you're doing an evil dog--definitely a chihuahua. They're the most evil beings on the planet.

A suggestion from me would be a caracal, though.
They're a medium-small sized cat, and could be drawn to look pretty evil.
Detective Tyno will probably be through here to tell you to be a manokit :V

You could always browse through here for inspiration, too:
forums.furaffinity.net: What kinds of animals do you wanna see more in the fandom?

Don't feel like you have to choose a super unique species, though.
I went with a fox even though they're super common... >.>

Last edited:

Unknownusa

Just some casually chaotic raccoon
I’m rather new to the entire furry community but have been actively interested for a few years. I am currently trying to figure out a species to use that matches the personality I’m looking for. Im wanting a mentally strong female that’s rather bratty and evil. A dictator of her own region. I’d also want her to be short and weak also submissive if challenged enough. Have no idea what species to use but that’s sort of the most basic form of her personality. I’ve experimented with dogs and monkies but looking for more ideas. Thank you!

So I don't have too much of an idea because I had the problem that I have too many characteristics I wanted to put in one. Best thing to start is to find how you want to appear in your fursona (I mean chracteristics, what you seem to have figured out by now). Also I often was told to just choose an animal I like. That whole "resemble exactly what you are with your fursona" isn't 100% accurate.

Kathy the reindeer

*Sips hot chocolate* Hais!
Well I'm not sure, but I think a gerbil would be a good fit for this. Though cute and fluffy, gerbils can be downright ferocious for something so small.

Keefur

aka Cutter Cat
Definitely a cat or small feline of some sort.

Stadt

Eeriee the Wendigo
Hyena

ConorHyena

road warrior
Especially female spotted hyenas are a force to be reckoned with *shivers*

Hey there Zoey, so Im new to the community as well and actually just completed my first official fursona. What came to my mind instantly upon reading your description was a opossum. I'm not entirely sure why, but it could be a fun dynamic that you could use that she was tired of leaving in fear and going "possum" and so she manipulated her way into power, but if she's pushed to far she freezes and shuts down. You could also be a goat, goats are evil... Have you seen their eyes!... nope not playing around with a goat, they also play possum hah.

Hello!
If you're doing an evil dog--definitely a chihuahua. They're the most evil beings on the planet.
Totally agree! There was a chihuahua in my childhood neighborhood that everyone thought was satan’s.
Though the neighbors were really nice :) it’s just the dog that terrified us :p

I’d go ahead and go with what you said if your looking for an evil dog, though Dobermans come to mind to me for some reason