• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Need Help creating my first fursona

Deegan Rin

Certified Distributor of Quality Boops
So I'm super new to the world of furrys and fursonas and I've always been interested in bringing the me that hides away into the light. I don't necessarily think of myself as a furry but I've always been interested in creating a fursona. My own personal alter ego. A more true to myself version then what everyone else sees. I have no idea where to start and honestly could use some help. I'm in the PST time zone and just got off of a long graveyard shift so I may not reply right away because I might be sleeping. Thanks for taking the time to respond and help someone out.

Skittles

Queen of FaF. Empress of Fløøf.
Well! A good start would be to figure an animal you like :3 Or that you feel a kinship towards. Then see if it fits your personality. Then go from there ^^

A

Axel_is_Crafty

Just try to think of an animal you like,or just try to think of a cool concept for a character.The personality your sona has is completely up to you.Most people give their fursona traits they have in real life,plus traits they wish they had.Others make their fursona their polar opposite! You have to make sure to give them a name that suits them,or just your own name,if you want it to be a reflection of you. My fursona is called Axel,because they love to build and invent things,and an axle is a component in things that have wheels.I just spelled it differently because it looked nicer.
-edit.i just discovered the name Axel means 'the father is peace' in a biblical sense,but I'm not very religious,so I might change it back to Axle-
In the end,you can make it however way you want to,and you can always change your fursona whenever you see fit.
I hope this sort of helped :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Sledge_Husky 04

Why is it snowing?
Ok so I am kinda in the same situation here. I took those quizzes, and for me it looks like a husky. one said a tiger, but i cant stand any types of cats lol. im very new to the fandom in the sense of making it known that i want to be a furry, but i have kept it to my self for almost 2 years now. the reason i bring this up is i want to make a really good sona and commission a suit, but i cant just do that and have no one know lol. any advice is much appriciated!!!

Trevorbluesquirrel

Ok so I am kinda in the same situation here. I took those quizzes, and for me it looks like a husky. one said a tiger, but i cant stand any types of cats lol. im very new to the fandom in the sense of making it known that i want to be a furry, but i have kept it to my self for almost 2 years now. the reason i bring this up is i want to make a really good sona and commission a suit, but i cant just do that and have no one know lol. any advice is much appriciated!!!

You could try looking on Youtube for the vids with titles like ''HOW TO TELL PEOPLE YOU'RE A FURRY!''

But honestly, everybody makes a big deal about ''coming out as a furry'', but its not a sexuality, its a hobby, and simply means you're interested in something, and want to express it!

Finding any local furry meets close to you would be a good start!

Or, keep it to yourself online if you're not ready for anyone else to know!

Try these videos if anyone has questions!

As far as commissioning a fursuit.........................

1. You may want to wait until you finish growing, at least 18 - 21, so you won't outgrow a costume!

2. Since they cost thousands of dollars, if you're not gonna make your own, you should start saving up.

3. Once you reach 18, you'll have more options for what you spend money on, and where you live, so it may be easier then!

In the meantime, you could look into trying out a mascot costume, or getting a kigurumi, or just ears and a tail!

And if you can make it to a con in 2020, definitely do it!

Keefur

aka Cutter Cat
I greatly appriciate the insight!! what are the best cons to go to in the us? i dont want to go to a lame one that will waste my time lolll
It depends on what your goals are. You can go to big cons and feel "more entertained", or you can go to small cons for a more personal/friend making experience.

Sledge_Husky 04

Why is it snowing?
Also i wouldn't make a deal of it, but i have a feeling that if i told my mother i wanted to go somwhere to chill around with a bunch of furries she would be curious and question me, and i dont wnat that :)

Keefur

aka Cutter Cat
Idk. i live in colorado/southern california so what are some more personal (smaller) ones in those areas?
I'm in Memphis, so I have never been to a Cali Con. There are many cons out there. I suggest you get involved with a local group and ask them. Also, it is better to already have friends at a con because a lot of the fun of going to a con is being able to share the experience with others.

Trevorbluesquirrel

Also i wouldn't make a deal of it, but i have a feeling that if i told my mother i wanted to go somwhere to chill around with a bunch of furries she would be curious and question me, and i dont wnat that :)

It would be natural to have questions, hence the videos I linked above!

They should answer most questions!

I've only been to my home con, FUR EH, so you'll have to get advice from other helpful furs!

But here's a con list!

List of conventions by attendance - WikiFur, the furry encyclopedia

Deegan Rin

You could try those online fursona quizzes to get ideas!

Just don't rush the process, took me 5 months to get my OC guy created!

I think these 2 are really good!

https://www.quotev.com/quiz/514094/What-is-your-Fursona

www.gotoquiz.com: What Kind Of Animal Should Your Fursona Be?

These 2 were ok also!

www.allthetests.com: What's your fursona?

uquiz.com: An idea for your fursona!

If you wanna share, would love to hear the results!
Each quiz gave me something different but I got dog,deer,rabbit, and another deer

Deegan Rin

I have no idea why but a certain name has been swirling around in my head these last couple of days so I think I atleast have a name picked out. Nothing fancy but it feels right. Deegan. Just kept hearing it. This one stuck with me.

Skittles

I have no idea why but a certain name has been swirling around in my head these last couple of days so I think I atleast have a name picked out. Nothing fancy but it feels right. Deegan. Just kept hearing it. This one stuck with me.

Sounds good! =D Roll with it!

Skittles

sounds cool. i have had the name sledge in my head... i like it. what do y'all think?

Sounds like something! Going for a big strong Sona? :D