• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Need help deciding animal for fursona.

Neocanth

The Capranine
I've been into furries for quite a while now, I love everything about them, but more than anything I love the wonderful community. I was thinking a little while ago, and I decided that it's about time I create a fursona and get more into the community, so i made this account. So now i need a fursona. My first question at hand is what animal I should be, and I don't want to take this decision lightly. I like to think of myself as smart, funny, and happy. I'm very curious, I can be crazy at times, and other times I can be an extremely affectionate, loving, and caring person. I love music so much, and I spend time each day listening to it, mostly EDM. So I guess now I'm just asking for feedback from you guys. Thanks!

Edit: Just keep the ideas coming guys, I'll take every opinion I can get!
Edit 2: I have chosen my species, and its a goat-wolf hybrid, thank you for all the help guys, and I would still love to hear what you have to say about my fursona!

Last edited:

PrincessParrot

800 Salted Almonds
Last edited:

Neocanth

The Capranine
Thanks for the suggestion! I'm going to add this to my list of possibilities, and I'm glad you said that because it never even occurred to me that I might want to be an avian.

PrincessParrot

800 Salted Almonds
More birdsonas 2k15

WolfNightV4X1

King of Kawaii; That Token Femboy
Ferret or weasel-like creature, perhaps? Your description prompted that in my head. Quite cheery, happy, inquisitive and affectionate creatures. Intelligence included.

Neocanth

The Capranine
Another fantastic idea! I really like the cheerful and happy side of them, but and they are indeed interligent. Thanks!

Inkling

Delusional Idealist
Definitely a goat. Goats for everyone.
Goats are actually very smart and VERY curious. They're really good at escaping their pens because of this. >_> They can also be funny and crazy, which is very clearly shown by searching 'goat' on youtube. x'D They're definitely affectionate and cheerful as well!

Neocanth

The Capranine
That never even occurred to me, but it's another possibility and I like it! Thank you for the suggestion! ^~^

Last edited:

Melena-ManedWolf

furry scum

Neocanth

The Capranine
I've always been a big fan of canines, so I really will ponder this one as well as look at many other types. Thanks!

Half-Note

Find an animal fitting your traits in behaviour. Be that animal. That's what I did. :)

Neocanth

The Capranine
Yeah, I think that I'm going to do that now, I just wanted some input to expand my horizons before I really started looking. Thanks for all the input guys, and if anyone has anything else to recommend, I'd love to hear it!

Maelstrom Eyre

Ahmoua Wolf
Think of some animals that you feel especially drawn to. Maybe pull up videos on YouTube of some of the critters that have been suggested in this thread (I know there's a flippin' ton of goat videos because. . .well. . .goats are hilarious). Keep in mind that this is not something you're "stuck" with. It can evolve over time, too. It can change color or species, or become a hybrid of some kind. It can go from anthro to feral, or feral to anthro. It can have wings or horns or spots or stripes. That's the beauty of the fandom - you're not limited by some creator's rules of species or races. It's all up to you.

Neocanth

The Capranine
Thank you all for the input, and thank you Maelstrom for reminding me to keep and open mind. I've decided to go with a wolf-goat hybrid, and I would love to hear why you guys think of this!

Maelstrom Eyre

Ahmoua Wolf
Thank you all for the input, and thank you Maelstrom for reminding me to keep and open mind. I've decided to go with a wolf-goat hybrid, and I would love to hear why you guys think of this!

Wolf goat - that has some very cool potential. Cloven hooves are a neat look. . .and horns. . .and those weird non-blinking goat eyes. . .

Imagining the sound of a wolf-goat. . ."Aaahhooooo-mmmmmeh"

Awesome.

Neocanth

The Capranine
I'mI'm loving it so far, the wonderful Melena-ManedWolf did the art that you see on my profile and my avatar, it turned out wonderfully I think! And that noise that he must make sounds awesome! xD

Astus

Well Known Foxxo
A fox! We need more foxes for our fox army, and I know you'd make a fine private second class if you sign up right now :v

But seriously just pick whatever you like, seriously there is really nothing more to it.

P

Phoenix-Kat

Your name has fox in it. What about a fox? Next to wolves foxes seem to be the most common choice of animal when choosing a fursona. So what? There isn't just one type of fox out there. There are red foxes, grey foxes, fennec foxes, bat-eared, crab-eating, corsac, artic, etc. There are also mythological kitsunes that have multiple tails. The kitsune legend originates from Japan but that doesn't mean your kitsune has to be Japanese. You can also be original when choosing the color/s. A pink and purple fox may not exist in real life, but then neither do bipedal, talking foxes. Just because a species is popular and common doesn't mean yours has to be a stereotype or just like everyone else's.