• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Critique: Need help on drawing

Tyrrovada

8 foot fluffbutt
Is anyone able to give me some tips on drawing? I'm trying to clean this thing up and I'm having some trouble.
ibb.co: image-s long story short, I just stink at drawing atm XD

MissNook

I think that your drawing is quite nice. I don't really get what you mean by "clean it up" since for me it looks already pretty clean.

I can still say that the arms are not of the same length and one hand is bigger than the other. The legs look also quite stiff especially since the feet are in the same position even if the legs seem to be turned in different ways.

The light outline for the head works really weel ^^

Don't hesitate to explain what you want to achieve some more :)

MissNook

A shadow for your character on the ground? On your character?

The basics is to think of where your light source is (or are if there are several) and to try to think of all the things you want to shadow as simple shapes (like a ball jointed doll so cylinder shapes for arm/legs and so on). You can train yourself on simple shapes, like cube, sphere and so on to learn how the light and shadows act.

The following step can be to learn about the kind of shadows to have a more 3D feel to your drawing and to make more accurate shadows (since the shapes of the body are not that simple).

You can find a lot of tutorials on shadows on the web but if you explain a little more what you're looking for, I might be able to suggest a few ones for you :)

Tyrrovada

8 foot fluffbutt
I was hoping for something more of a shadow on the “magic circles” around the main drawing

MissNook

In my opinion you should let the center of your star polygon white and do either a gradient from orange to a light yellow or the opposite and add some dots around the whole to add some "magic" effect. I would also drop the black line and use a color pencil to do a red line.
Hope that helps ^^