• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Need help with my fursona

Hamza2006

Gay Shark
So I'm drawing my first fursona as a bat.
Biggest problem I'm facing is the wings.
Should I give him regular arms and wings attached to the back or should the wings be attached to the arms?
I prefer the idea of wings on the arms.
Problem here is that I don't see how a fursona with arm-wings can wear longsleeved shirts. And even if he can, how'd he roll up the sleeves if it gets hot or something?
I thought of having the wings attached to the hips and extend to some long spikes that stick out of his wrist and can open and close.
I'm just so confused.
Especially on the longsleeve thing.
Help please.

BunBunArt

Princess Bunny ♥
That's probably the fun of it! You will have to create alternative clothes that the character could wear, you will need some super creative ideas here! I say if you like that kind f wings, go for it, if he can't wear sleeves just create something else! :D

Hamza2006

Gay Shark
That's probably the fun of it! You will have to create alternative clothes that the character could wear, you will need some super creative ideas here! I say if you like that kind f wings, go for it, if he can't wear sleeves just create something else! :D
I mean I have thousands of ideas and ways that he could wear long sleeves with those wings.
Although I'm a very indecisive guy.

BunBunArt

Princess Bunny ♥
I think it's interesting and a bit different =D

TheCynicalViet

My fursona doesn't need to apply to the laws of logic right?
Well, you know, most things in life don't follow the laws of logic. Why do bats use echolocation instead night vision? Why do bats sleep upside down? Why did my ex-girlfriend leave me? There's no real point in racking your brain over things like that.

Just draw your fursona however you want!

PercyD

Lover of Beasty Baes
Usually things with wings, I give them a (fury) features- arms with an extra set of wings.

Or I connect the upperarm and the upper wing at the elbow, and have the forearms and forewings be seperate.

Or sometimes, I will give them wings seperate and a little lower on the back, depending on what sort of design I want for them. c:

If you want the traditional bat wings/arms, to get around the shirt problem, you can do vests, frocks, caplets. Be fashion forward.

Hamza2006

Gay Shark
Also I know I said he's a bat but I'm not too sure if I want that... I'm having trouble deciding on a species

PercyD

Lover of Beasty Baes
Also I know I said he's a bat but I'm not too sure if I want that... I'm having trouble deciding on a species
Well? Whats your aprehension? Not cute enough? Or are you just looking for something different.
(Btw, I personally feel we need more bats).

Toby_Morpheus

Hello, Proto
Can make the wings like webbing under the arms instead of full-blown wings.
Instead of flying, he can glide like Batman Beyond ;3

Hamza2006

Gay Shark
Well? Whats your aprehension? Not cute enough? Or are you just looking for something different.
(Btw, I personally feel we need more bats).
Well... I like bats but I'm more into sea creatures.
So I've done a lot (and I mean A LOT) of quizzes online and almost all of them say I'm like a dolphin.
I mean I'm perfectly fine with being a dolphin... In fact it sounds perfect. Only problem is that many people are telling me that dolphin fursonas can't have hair or live on land.

Toby_Morpheus

Hello, Proto
So I've done a lot (and I mean A LOT) of quizzes online and almost all of them say I'm like a dolphin.
I mean I'm perfectly fine with being a dolphin... In fact it sounds perfect. Only problem is that many people are telling me that dolphin fursonas can't have hair or live on land.
lol what
We're in a fandom full of mythical creatures and people are telling you that you can't have a dolphin with hair and is land bound?

Hamza2006

Gay Shark
lol what
We're in a fandom full of mythical creatures and people are telling you that you can't have a dolphin with hair and is land bound?
Not people here... People outside the forums are telling me since they say that dolphin skin is too sensitive to sunlight and that dolphins can't biologically have hair

Toby_Morpheus

Hello, Proto
Not people here... People outside the forums are telling me since they say that dolphin skin is too sensitive to sunlight and that dolphins can't biologically have hair
Okay.
But uh... this ain't real life.
Don't see any cybernetic goat people walking around, right?

Make what you want.

Hamza2006

Gay Shark
Okay.
But uh... this ain't real life.
Don't see any cybernetic goat people walking around, right?

Make what you want.
I guess I'll just make a dolphin instead of a bat then.
I love fiction but I always try to find out how something can work logically. But since nothing is impossible... Why not?

Toby_Morpheus

Hello, Proto
I guess I'll just make a dolphin instead of a bat then.
I love fiction but I always try to find out how something can work logically. But since nothing is impossible... Why not?
I mean there's a difference between truly impossible and mathematically impossible, but whatever.
You aren't making this thing to impress others or to make money. It's all for you so you're free to do whatever you like.
Go wild.

MissNook

Sometimes also the design may help you. You can try to draw and design a wolf-dolphin and see where the drawing process leads you. You may find new ideas on the way :)

DireWolfJ4

Thanos Bear But i'm clearly a folf
Think about the type of animals you like or ones that describe you. Some characteristics could be energetic, shy, mean, always happy etc, because if i recall this is a sona right? And a sona describes yourself. Or even try something thing like a protogen or something.

PercyD

Lover of Beasty Baes
Who are these people again--

I personally like my scalies and similar creatures without hair? They have a much more striking silloute and design without them.
But I have a leopard seal that should technically not be allowed on land but there are no rules. Just make something cool =u=//

PercyD

Lover of Beasty Baes
Case in point-

31351439@200-1556474606.jpg

www.furaffinity.net: Snek by Osato-kun

29013923@400-1539439731.jpg

www.furaffinity.net: Mister Lee vs. 2! by Iamghostdivision

26322682@400-1518117485.jpg

www.furaffinity.net: Chinese paddlefish by Haifisch_Ehrlich