• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Need Sci-Fi category

Stratelier

So as long as we're debating which of FA's Ferrox update or Duke Nukem Forever will be released first, can we have a "Sci-fi" submission category in the meantime?

I was submitting a drawing of a mecha, and discovered I had nowhere to place it -- I couldn't place it under 'Anime' because it's not an anime mech, Fantasy doesn't quite fit the bill, so I had to put it under 'Miscellaneous' as a last option.

T

TakeWalker

RE: Sci-Fi category?

Wait, there's no sci-fi listing under theme? o_O I could have sworn there was. If not, then this definitely ought to be fixed!

Stratelier

RE: Sci-Fi category?

fa_themes.jpg

FA must be the only art site without a general Sci-Fi option.

Sci-Fi theme option GET!

Bokracroc

Bokra, come out to pla-ay
RE: Need Sci-Fi category!

Stratadrake said:
So as long as we're debating which of FA's Ferrox update or Duke Nukem Forever will be released first, can we have a "Sci-fi" submission category in the meantime?

Ferrox is going to be released along side with Duke Nukem Forever. They will come in a bundle pack.

Lt_Havoc

SPADS Commander

I would also find a Sci-Fi caregory great, that and that they use something else then Ferrox, or just update the current site.

Leahtaur

Dickie said:
Reported

This is the second thread I've seen you say that on... please tell me this is a joke I'm missing out on, and not for real? ;_;

Stratadrake said:
This is the second thread I've seen you say that on...
Don't bother counting.

It had to do with the spammer. I don't think he really needed to point out he was reporting anything, as his statement ends up looking out of context when the post is removed...

But, back on-topic, a sci-fi category would be great. So would one for sculpture, actually. Anthro art is not just done in pixel and paint!

Stratelier

I wanna hear a response from an FA staffer or coder about this ... ergo, file it under the category for "how hard can it be to do"?

I know the mainsite search is (perennially) offline, so I don't know how many FA submissions get tagged with a 'Sci-fi' or similar label.

But I'm still willing to bet that the Theme listbox is database-driven (not just a static list), and thus there's a control panel interface for it. And if that be the case, all it takes is an FA staffer to log in to that CP and add a Sci-Fi theme to the list.

And that wouldn't even take five minutes.

Jekkal

Ooh, Seconded!

And while we're at it, can we toss in 'Body Armor' as a fetish?

Jekkal

Stratadrake said:
And while we're at it, can we toss in 'Body Armor' as a fetish?
Ugh, rule #37 strikes again. :(

*looks up rule #37*

... You meant Rule 34, right?

And even if you did, it still beats vore.

(for the record, I was just referring to the expansion of the 'Fetish/Specialty' category in general, not strict sexual fetish.)

Infinity

Since this is a furry site and most of the submissions here are of creatures in forms or likeness that does not exist, so per definition of some people would consider most of the submissions here "Sci-Fi", but for some it would be horribly misplaced and that would require a lot of clean up later.

So, why not implement something like a machinery related category?

Has it been mentioned yet if there will be descriptions for each category? Kind of like what DA had before they screwed the entire design of their site up.

Stratelier

Since this is a furry site and ...
I thought the goal of FA was to be not just "another furry site" y'know?

And yes FA could use some theme descriptions. dA's current system sucks, they don't have all the descriptions filled out, you have to pick 3~4 layers deep before it'll show you info about ANY of 'em (and if the deepest layer doesn't have a description, it won't show you any info about the upper levels), and they still have redirect problems ('Fantasy > Animals' redirects to 'Anthro' ??). I actually start to like dA's original gallery-select system where each layer deep was a separate page and it showed descriptions for all of them, and by default too.
Jekkal said:
Stratadrake said:
Ugh, rule #37 strikes again. :(

... You meant Rule 34, right?
Er..., yeah. (Shows how often I see that meme in the wild.)