• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Amber_Sakura_Wolf

Hey guys. I’m trying to get supplies to make my first ever fursuit, but I have no clue what color fur to get. I’m gonna use the Shannon Favrics brand on the shag faux fur. I’m undecided bween two colors, camel and the neon yellow. Camel looks like a natural color, yet it feels too light, but neon yellow looks better, but I’m not sure if it’s brighter in person than on the photo online. I want something to match my fursona, but I want a honey or caramel color that isn’t craft/fun fur because it’s a pain to use for accessories for Pokémon cosplays. I will also want to find a way to do a partial that looks nice for now and make a full fursuit if I can do the partial. Unfortunately the craft stores near me don’t have shag fur so I have to buy online as far as I know. Hopefully I can get some help before I finish getting materials. Also I won’t be doing commissions as I want advice to make my own character and save money. I think that I can do it at maybe $300. I just need the foam, sewing machine, polyester thread, and the shag fur of course. I can give my quadruped sona as a color reference. The tattoo goes on the right upper shoulder for the anthro sona. The sona is my profile picture which my phone won’t let me upload photos.

borders4life

They call me crazy dog lady...
I don't know too much about the faux fur or the process of making the suits, but I know from experience that neon colors tend to be a lot brighter in person. If you're aiming for a honey/caramel color, i would suggest the camel colored faux fur since its gonna be the closest in color as all three are natural colors.

Of course, if you wanted the fur to be a more vibrant, bright color, the neon would be best. Plus with time and cleaning, the color may even fade a bit (don't quite me on that though, i don't know too much about the fur).

I hope I helped some, i know I'm not the most qualifies person when it comes with the fur. I just know a bit about arts and craft stuff. Good luck on the partial though, it'll be cool to see the finished product!

Amber_Sakura_Wolf

I don't know too much about the faux fur or the process of making the suits, but I know from experience that neon colors tend to be a lot brighter in person. If you're aiming for a honey/caramel color, i would suggest the camel colored faux fur since its gonna be the closest in color as all three are natural colors.

Of course, if you wanted the fur to be a more vibrant, bright color, the neon would be best. Plus with time and cleaning, the color may even fade a bit (don't quite me on that though, i don't know too much about the fur).

I hope I helped some, i know I'm not the most qualifies person when it comes with the fur. I just know a bit about arts and craft stuff. Good luck on the partial though, it'll be cool to see the finished product!
Thank you a bunch! Unfortunately I’m not able to see them in person rather than as limited amounts of photos online. I’m still excited to do my first fursuit ever.

borders4life

They call me crazy dog lady...
Thank you a bunch! Unfortunately I’m not able to see them in person rather than as limited amounts of photos online. I’m still excited to do my first fursuit ever.

Hopefully what ever color you get works for you! I'm soon looking to plan my own partial fursuit, just have to completely figure out my fursona