• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Need some Redline help/ Long time no post

Jw

PINEAPPLE ACCOMPLISHED
I need a little help with this drawing:
Quick description: could characters sitting facing each other at a bar table, with the character in the foreground turning to his side/facing the viewer to belch fire.

I need help with figuring out the legs and how to make them work-- obviously I've attempted several times but I'm really and truly stuck and would appreciate any redlines I could get. Legs keep looking mangled and the bodies look slumped. I can't figure out how to make the "butt view" work with my character's thick tail AND sitting on a barstool.

Also, cheers and hope everyone's doing well. Preemptive thanks time. Oh and written crits are appreciated-- though bear in mind it's about 40% of the way done

Last edited:

Mserene

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ma7hgvEeoK1roo27go1_500.png

Ok, I did a quick red line.

One of the issues that I noticed right off the bat is the character on the left. His body has some wonky proportions, and it looks like he has no pelvis. A quick change to the angle of his leg and lowering it to the same level as the right character can help to level this out.

As for the right character, he has very odd shoulders, which is probably why you saw him as slumped. The distance between the end of the shoulders and the neck doesn't look to be equal, and they also appear not to be level. Bring his left shoulder closer to his body and raising his right ought to make it look very nice.

Good luck with this, and if you have anymore questions, please feel free to ask :3

Jw

PINEAPPLE ACCOMPLISHED
Thanks for the redline-- i'll get to work revising it shortly. Very appreciateive

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
This is probably a case of when you want to do a drawing in perspective. the table is very lopsided and you're getting a lot of issues because you don't have a perspective grid

Jw

PINEAPPLE ACCOMPLISHED
This is probably a case of when you want to do a drawing in perspective. the table is very lopsided and you're getting a lot of issues because you don't have a perspective grid
I'll give that a shot too. Thanks