• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Needs some critque on my new fursona.

Dearg

The often grumpy but friendly fox
Giresse( critque revision).png
This is my first time drawing anthro. It's supposed to be a fancy breed mouse. Tell me what your think.

Last edited:

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
There are small flecks of blue inbetween the toes, and areas around the legs and tail where I can see you have repeatedly painted over the background.
These effects are called 'Pentimento'.
If you don't already, it is useful to separate your background and your drawing onto different layers, so that the background is unaffected when you erase or modify objects in the foreground.

It is also worth noting that the character's eyes are pointed in different directions. Referring to existing images or examples of art by other artists, when you practice will reduce this sort of mistake.

The lines used to render the character are rather blurry. When you are using your graphics tablet make sure that your canvas is rather large and chose the 'pencil' tool with hard dynamics, instead of pressure opacity or any of the preset brushes, such as chalk, smudge, brush or crayon; these are often do more to hinder than help.

Keep practicing, and keep asking people for feedback, and you will be pleased with the improvements you see accumulating.

Dearg

There are small flecks of blue inbetween the toes, and areas around the legs and tail where I can see you have repeatedly painted over the background.
These effects are called 'Pentimento'.
If you don't already, it is useful to separate your background and your drawing onto different layers, so that the background is unaffected when you erase or modify objects in the foreground.

It is also worth noting that the character's eyes are pointed in different directions. Referring to existing images or examples of art by other artists, when you practice will reduce this sort of mistake.

The lines used to render the character are rather blurry. When you are using your graphics tablet make sure that your canvas is rather large and chose the 'pencil' tool with hard dynamics, instead of pressure opacity or any of the preset brushes, such as chalk, smudge, brush or crayon; these are often do more to hinder than help.

Keep practicing, and keep asking people for feedback, and you will be pleased with the improvements you see accumulating.
Ah ok, thank you very much. :) I can definitely see what you mean.

Rydenan

This is really good for a first time! The character's stance looks well-balanced, and the proportions, for the most part, all seem believable. He also has a good sense of being '3D' rather than flat. This is in part due to the basic shading, but mostly because your figure is well-drawn with three-dimensionality obviously in mind.
Suggestions I would make are:
- As Fallowfox said, if you're going to have an outline, it usually looks best to make it as crisp as possible (without being pixelated).
- If you drew a line between the eyes, it would not line up with the angle of the mouth, i don't think. It looks to me like either the left eye is too high, or the left side of the mouth is too low.
I would suggest practicing drawing heads. Not that this one is bad, persay. But the body is really very good, and, while the hands could also use some work, the main thing holding this piece back is that the head/face look sort of.. off. IMHO.
Practice those anthro faces and you'll be seriously in business!

Dearg

This is really good for a first time! The character's stance looks well-balanced, and the proportions, for the most part, all seem believable. He also has a good sense of being '3D' rather than flat. This is in part due to the basic shading, but mostly because your figure is well-drawn with three-dimensionality obviously in mind.
Suggestions I would make are:
- As Fallowfox said, if you're going to have an outline, it usually looks best to make it as crisp as possible (without being pixelated).
- If you drew a line between the eyes, it would not line up with the angle of the mouth, i don't think. It looks to me like either the left eye is too high, or the left side of the mouth is too low.
I would suggest practicing drawing heads. Not that this one is bad, persay. But the body is really very good, and, while the hands could also use some work, the main thing holding this piece back is that the head/face look sort of.. off. IMHO.
Practice those anthro faces and you'll be seriously in business!
OK I will definitely work on improving those aspects. Thank you :)