• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

New and clueless, but I'll say 'hi' anyway

ABQ_Creature

Hey,

I'm completely new to FA and the forums. I've had some interest for a while, but hadn't managed to venture in here. So, today I set up an account and started looking around. I have a lot of interest, but no knowledge, so I figured I'd say hi :)

I've read the rules and intro for newcomers, very helpful. I'll try not to do anything stupid. Beyond that, I don't know what I don't know. There's a lot of information and I'm working on picking through it. I did stumble across the age thread and now I know that I'm significantly older than the median here *cou42hg*.

Not sure what to say about me. . . Open and interested, but clueless. I've been in school for a long time, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Really, I'm just looking to meet some new and interesting people and have some fun. If I'm lucky, I'll locate a group in my local area and get to meet in person.

ABQ_Creature

Hello I'm new to the furoums but not to FA been on there a year. I'm Wolfmon and what should we call you?

Hi Wolfmon,
That's a good question, and one I hadn't put any thought into, I'm sure most aren't using their real names. . . In other forums, I've gone by Schrodinger or Schro for short. That seems wholly appropriate here, it's got the whole cat thing going on.

Mikazuki Marazhu

I hate you all
Hello!
So you're new here? Did you know we have initiation rites here which involves handcuffs and whips?
We'll need to give you the best welcoming party we could possibly give

MorbidWolf

Wolfmon
Hello!
So you're new here? Did you know we have initiation rites here which involves handcuffs and whips?

What?? No fair no one tied me up when I joined.. Your just picky aren't you?

ABQ_Creature

Hello!

Handcuffs: yes. Whips: yes. I couldn't ask for a better welcome! Just, for god's sake, leave the branding iron and clamps out of it :)

ABQ_Creature

I do actually have a couple of questions that I'm not able to figure out from the intro information. I don't know if this is the best place to ask, but I'll give it a shot and y'all can redirect me if necessary.

In the welcome/intro information, there is reference to 'The Den' and 'The Black Market.' I don't see those forum titles anywhere. What are those?
Also, I see on people's descriptions numbers for Posts and 'This.' I know what posts are, but what is this 'This' you speak of?

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
I do actually have a couple of questions that I'm not able to figure out from the intro information. I don't know if this is the best place to ask, but I'll give it a shot and y'all can redirect me if necessary.

In the welcome/intro information, there is reference to 'The Den' and 'The Black Market.' I don't see those forum titles anywhere. What are those?
Also, I see on people's descriptions numbers for Posts and 'This.' I know what posts are, but what is this 'This' you speak of?
Valid questions deserve valid answers.
"The Den" was the old name for the current Community Discussion.
"The Black Market" was the old name for Art Sales And Auctions.

Under people's poster info next to the report button, there's (in most forums/subforums) a button to thank someone for their input , also known as "this'ing" since they used to be called This'.
Thanks/this' don't really mean anything, they can for the most part be ignored. They're basically the times someone has agreed with your post/found it amusing

Last edited:

jtrekkie

Feathered
Yeah, SE near Carlsbad. How do you like it? I was just up there a couple weeks ago.

ABQ_Creature

I've been here about 2 years and I like it very much. The weather is awesome, the people are cool, and UNM has been excellent.
I got down to Carlsbad about a year ago for the caverns. I liked them, but didn't see much else down there.