• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

New artist! advices ?

Hi everybody, I'm new in the furry world and I wanted to say that I'm open to commissions, and to advices :)

Here is my first subsmission.

Have a nice day !

K

Kaayn

If you're not good at a certain thing, practice it instead of ignoring it.
Sadly I didn't take this advice when I first started so now I have to make up for it ;(

BunnyMouseFox

If you're not good at a certain thing, practice it instead of ignoring it.
Sadly I didn't take this advice when I first started so now I have to make up for it ;(

same. I also have this issue. I just drew what I was good at, and got better at it.... and now when I need to draw the thing I'm bad at, it looks TERRIBLE in comparison.

Thank you for this advice, you're totally right that most of the time, we run away our lack but that's not the right way x)

pinecones

Try new things, break out of your comfort zone. Use real-world references. If you're ever having trouble with something, take a break, do something else, return to it. Take challenges as opportunities to grow and make your art better and you will amaze yourself. This is an incredibly fun hobby and you can burn yourself out if you stay where you're comfortable (happened to me, I stopped drawing for seven years)

I do love your tough Rooster though. Something you've got right is the proportions in the body. The combination of textures in both the bg and character are a bit distracting.

Nike_M_Aguaraguazu

Fantasy Artist
You're already off to a splendid start.
Try to have a couple more finished pieces before starting to take commisions. That way clients can see different ways you draw and what you're capable of.
Practice different styles, and at the same time, refine your own style.
As for prices, this video helped me:
Be sure to lurk on the forums, specially in Sales and Auctions, so you may snatch a couple of clients.

That's all. I'm also relatively new. And good luck!
And we, the furries, welcome you!