• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

New Dawn Voting Round 1

Which Dawn Do you Like?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
Rouge2 said:
MarieChan said:
What if it had a brown patch or tip on it? x:

No one cares about your changes, Mariechan, last time you suggested stuff, the people did not like most of the changes.

I care, and that's kinda rude. It seemed like a helpful response :/

quark

Rouge2 said:
MarieChan said:

No one cares about your changes, Mariechan, last time you suggested stuff, the people did not like most of the changes.

This really bugs me, the way you treat people who are trying to HELP you. You could have at the very least thanked her for her idea and maybe politely have said that you're going to try something else instead.
If you're going to be so rude to everyone who is nice to you, maybe you should stop asking everybody for help, and stop whining about how no one likes you.

J

Jelly

quark said:
Rouge2 said:
MarieChan said:

This really bugs me, the way you treat people who are trying to HELP you. You could have at the very least thanked her for her idea and maybe politely have said that you're going to try something else instead.
If you're going to be so rude to everyone who is nice to you, maybe you should stop asking everybody for help, and stop whining about how no one likes you.

Rouge, please god...read this ^. I haven't really seen you much or had to deal with you, but everytime I have seen you, it's when you respond to someone who is offering advice or responding to a request or anything...and you act really critical and harsh. You really are the only one inflicting any damage on yourself...the others on this board have a decent understanding of art/character design and many are very experienced...so, LISTEN, AGHHH...

...and for christsakes, listen to Arshes, MarieChan, and anyone telling you to fix up the colors. I tend to agree that a solid brown tail on a yellow (or whatever...ironically, I am color-blind - colors are just a bit faded, so they don't impare my judgement all that much [i-it's yellow, right]) creature looks fairly goofy and plopped out of nowhere unless there's some kind of color segue or, what I like better, that there be some kind of markings featuring the brown. I might also add, that if something with a brown tail and something with another color tail mates - you won't necessarily inherit one color, and more often you'll have codominance, aka: spots or some other mark, but not solid...

kdone.

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
Rouge2 said:
She suggested Maria change Fur Color and clothing and it failed miserably.

Well now I'm curious, by whose standards for one.

The other is just because one idea didn't work out doesn't mean every idea is bad.

Are ALL your characters successful?

themocaw

Rouge2 said:

That was then. This is now. Don't worry about what Marie-chan did in the past, and let's look at the character we have in front of us.

I will be blunt: if you have a character who is all yellow with a tail that is all brown, it will look like a pooping lemon. It's just the way it works: unless you give the eye a visual cue that a different-colored element is a part of the whole, it will think that it's a different object: a long, brown object emerging from the character's lower back.

Now, unless you want to attract a certain subculture of fetishists, you want to avoid that. So you need to integrate it into the whole color-wise. You can do this ine one of two ways.

1. Add a yellow element to the tail.

2. Add a brown element to the rest of the character.

My suggestion: use course 2. Make her hair brown as well as her tail, or (as someone suggested) add a brown spot somewhere on her body: maybe her ear or tail, or maybe you could give her brown "socks and mittens." Marie suggested a yellow tail with a brown tip (course number 1). Either way is fine.

I'm sorry if I was a little coarse, but compare the way I'm treating you to the way you're treating Marie and ask yourself whether you got off easy.

My two cents.

Surgat

Where is your mod now?
Rouge2 said:

That is not an excuse for your rudeness.

quark

Rouge2 said:

Okay, so at that point, you say 'Thanks for the suggestion, but I think I'm going to try something else. Thanks for the help, though' This approach will not make the person helping you feel like garbage, and it won't make you come off looking like a jerk. However saying things like 'No one cares what you think, no one liked your idea, it failed miserably' is going to make the person feel bad, or will make them wish they had never bothered to help you in the first place.
This is why no one wants to draw you things or help you, because everyone knows that you're going to take the drawing, or the advice, and just throw it right back in their face, and act like an ingrate. You know that you've done something wrong when the furry community is starting to get reluctant to give you a hand, or give you free art.
You've been told this by people so many times, but you refuse to use any tact when dealing with people who are only trying to help you. But then you wonder why people don't want to help you, don't want to draw things for you, and just don't like you in general.

And by the way, Marie's suggestion to put a brown tip on the tail seemed like a good suggestion to me. Having a plain brown tail on a yellow character just looks...strange. If maybe the tips of her paws were brown, or if she had some brown patches on the rest of her, the brown tail wouldn't look so jarring. But just sticking a plain brown tail onto a yellow body doesn't make a lot of sense.

quark

Here Rouge2, I drew an example of what Dawn would look like if she had the brown tip on her tail like Marie suggested. I also drew her with the brown paws, as well, and I did change her hair up a bit. Just remember though, this is a quick drawing, so it's not going to look that great. Especially her hands.

dawnexample.jpg

My reason for adding the pink on the hair was that, since her fur is yellow, and her hair is yellow, there's nothing really to make her hair stand out from her fur. So I thought if maybe she had just a tip of a funky colour on her bangs, then her hair will pop, just a little. Adding little patches of brown on the rest of her kind of gels the brown tail of the character too. The way she was before, it was just a bit strange to have an all yellow character, and then she's just got this solid brown tail.

What do you guys think? Do you prefer the solid brown tail, or do you guys think putting patches of colour elsewhere looks better?

Opius

quark said:
Here Rouge2, I drew an example of what Dawn would look like if she had the brown tip on her tail like Marie suggested. I also drew her with the brown paws, as well, and I did change her hair up a bit. Just remember though, this is a quick drawing, so it's not going to look that great. Especially her hands.

dawnexample.jpg

My reason for adding the pink on the hair was that, since her fur is yellow, and her hair is yellow, there's nothing really to make her hair stand out from her fur. So I thought if maybe she had just a tip of a funky colour on her bangs, then her hair will pop, just a little. Adding little patches of brown on the rest of her kind of gels the brown tail of the character too. The way she was before, it was just a bit strange to have an all yellow character, and then she's just got this solid brown tail.

What do you guys think? Do you prefer the solid brown tail, or do you guys think putting patches of colour elsewhere looks better?

YOU CAN'T DO THAT! IT'S NOT PART OF THE GENERATING PROGRAM!!! :mad:

N3X15

quark said:

dawnexample.jpg

What the HELL are you talking about? That looks awesome ;;

Seriously, looking at it, I cannot find one thing wrong with the hands. Course, I don't draw much, but...

J

Jelly

Yeah, let's not do that. [size=xx-large]〠[/size] (<-- Does anyone know what that is?)

Anyways - yeah, I think the pink was a great idea for the hair. The character felt a little wonky with just brown and yellow. I was with the no-solid tail from the start - I think it's better with the colors diffusing into the brown at the extremities like they are.

(I almost wish this could be more colorful and full of life. However, that is infinitely better than "poop lemon" or whatever someone else called it! :D)

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
Quark's picture definitely has a "Dawn" theme to it especially with that color scheme. The pink hair has a nice touch.

MarieChan

Arshes Nei said:
Rouge2 said:

Well now I'm curious, by whose standards for one.

The other is just because one idea didn't work out doesn't mean every idea is bad.

Are ALL your characters successful?

Let me shed some light on this. Rouge2 made Maria a grey wolf with 3 tails and even admitted she was modeled after someone else's character who was a grey wolf with three tails. I suggested he try red since there are red wolves and then in a sense it wouldn't be a carbon copy of someone else's character, myes?

The only negative reaction I saw was that someone told him to quit using character generators as a crutch for art or the likes, but I was willing to help him for awhile.

quark

Rouge2 said:
I tried pink and yellow and it didn't work, I changed her since then.

How exactly does pink and yellow not work? Pink and yellow look very nice together, and there are people here who agree with me.
And please, do not give me some weird answer for why pink and yellow don't work, like 'Well, Dawn's step sister on her mothers uncles side who was Sonic's nephew named Hermes who was a member of Team Blanket had white fur'
I just seriously do not get how pink and yellow 'didn't work'

P.S. If you don't like the way I drew her, I'm just going to nab the changes I made for her, and make a few more, and give her a name change to make her my own character, cause I thought she turned out hella cute.

MarieChan

quark said:
How exactly does pink and yellow not work? Pink and yellow look very nice together, and there are people here who agree with me.  
And please, do not give me some weird answer for why pink and yellow don't work, like 'Well, Dawn's step sister on her mothers uncles side who was Sonic's nephew named Hermes who was a member of Team Blanket had white fur'

P.S. If you don't like the way I drew her, I'm just going to nab the changes I made for her, and make a few more, and give her a name change to make her my own character, cause I thought she turned out hella cute.

That's actually not a bad idea there~ I wonder, have you ever tried the white/violet combination cause that worked for me well :3

quark

MarieChan said:
quark said:

That's actually not a bad idea there~ I wonder, have you ever tried the white/violet combination cause that worked for me well :3

White and violet are so pretty together. Hell, white and pretty much anything, but I love violet to begin with, and paired with white? Oh lovely!
I'm also a big fan of deep chocolate brown and pale blue, or pale pink.

MarieChan

I used an off-white from the base violet to make a light pink color so it it'd be easier to shade about and got this-

catfish.png

oh yeah, did I mention I like mermaids? x3

MarieChan

Well, it's more like I had a grudge in the past against him because I agreed to help him out and he attempted to cyber with me when I told him not to. Still, I helped and now I am just talking to Quark

Status
Not open for further replies.