• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

New discoveries in the effects of marijuana.

Paul'o'fox

amica mea Musica
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBWJteENiUs

Also, THC can be linked to psychosis maybe, but CBD can actually cure psychosis, but street sellers breed the plants to not contain CBD.

Up for debate, is cannabis still bad, or is it good or do you think the documentary is a load of shit put together by pot heads?

CerbrusNL

I am legion, for we are many.
"but street sellers breed the plants to not contain CBD"

Drugs are bad, mkay?

ramsay_baggins

WINTERFELL!
My parents, as a nurse and a doctor, and my sister as a nurse, all see the effects that drugs have on people daily. Illegal drugs are most definitely bad.

Yes, that includes weed.

(Edited for clarification)

Last edited:

Ilayas

My parents, as a nurse and a doctor, and my sister as a nurse, all see the effects that drugs have on people daily. Drugs are most definitely bad.

Yes, that includes weed.

Well ALL drugs are not necessarily bad. Every drug has side effects its just in proper doses (as prescribed by a doctor) the positive effects can out weight the negative ones. Even common drugs (like over the counter pain killers) should not be taken lightly and consuming drugs for recreational reasons is generally not a good idea. My father is a pharmacist, I have a healthy respect for what medication can do.

Fay V

Lost to this world
There's a reason why you don't just grab a bottle in your bathroom and chug it. All things are bad in excess, everything. hell even water can kill you in excess. Oh course drugs are going to have adverse effects. the question is how frequent do you need to use before it causes problems.

Eske

Don't believe the mask...
Drugs aren't bad, drug abuse is bad. If people would all be relatively smart about the things they did, we wouldn't need to ban anything. Sadly, that'll never be the case.

I've never felt that there's anything wrong with Cannabis. It's about as harmful as alcohol (in many ways, even less so). Not everyone who uses Marijuana uses it in excess -- some actually use it responsibly.

moriko

A lot of drug centers also see people for addictions to prescription drugs that don't get as much bad press. Pain killers are a pretty big thing I see. My mom needs them once in a while for back pain, and when the pain is gone, she sells them for a pretty big penny to those just wanting to feel the other effects they can tend to give... Not that I'm proud of my mom for that.

Bliss

The difference between medicine and poison is the dose.

I've never felt that there's anything wrong with Cannabis. It's about as harmful as alcohol (in many ways, even less so). Not everyone who uses Marijuana uses it in excess -- some actually use it responsibly.
Oh, you Dutch. <3

iTails

Certified Asshole
Drugs are not "bad." The harmful drugs are "bad." Weed, as far as I can see, are not harmful except in the case of making you really, REALLY, dumb. But hey! Let's stop people from doing what they want! That totally worked in the 1920's with prohibition!

Volkodav

Dad****er
i habeeb we should legalize all drugs
whats wrong with someone shooting up every now and then
its just a waste of $$ to put them in jail and a waste of $ because it will not stop drug addicts from doing drugs.
Putting a drug dealer in jail will not stop people from dealing drugs. It's proven. How long ago did the "war on drugs" start? Yeah.
I can go out right this second and find someone who will sell me coke within an hour. It is not working.

put the people who sell drugs to kids in jail, not the grey gollum-lookin heroin addicts who shoot up by themselves in their basement. I live in a city where they have methadone clinics to get heroin addicts off heroin. it dont work either because they just get addicted to methadone!!! and then we have more $$ wasted on putting them away

Last edited:

Azure

100% organic vegan hubbas
Every pot documentary is usually full of shit, on either side of the spectrum. People aren't just magically getting psychosis because they smoke bud, they have to already be heavily predisposed to it, so it was going to happen anyway. As far as that whole drugs are bayd hurr hurr, well simply put, fuck you. Drugs aren't bad, how people go about using them is. Of course, I am blue in the face with this argument in general, so I'll just fuck off. The rain storm is dying down anyway. Back to job hunting.

Volkodav

Dad****er
Remember kids, drugs are bad except for alcohol, caffeine, and prescription painkillers.
You have no fucking clue. NO CLUE. How mad I get when someone smokes in the car while I'm in there, and bitches about drug-addicts.
It literally makes me wanna grab the wheel and drive it into a fucking wall.

IF YOU SMOKE CIGARETTES REGULARLY, YOU HAVE NO RIGHT WHATSOEVER TO RAG ON DRUG ADDICTS OF ANY KIND.

Azure

Untrue. Reefer Madness was the most groundbreaking film on the subject ever created.
It's funny, I've never played the piano THAT violently. But I have killed for laffs, and my pants are crusted with semen from constantly jacking off when I can't find a rape victim. Quick, somebody call the ghost of William Randolph Hearst, he has to piss all over the credibility of our country once again!

Hendly Devin

No this cant be true!
Psychosis. What ever that means.

Ill day that for the overwhelming majority of smokers pot is motivationally beneficial, and at the same time is emotionally relaxing.

But for a small number of users, myself included, pot can cause very intense panic attacks and paranoia. Which i guess is what they call psychosis. This is not really an effect of long term use this is actually an effect of a persons neurochemistry not being used to THC. This reaction can be treated through moderated and comfortable use.

Another theory i have heard is that the street weed is generaly a canibus sativa blend which can have paranoia and panic effects to light weight or in experienced users. Usually my bad experiences with weed has been with sativa blends. While the more exotic blends (and also the majority of medical marijuana blends) are generally a canibus indica breed. Which can be used to treat panic paranoia anxiety and "psychosis". Indica is also known to be good for reenergizing, motivating and for enhancing thinking.

Personally im not a fan of weed or really any drug alcohol included even though i think some serve decent social funtions. However i can say that weed definayely has exceptional benefits beyond a doubt, medically, spiritually, and with some people its an excellent aid in creativity.

I personally think smoking weed to open up the mind is nonsense, such as that videos comment that weed might have been the reason cromagnon man became cave painters... I call bull shit. Im sure it was part of their art and spiritual rituals which involved cultural art but its not the cause of it. The same brain is there with or without weed, the same capacity, the same faculties, the same articulations. Its kind of an insult to the ability of a human brain to think otherwise. In my eyes the only thing weed would do is motivate a person to do what they feel like with less resraint and less inhibition.

Volkodav

Dad****er
It's funny, I've never played the piano THAT violently. But I have killed for laffs, and my pants are crusted with semen from constantly jacking off when I can't find a rape victim. Quick, somebody call the ghost of William Randolph Hearst, he has to piss all over the credibility of our country once again!
Are you drunk/high/hacked/a spambot

Volkodav

Dad****er
No. I'm just way better read than you.
Not a chance. At least when I say bizarre shit it 1. makes sense kind of and 2. is funny
When you do it, it reminds me of an oxy'd out gollum-creature screaming in an alley

..actualy thats kinda funny now that I think of it

Azure

Not a chance. At least when I say bizarre shit it 1. makes sense kind of and 2. is funny
When you do it, it reminds me of an oxy'd out gollum-creature screaming in an alley

Get bent, shitstain.

iTails

Certified Asshole

I think someone can't agree to disagree.

Hendly Devin

No this cant be true!
I dunno... Azure is kinda self-righteous in my eyes. Which he is welcome to be. Azure yer a dude right.

Clayton is a internets wise ass, one exists to irritate the other... Its kinda dumb, but it happens

Maybe the two of you should settle this over a blunt, my treat.

Bliss

I dunno... Azure is kinda self-righteous in my eyes. Which he is welcome to be. Azure yer a dude right.

Clayton is a internets wise ass, one exists to irritate the other... Its kinda dumb, but it happens
And you are one weird, curious rasta midget.