• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

New discoveries in the effects of marijuana.

Evan of Phrygia

WwwHhAaaAaTtTttTttTtT
I'd go with legalization, considering alcohol is known to have a higher rate of related death and injuries and is legal for anyone over 21.

It's not the drug that's the pure evil, it's drug abuse. I'm now beating a dead horse here, soo...

Hendly Devin said:
But for a small number of users, myself included, pot can cause very intense panic attacks and paranoia. Which i guess is what they call psychosis. This is not really an effect of long term use this is actually an effect of a persons neurochemistry not being used to THC. This reaction can be treated through moderated and comfortable use.
Been there done that.

So i'm going to go out on a limb and say i have psychosis, because i've been having those problems.

Last edited by a moderator:

Volkodav

Dad****er
I dunno... Azure is kinda self-righteous in my eyes. Which he is welcome to be. Azure yer a dude right.

Clayton is a internets wise ass, one exists to irritate the other... Its kinda dumb, but it happens

Maybe the two of you should settle this over a blunt, my treat.
I don't mean to get into semantics, but I consider myself a self-righteous wise-ass.

DevistatedDrone

Poops in toilets.
Legalize pot, profit from taxes
That's all anyone anywhere should really care about.
I would go into conspiracy theories about why pot hasn't been legalized and taxed yet, but I'd probably just end up sounding like a wanker.

SnowyD

The Voice of Reason
I puff chronic everyday. I can't wait to tell youngsters "Back in my day, this shit was illegal."

The fact that it is illegal makes me sad.

Torrijos-sama

The Artist Formerly Known as Jesusfish
My parents, as a nurse and a doctor, and my sister as a nurse, all see the effects that drugs have on people daily. Illegal drugs are most definitely bad.

Yes, that includes weed.

(Edited for clarification)

My Mother is a public health nurse, and my grandmother worked at a Rehab clinic.

They are both of the opinion that most Legal drugs are about as bad as Illegal drugs.

Legal drugs like Neurontin, Oxycontin, Fentanyl, Ketamine, Oxymorphone, Benzodiazepines, Barbituates, and both typical and atypical anti-psychotics can cause patients to grow dependent on them. If one quits them cold turkey (especially with antipsychotics and benzos), they could possibly die, especially if they get the shakes.

And Alcohol is possibly the worst drug of all.

There haven't been any reported cases of physical dependence on THC, though, and I have yet to see a 12-step program for Cannabis.

dinosaurdammit

White Devil
Legal drugs like Neurontin, Oxycontin, Fentanyl, Ketamine, Oxymorphone, Benzodiazepines, Barbituates, and both typical and atypical anti-psychotics can cause patients to grow dependent on them. If one quits them cold turkey (especially with antipsychotics and benzos), they could possibly die, especially if they get the shakes.

Oh hey I remember that! I was prescribed medication to deal with pain and paranoia- got hooked, had to keep taking them and decided I didn't want to poison my body anymore. Oh, my, god. It was painful- I has seizures and foamed at the mouth like a rabies infested raccoon. The worst drug of all is the one you are prescribed.

After some bad times and run-ins with some hardcore shit weed doesn't seem bad at all- seems like the saint of drugs.

Tomias_Redford

Knight Of Time
Truth be told, I've seen worse things happen with drunk people than stoners. I am one yes, and yeah, when I'm high, sometimes I do become a dumbshit, but other times I find it really boost my creativity. Heck, just check my FA account, the last...3 pictures I've drawn, I drew when I was stoned. Overall, I've had little to no bad mental issues because of it, and as mentioned before, I've actually had worse experiences drunk than stoned. It's also physically impossible to overdose with Weed, if you smoke too much, you just pass out and wake up a few hours later like "whaaaa..." Yes, some people may have slight mental issues when they smoke, but not everyone's body works the same. If they get psychosis then fine, just don't smoke again, it's almost like the body's way of saying "K dude, this stuff isn't for you".

iTails

Certified Asshole
Truth be told, I've seen worse things happen with drunk people than stoners. I am one yes, and yeah, when I'm high, sometimes I do become a dumbshit, but other times I find it really boost my creativity. Heck, just check my FA account, the last...3 pictures I've drawn, I drew when I was stoned. Overall, I've had little to no bad mental issues because of it, and as mentioned before, I've actually had worse experiences drunk than stoned. It's also physically impossible to overdose with Weed, if you smoke too much, you just pass out and wake up a few hours later like "whaaaa..." Yes, some people may have slight mental issues when they smoke, but not everyone's body works the same. If they get psychosis then fine, just don't smoke again, it's almost like the body's way of saying "K dude, this stuff isn't for you".

That's when you move onto METHHHHHHHHHH

Volkodav

Dad****er
I know people addicted to Oxycontin

I don't know a single person who is addicted to marijuana.

Schwimmwagen

I think softer drugs should be legalized, because they're actually causing a lot more trouble than they're worth these days. If Marijuana could be sold legally in shops, it could probably do it bit for the economy. For now, it's just diverting so much police attention from things that really do matter more. IMO, soft drugs should be treated like alcohol/tobacco, where being irresponsible to a point that it affects others is a criminal offence, yet you're allowed to help yourself to it after reaching a certain age, and should know that if anything bad happens to you from overdoing it, you remember that it was all your choice and you were aware of the risks and should stop complaining and start taking responsibility. I'd love to be able to sell the stuff legally (not that I sell the stuff as it is) as it could do wonders for me and many other businesses, but I wouldn't touch any of it myself.

Eske

Don't believe the mask...
And yet they don't stop do they? :V

Uh, yes, they do.
I did.

I'm definitely not planning on doing anything illegal when I move to the states, so I stopped ahead of time. No negative side-effects or urges whatsoever, I just stopped.

Ilayas

I know people addicted to Oxycontin... I don't know a single person who is addicted to marijuana.

Depends on what your definition of "addiction" people can get addicted to video games, gambling and food (depending on what theory of addiction you subscribe to) so I'd say that people can probably get addicted to pot as well. Just because it doesn't have the physical withdrawal effects like say alcohol doesn't mean it can't be addictive. That aside, I honestly don't feel that pot so harmful to society (or at lest no more harmful then drugs that are currently legal) to criminalize it. Waste of money to keep it illegal if you ask me.

Heck, just check my FA account, the last...3 pictures I've drawn, I drew when I was stoned. Overall, I've had little to no bad mental issues because of it, and as mentioned before, I've actually had worse experiences drunk than stoned.

I don't know if I'd brag about that.

Last edited:

Volkodav

Dad****er
Depends on what your definition of "addiction" people can get addicted to video games, gambling and food (depending on what theory of addiction you subscribe to) so I'd say that people can probably get addicted to pot as well. Just because it doesn't have the physical withdrawal effects like say alcohol doesn't mean it can't be addictive. That aside, I honestly don't feel that pot so harmful to society (or at lest no more harmful then drugs that are currently legal) to criminalize it. Waste of money to keep it illegal if you ask me.

I don't know if I'd brag about that.

The people I know addicted to oxy try to tell me that they take oxys due to pain
The last time I checked, you don't crush up and SNORT oxy contin 5 times a day

Volkodav

Dad****er
I have never had withdrawals from any other drug.. ahem.. except alcohol..

as much as I've had withdrawals from iced cappuccinos from Tim Hortons. That shit is like pure espresso and the withdrawal is a PITA

Hendly Devin

No this cant be true!
I don't mean to get into semantics, but I consider myself a self-righteous wise-ass.

Oh good sir how silly. Really the context of the term internets in this statement is synonymous with self-righteous.

I guess i dont say that right out cause sometimes you actually have a sense of humor. :/

as to pot being addictive. Adiction is not entirely based on the "i can quit whenever i want" excuse. Because 1. You need a reason to quit inorder to quit. 2. How long does one have to quit for it to be considered quit? Because thats a pretty fuzzy grey area between quiting relapsing and general recreational use.

Take a health class, any health class, they will tell you pot is not physically addictive but mentally addictive. But picking your nose or biting your nails can be mentally addictive too does being a nose picker make you an addict?

Volkodav

Dad****er
Take a health class, any health class, they will tell you pot is not physically addictive but mentally addictive. But picking your nose or biting your nails can be mentally addictive too does being a nose picker make you an addict?
That bends a little bit into OCD/stress-related disorders.

I'm a compulsive nail-biter, nail-picker, skin-picker, lip-picker, scab-picker, etc. I can't help doing it and I've tried to stop. I'll literally sit there ripping chunks of skin off, FEEL THE PAIN and say "fuck that hurts" but continue. For me, it starts at any sign of stress. I'll be fine and dandy but as soon as someone like my dad gets into an argument with me or I feel stress/anxiety, I start rippin away.
& before some ignorant person comes in and says "it's just a bad habit", please visit this site.
http://www.skinpick.com/

One might consider it an addiction [and I can see how it would be considered that] but for me, I pick at things to make them even. If there's a little edge of skin, I'll rip at it until I can't rip it any longer and it's considered "even".

Last edited:

Azure

100% organic vegan hubbas
I dunno... Azure is kinda self-righteous in my eyes. Which he is welcome to be. Azure yer a dude right.

Clayton is a internets wise ass, one exists to irritate the other... Its kinda dumb, but it happens

Maybe the two of you should settle this over a blunt, my treat.

Maybe you should explain your comment. And what does gender have to do with it?