• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

New FA Genders undid all my previous submissions

Were your submissions negatively effected by the catagory changes?

• Yes

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Unsure/Other or N/A

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

foxpawmcfly

Firstly, I'm very glad to see that FA has added more options to the submission categories.

However, since most of my 1000+ submissions were labeled as "Transgender",
and that option was removed and replaced with "Transgender (Male)" and "Transgender (Female)", now the vast majority of my submissions were re-categorized as "Other/Not Specified".

Even if FA finds a better solution, I don't know if this action can even be undone, or if now all of us have to go into our submissions and manually re-assign the gender category. I would have hoped that to prevent this they would maybe have just added the additional new options while leaving the old one or converting it to "Transgender (etc.)" or "Transgender (other)" or something that wouldn't cause such a potentially huge issue for users (Even if it would only have put things in a partly correct category given the new options).

I can't be upset, because the new option is nice... and FA has done so much for the community. But the way it was done is going to either cost me hours of work time to fix the damage, or I have to be willing to ignore that all those submissions are now in the wrong category. And since I rely on views for my business, ignoring it certainly isn't the good option.

Patreon and FA are how I earn 100% of my income. And I'm grateful for everything that my watchers, patrons, and the FA staff do to literally keep artists like me alive. I just hope these kinds of changes in future will maybe be handled better. I almost feel bad complaining about it, but I figure it would be just as wrong to remain quiet. If I look at it as helpful feedback or constructive criticism it might help improve the site.

Either way, I hope this helps in some way.
- Fox

Last edited:

NZ1

Made a forum account primarily due to these changes, and I really just wish this change was discussed and announced prior.
Purely from a browsing-perspective, it makes searching & filtering more difficult than it needs to be and I've even been noticing that most people don't really seem to know what each new category are supposed to be far as some are nearly identical in how they are used.