• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

New fursuit maker help!

Babycatz

Hi I'm fairly new to the fandom and trying to make my first suit! My sona is a pink and white hyperfeminine bengal cat and im currently trying to make the head.
Snapchat-1450017630.jpg

(Sorry for the background mess) I was trying to add hair from a wig but I really didnt like how it looked so I removed it. I'm still trying to figure out what I should do because i don't like the way she looks bald D:
Additionally I realized that I should have given her an open mouth cause i can barely breathe out of her. It was hard to find a good tutorial for sculpting cat snouts that still looked cute and femenine. As for the vision, it's kind of hard to see and i was considering putting more buckram in the corners of her eyes.

Overall can I get some opinions and tips from some makers with experience? Does she look ok for my first suit? What I'd like to end up with one day once im more experienced is a suit like one of these(warning mildly suggestive suits) :
www.furaffinity.net: Fluffy Baby 4 by ButterflyBackRio
www.furaffinity.net: Swimming competition by Winfox

Keefur

aka Cutter Cat
I think she looks all right for a first suit. You can always sell her later if you want to try for a different look. You could always add more buckram to the eyes if it doesn't look bad. Be sure to blacken the buckram on the inside to avoid light bounce-back. You really need some sort of ventilation in the head. It is possible to actually run yourself out of oxygen if you don't have enough air flow. I did a mascot gig with the Energizer Bunny and had that problem, and this was a professionally made suit. Perhaps you could get a longer wig and put some airways in or maybe find a way to put some airway under the chin or through the ears. I really couldn't tell you without putting my paws on the head..

Babycatz

Thank-you for the tips! I didnt know about blackening the buckram from the inside, i'll try that. The ventilation is pretty bad so I think I might try selling her for a discounted price after I can get some better ventilation in since its a fairly amature head.

Keefur

aka Cutter Cat
Thank-you for the tips! I didnt know about blackening the buckram from the inside, i'll try that. The ventilation is pretty bad so I think I might try selling her for a discounted price after I can get some better ventilation in since its a fairly amature head.
When you black it out, spray the inside with a flat matting spray to keep the light reflection down and keep the black from rubbing off.
Let me know how it does.

A

Axel_is_Crafty

This looks quite good considering it's your first fursuit head. Im impressed :0

Lobie5

Lobie the Cartoonist
Idk if my opinion'll matter since I haven't made a suit before, but she's super cute!! excellent work! :D

AngelwolfUK

If you do decide to sell and start over, there's a couple of great head-building templates available from Kloofsuits. They're on Etsy. You basically print them, cut out the shapes in foam and glue them together. They're quite customisable, too, so you can easily ensure ventilation.

Great head so far though! I'm still working on my first, definitely a learning experience

Babycatz

If you do decide to sell and start over, there's a couple of great head-building templates available from Kloofsuits. They're on Etsy. You basically print them, cut out the shapes in foam and glue them together. They're quite customisable, too, so you can easily ensure ventilation.

Great head so far though! I'm still working on my first, definitely a learning experience
Thankyou very much thats super helpful to know. I will check them out! :D

VX666

The Foxy Goddess
I think you did pretty good for a first head.

There are some symmetry issues that are appearent.

Also, note where you want curves and sharp edges, a feminine character ismt suppose to have too many square or sharp edges.

For a wig, I suggest having a professional hair weaver do that and learn from them

Babycatz

I think you did pretty good for a first head.

There are some symmetry issues that are appearent.

Also, note where you want curves and sharp edges, a feminine character ismt suppose to have too many square or sharp edges.

For a wig, I suggest having a professional hair weaver do that and learn from them

This was so beneficial thank-you. :) I'll be sure to keep all of this in mind when making my next head.
Btw I love your suit so much it's my literal goal in life to end up with a suit like that. <3 <3 <3